Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The return of #19

...in your programs and #1 in your hearts. I can see a scenario where the bears release Eddie Royal and we bring him back to play slot on 3rd downs and obvious passing situations, and also be a sure handed punt returner. Wouldn't cost much, and would be happy to return, I'm sure.

Hell yeah

All for it

I always liked him, personnel matters sometimes baffle me when solid players get shipped. Personality???

I remember when our RB looked at McDaniels wife funny or something...Gone!!!
    My adopted Bronco is Floyd "The Franchise" Little

Quote Originally Posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
    I always liked him, personnel matters sometimes baffle me when solid players get shipped. Personality???

I remember when our RB looked at McDaniels wife funny or something...Gone!!!
    Eddie left to SD in FA. He wasn't shipped anywhere. He went traitor and ditched us for a rival...

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Eddie left to SD in FA. He wasn't shipped anywhere. He went traitor and ditched us for a rival...
    If I remember correctly, he wasn't offered a contract. Peyton was expensive, and we couldn't afford to sign him to a deal. San Diego jumped in and outbid the Redskins, who were under salary cap penalty for overspending a nonexistent salary cap (odd), which is why he went there. I remember the Bears also being interested at the time, but also not having the cap room.

Anyway, players have limited opportunities to cash in and I don't take it personally when any player takes advantage of that opportunity. I am all about the Broncos, and I believe he can help us win games, which is all I care about.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Blew up in his face because had he stuck around he would have got to play with Peyton, and probably puts up some big numbers, and winds up with a nice payday like Decker, DT, and Julius all got.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Blew up in his face because had he stuck around he would have got to play with Peyton, and probably puts up some big numbers, and winds up with a nice payday like Decker, DT, and Julius all got.
    If you're not even offered a contract, how is that blowing up in his face?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Holman View Post
    ...in your programs and #1 in your hearts. I can see a scenario where the bears release Eddie Royal and we bring him back to play slot on 3rd downs and obvious passing situations, and also be a sure handed punt returner. Wouldn't cost much, and would be happy to return, I'm sure.
    Yeah I'd love to have him back mainly as our KR/PR along with some slotWR/3rdWR duties.

Unfortunately only Shanahan knew how to use him then he got fired and that ended Eddie's career in a sense.

(1) Because McError dog'd out all of Shanny's guys and seldom used him although he would've been perfect for McError's over-used bubble screens and

(2) Fox never really used him either when again he would've been perfect for McCoy's/Gase's (formerly McError's) over-used bubble screens
    Last edited by Mel B.; 03-14-2017 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    It's not blowing up in his face if he wasn't offered a contract. Did he want to stay in Denver and Elway said no! I remember him visiting with Washington and then eventually signing with SD. My understanding is Elway always tells his FA's go out see what the market is and comeback to us and if we can match it or better we wI'll, example David Bruton ( signed for less in Washington after Broncos tried to beat out Washington goons deal because he got a chance to start).
    But I agree with you if Denver had no interest not Eddie's fault at all, I would love to have him back.

Well if this isn't the most misleading title ever....

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    It's not blowing up in his face if he wasn't offered a contract. Did he want to stay in Denver and Elway said no! I remember him visiting with Washington and then eventually signing with SD. My understanding is Elway always tells his FA's go out see what the market is and comeback to us and if we can match it or better we wI'll, example David Bruton ( signed for less in Washington after Broncos tried to beat out Washington goons deal because he got a chance to start).
    But I agree with you if Denver had no interest not Eddie's fault at all, I would love to have him back.
    Elway was not GM when Royal left was he?

Quote Originally Posted by Starbroncs View Post
    Elway was not GM when Royal left was he?
    I believe that Royal left in 2012. That would have been Elway and Fox's 2nd year. I am not quite sure about GM though. I know Xanders was the GM for the 2011 season, but I believe that 2012mwas the year he left early and Elway took over. So not sure which one was the actual GM when Royal left.
    Last edited by FL BRONCO; 03-14-2017 at 06:54 PM.

CHILDREN ARE THE RAINBOW OF LIFE
    GRANDCHILDREN ARE THE POT OF GOLD

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    Elway wanted to keep Eddie, and Eddie wanted to stay. Problem was Manning watch took so long, Eddie couldn't afford to wait that long because he had teams with offers on the table that needed an answer.

He'd be an upgrade on Norwood so I'd be all for him coming back

If having two 30 year old wide receivers wasn't enough. Let's add another 30+ year old to the mix. Eventually we are gonna have to get production from young players and not sign veterans to take up cap space (relative to the rookie contracts of draft picks).