Report: Rams to sign CB Kayvon Webster to two-year deal

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...two-year-deal/

Report: Rams to sign cornerback Kayvon Webster to two-year deal

Posted by Curtis Crabtree on March 13, 2017, 11:43 PM EDT

Getty Images
    The Los Angeles Rams are signing former Denver Broncos cornerback Kayvon Webster to a two-year deal according to Adam Schefter of ESPN.com.

Webster was in Los Angeles for a visit with the team on Monday and didn’t leave town without agreeing to a deal with the team.

Webster has appeared in 54 games with Denver over the past four seasons as predominantly a backup and special teams contributor. He started two games as a rookie in 2013 and recording 41 tackles and an interception in his most productive season with the team. His role has lessened in recent years while playing behind Aqib Talib and Chris Harris Jr.

With Trumaine Johnson the subject of trade talks after signing his franchise tag tender of $16.7 million, the Rams could be in need of help at cornerback. Webster gives them a veteran option that is already familiar with Wade Phillips’ defense.

Good luck Kayvon! Appreciated everything you did in Denver, hopefully this works out for you and you get more time on the defense in LA.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

Good luck to you Kayvon, I wish you success in LA. Thank you for all you gave this team
    If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.
    -Ronald Reagan

I believe Kayvon Webster was our pick at John Lynch's recommendation the year that Elway sent Lynch to scout DBs at the 2013 Combine. I'm surprised San Francisco didn't make a move for him.

Good for him. Put in work on special teams never complained about the log jam at CB. He gets the opportunity he was looking for. Interesting fact Lorenzo doss got more snaps at CB than Webster.

Quote Originally Posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    Good for him. Put in work on special teams never complained about the log jam at CB. He gets the opportunity he was looking for. Interesting fact Lorenzo doss got more snaps at CB than Webster.
    No doubt, he's more then earned the right to sign elsewhere and have a shot at starting. He's been a solid pro since entering the league, perhaps working under Wade for another team will help him flourish.

I wish him the best. The guy was a complete stud on punt coverage. He should do well with more opportunities.
    2016 Adopt-A-Bronco is Chris Harris, Jr.

All I remember about him is his rookie season where he got beat on almost every pass thrown his way. Not that he got beat by the receiver he was covering but because he never, ever turned to look for the ball which could have resulted in INTs and batted balls instead of receptions.

I can't say that I'd miss him cause that's all I remember and all I ever think of when I see him on the field.

Good Luck KW and thanks for all you did as a Bronco!

Will let me LA Ram fan friends know how good you are!
    "You need the highs and the lows," he says. "Because if it gets this way" -- he draws a flat line in the air -- "it kind of feels like you're not really doing anything." - John Elway

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsAway131 View Post
    I wish him the best. The guy was a complete stud on punt coverage. He should do well with more opportunities.
    One of the greatest plays in football is when a bullet on Punt Team downs the ball inside the +20. Kayvon has a knack for it. If he becomes a starting Corner, we'll see if they keep him on Punt Team.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Good for KW

Thanks for all the help KW

I wish him success he has earned his chance.

CHILDREN ARE THE RAINBOW OF LIFE
    GRANDCHILDREN ARE THE POT OF GOLD

Quote Originally Posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    I know Webster was hurt a fair amount last season but Doss when I saw him play was poor....

knew this was gonna happen why stay as a fourth cb when you can start on other teams

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

That's a bummer. I really feel like he's going to end up being a great starter, but that's what happens when you are this deep. Wish we could have kept him until Talib was gone, but it wasn't going to happen.