Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    For me it has nothing to do with Lynch and what he might be, it is a simple case of resources. If you can replace Lynch with a guy who will actually contribute, the team is better, period. Some fans are acting like our team is a hot mess, but I see it as just needing an improved run defense to make another SB run. We scored 2 points less per game than we did in 2015. Our defense gave up about the same. Our turnover ratio was actually better by +6.

If the opportunity comes up to get a very good piece for the next 2-3 years instead of developing a QB that could be good in 2-3 years, I just go with the now since we really do have a chance to compete for championships now.

I wonder if anyone would care if he was a 3rd round pick? A late 1st not panning out is not that big of a deal. The difference in where we drafted him and where we drafted Brock is marginal.
    Well imo, we don't have a qb that we know we can count on for the future. It may be one of the ones on our roster currently or it may not. But until we know, I would like to wait and see. We have money and draft picks currently, so if we need "1" piece to win it now, we have what we need to get it without trading either qb. Its not like we have a Brady leading our team for the next 10 yrs so the others are expendable. Now for all we know 1 of those 2 could turn out to be a franchise qb and we could be set for the next 10 to 15 yrs. But we won't know until they are given some time to learn, get experience and prove themselves one way or the other.

I realize you really like TS. I am by far not convinced he is the future. But I hope you are right, I would love to see him prove to be a great qb in this league. He has not yet. I would love for PL to become a great qb. He has not yet. Till someone steps up and takes the rains and proves to be the next leader of this team and franchise guy, we are shooting ourselves in the foot by getting rid of anyone who possibly could be. Competition is a great thing. Let them battle it out and make each other better and see who rises to the top, or doesn't. I don't want to end up like the Falcons when they traded Favre

CHILDREN ARE THE RAINBOW OF LIFE
    GRANDCHILDREN ARE THE POT OF GOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Orangecrush21 View Post
    Is anyone else not ready to give up on last year's first round pick? He's played 2 games and was supposed to be a 2 year project anyway. What's with this newfound lack of patience?
    How many two year projects actually turn out to be any good?

The doubt is especially compounded by the fact he couldn't beat out a seventh round pick, who would have been a fourth round pick at best, had he been healthy.
    Jesus Loves You, even if you don't love Him.
    Woooo!! Wooooo!!! Wooooooo!!!! Wooooooooooooooooo!!!!!
    negs are for cowards. I won't back down.

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    Well imo, we don't have a qb that we know we can count on for the future. It may be one of the ones on our roster currently or it may not. But until we know, I would like to wait and see. We have money and draft picks currently, so if we need "1" piece to win it now, we have what we need to get it without trading either qb. Its not like we have a Brady leading our team for the next 10 yrs so the others are expendable. Now for all we know 1 of those 2 could turn out to be a franchise qb and we could be set for the next 10 to 15 yrs. But we won't know until they are given some time to learn, get experience and prove themselves one way or the other.

I realize you really like TS. I am by far not convinced he is the future. But I hope you are right, I would love to see him prove to be a great qb in this league. He has not yet. I would love for PL to become a great qb. He has not yet. Till someone steps up and takes the rains and proves to be the next leader of this team and franchise guy, we are shooting ourselves in the foot by getting rid of anyone who possibly could be. Competition is a great thing. Let them battle it out and make each other better and see who rises to the top, or doesn't. I don't want to end up like the Falcons when they traded Favre
    It's more than about liking TS, I don't think you can develop 2 guys to be starters. Do you split the reps? Then both are getting less reps than they should. Do you put the guys around them to fit their skill set? They don't have the same skill set, so this would be hard to do personnel wise. What offense are you installing given what each guys does best? Once again, less practice means less perfect for both and the team in general.

I just see trying to bring both along as a hinderance to both of them and the team. If we are not sold on TS or Lynch after a year, then we may be in a state of peralysis by analysis. Not committing oneself to whatever in life usually ends up in weaker results.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    It's more than about liking TS, I don't think you can develop 2 guys to be starters. Do you split the reps? Then both are getting less reps than they should. Do you put the guys around them to fit their skill set? They don't have the same skill set, so this would be hard to do personnel wise. What offense are you installing given what each guys does best? Once again, less practice means less perfect for both and the team in general.

I just see trying to bring both along as a hinderance to both of them and the team. If we are not sold on TS or Lynch after a year, then we may be in a state of peralysis by analysis. Not committing oneself to whatever in life usually ends up in weaker results.
    Paxton will look much better with an improved o line and not having to run Gary's archaic bootleg. He sohuld do well in a memphis style offense per McCoy.

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    Its because the consistent narrative that he doesn't put in the work. Him spending his offseason away from the facility while Siemian is in there everyday rehabbing. It's not a good look for somebody who is anointed to be the guy.

I don't think anyone has given up on him but these reports don't instill confidence in his doubters.
    Coaches aren't allowed to talk to players about football until OTA's, and for the first phase (I believe it's 2 weeks) of OTAs, the only coaches allowed to talk to the players will be strength and conditioning coaches.

So even if Lynch stayed in Denver in the offseason, he would just be working out in the team's weight room by himself.

Siemian is an exception in that he had surgery and needs to rehab, so he can work with the training staff, and strength and conditioning guys, but no coaches can talk to him about football.

So the narrative is wrong, there's no point to working out at the team complex right now, and since Lynch is working out with a personal QB coach he's actually better off working out away from the team.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

Quote Originally Posted by SaltySnipes View Post
    Paxton will look much better with an improved o line and not having to run Gary's archaic bootleg. He sohuld do well in a memphis style offense per McCoy.
    The new offense will be very different than what he ran in college. In college it was full no huddle, Lynch would look to the sidelines for the call, then he'd use a keyword and/or hand signals to call the play. They'd do a dummy snap count then look to the sidelines again and coaches would either tell them the audible or to run the play. Once the ball was snapped (on a pass play) he'd have one DB or LB he'd read, that would dertimine which WR to get the ball to, if undecided he'd run.

No NFL offense is that basic. Calling the plays will be more detailed, he'll need to know when to audible on his own and he'll need to be able to read more than one defender.

It seems to me that the big issue with Paxton is his intelligence, not his work ethic. Trevor is a bright kid, Peyton was brilliant. QB play is mostly mental. I've heard nothing supporting Paxton in this department (of course, I am not involved with the organization, but usually you hear about the best traits of first round QBs frequently). In fact, except for arm strength, I've heard nothing that would signal to me that he is ready to challenge Trevor.

Quote Originally Posted by cmc0605 View Post
    It seems to me that the big issue with Paxton is his intelligence, not his work ethic. Trevor is a bright kid, Peyton was brilliant. QB play is mostly mental. I've heard nothing supporting Paxton in this department (of course, I am not involved with the organization, but usually you hear about the best traits of first round QBs frequently). In fact, except for arm strength, I've heard nothing that would signal to me that he is ready to challenge Trevor.
    It takes time to absorb what Paxton is being asked to command. It's like going from first grade Dick and Jane to translating Vergil's Aeneid ... in one year; not easy.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    It takes time to absorb what Paxton is being asked to command. It's like going from first grade Dick and Jane to translating Vergil's Aeneid ... in one year; not easy.
    Like learning how one axon works then being asked to learn all the spinal and cranial nerves
    Last edited by Bterres105; 03-19-2017 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bterres105 View Post
    Like learning how one axon works then being asked to learn all the spinal and cranial nerves
    Spoken like a prospective neurologist/neurological surgeon.

I know all the rules favor the passing game and qbs but I am pretty sure most people who have successfully developed a qb will still say more often than not it takes time.

People were wrong thinking he could do well for us last year and imo they are wrong in giving up on him right now.

With the OC and HC change it is possible his development steps back some....we need to be patient.
    "Preservation of our environment is not a liberal or conservative challenge, it's common sense" RONALD REAGAN

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    I know all the rules favor the passing game and qbs but I am pretty sure most people who have successfully developed a qb will still say more often than not it takes time.

People were wrong thinking he could do well for us last year and imo they are wrong in giving up on him right now.

With the OC and HC change it is possible his development steps back some....we need to be patient.
    Coaches usually are and Paxton has all new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    Sure, it is drawing conclusions and if it were only one coach I would understand but it's many. As fans we will never really know what going on and maybe he is doing everything he can but the multiple reports don't make me feel confident.
    But multiple coaches aren't saying what you're saying they're saying. Yes, I purposely said it like that. Lol. One of those coaches hasn't even had the chance to work with Paxton, so how would he know? They're just saying generic coach lines to motivate the athlete to work.

Quote Originally Posted by MHS View Post
    I would say a lot of people are willing to be patient with him but there are some Trevor fans that refuse to think Trevor is anything but the next time Brady

In reality the broncos have two young QBs and shouldn't be in a rush with either of them but rather let things play out. Either one will prove they are the future or both won't and broncos will reload at the position.
    If sieman is the next Kirk cousins I'd be happy

Quote Originally Posted by kingelway7 View Post
    IIRC, Lynch's coach at Memphis said Lynch was a great leader there.

Hmm, if we could only find a way to put Lynch's skill set and Tebow's leadership together into one QB...
    Tebow's leadership was a joke. NFL players, including teammates, did not respect that style. No one could relate to him and his teammates did not like the attention the media gave him on our miracle playoff run (thank you Matt Prater, Willis McGahee, and Marion Barber).

It worked in high school and college (to an extent), but it was, and is, a bad fit in professional sports.