Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 122
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    33,713
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post
    Yeah everyone deserves a 2nd chance...I just hope like hell it's not with our team.

    And there's a major difference between a man shooting himself compared to a man punching a woman in the face, thus requiring 8 hours of surgery to repair her fractured jaw and cheek bone.
    She called him the n word, spit on him, and pushed him, i mean theres only so much a guy can take.

    And thats the only time you've heard anything bad with Mixon.
    Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #40

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    350
    By the sounds of it, it seems as if Mixon murdered a 5 year old child.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    631
    Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    She called him the n word, spit on him, and pushed him, i mean theres only so much a guy can take.

    And thats the only time you've heard anything bad with Mixon.
    He gets tackled, roughed up on the football field but he gets pushed by a girl and loses it? Weak sauce, brah.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,161
    Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    She called him the n word, spit on him, and pushed him, i mean theres only so much a guy can take.

    And thats the only time you've heard anything bad with Mixon.
    Actually we have. He had an incident with a parking lot attendant last year. Lost his composure and threw his ticket in the guys face and then did I've his car towards him.

    Whether fair or not, Might don is going to be confronted, called names and challenged on a regular basis. I don't like the risk he is not able to keep his cool every time.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,341
    I never bothered to look before but very interesting. 2016 from scrimmage

    McCaffrey
    290 plays 1913 yards 6.6 avg 16tds

    Mixon
    224 plays 1812 yards 8.1 avg 15tds

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    759
    Quote Originally Posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    I never bothered to look before but very interesting. 2016 from scrimmage

    McCaffrey
    290 plays 1913 yards 6.6 avg 16tds

    Mixon
    224 plays 1812 yards 8.1 avg 15tds
    That is awfully close. I'm not on the mixon train. But man does the media act like he murdered somebody. He was a kid for crying out loud.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Montoya View Post
    That is awfully close. I'm not on the mixon train. But man does the media act like he murdered somebody. He was a kid for crying out loud.
    Sorry but even at 18 I knew it was wrong to hit a woman ... Not to mention hit her so hard that it cracks her face... Not every mistake can be chalked up to being a "kid"

    People just make excuses for him because his talent... Justifying his actions because he is a top 20 talent.

    I want the broncos to have no part of Nixon and won't support him even if drafted by Broncos.

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    86
    Lots of people on our team have had, or still have "character concerns". Our coaching staff, imo, is one of the best at fixing them.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    17,962
    Quote Originally Posted by MHS View Post
    Sorry but even at 18 I knew it was wrong to hit a woman ... Not to mention hit her so hard that it cracks her face... Not every mistake can be chalked up to being a "kid"

    People just make excuses for him because his talent... Justifying his actions because he is a top 20 talent.

    I want the broncos to have no part of Nixon and won't support him even if drafted by Broncos.
    There are reports that the surgery to her face is untrue and she never went to a doctor.... no idea which story is true. Maybe he shouldn't have hit her but then she she shouldn't have hit him, spit on on him, and called him $%$#@ first.....

    He has been punished for his actions...now it is time to let it go.


    CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,161
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    There are reports that the surgery to her face is untrue and she never went to a doctor.... no idea which story is true. Maybe he shouldn't have hit her but then she she shouldn't have hit him, spit on on him, and called him $%$#@ first.....

    He has been punished for his actions...now it is time to let it go.
    Lettting it go may not b an option. As seen just on our own board not everyone is so forgiving. Mixon is going to have to deal with it continuously. Part of my reluctance for the Broncos to draft him.

    There will always be the protests of those that find his actions unforgivable. There will be constant media scrutiny. How often this season will references to or the actual video itself be discussed.

    How often when he goes out will someone say something to him? Potentiallly calling him names? How many "tough guys" or even "tough girls" will provoke or challenge him?

    Too much drama for my tastes. Also perhaps too much pressure for Mixon himself.

    Prefer they pass on Mixon for the very same reason I have seen used against McCafffrey. Too much talent available to focus in in Mixon.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,308
    Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    You are correct. Bigger faster stronger. Talented young man.

    Can you give McCaffrey the edge in quicker, route runner, receiver , elusive returner and intangibles?

    You are also much more tolerant of the baggage Mixon carries with him then most. He will be a focal point of protest and criticism. He will be a target at risk of confrontation every time he steps into the public. He will need to be incredibally patient and controlled to walk away every time. Can he?
    It may be unfair to expect so much restraint and maturity from Mixon. But that is his reality for his career.

    This aspect of taking Mixon has to be considered. Not all will be as forgiving as others. That brutal punch on video will be repeatedly shown and some will never allow him to move on from it.
    I agree. McCaffery and Mixon have the same grade but Mixon has off-the-field issues where McCaffery would be a positive PR as a plus.

    From NFL.com "Mixon's off-field issues have overshadowed his on-field accomplishments."

    I also agree that this draft has a lot of offensive talent. I wouldn't mind if Elway picks up McCaffery and in the 2nd, either move up to get a LT or trade for Joe Thomas.
    Denver Broncos 2015 - Win AFC West Division: , Win AFC Conference: , Beat SB 49 Champs (2X): , Win SB 50:

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Whitewood, Sk, Canada
    Posts
    366
    Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    You are correct. Bigger faster stronger. Talented young man.

    Can you give McCaffrey the edge in quicker, route runner, receiver , elusive returner and intangibles?

    You are also much more tolerant of the baggage Mixon carries with him then most. He will be a focal point of protest and criticism. He will be a target at risk of confrontation every time he steps into the public. He will need to be incredibally patient and controlled to walk away every time. Can he?
    It may be unfair to expect so much restraint and maturity from Mixon. But that is his reality for his career.

    This aspect of taking Mixon has to be considered. Not all will be as forgiving as others. That brutal punch on video will be repeatedly shown and some will never allow him to move on from it.
    You summed up my thoughts on mixon perfectly, great talent, but a huge target in public for the entirety of his career. I'll take McCaffrey for sure over him. Just don't want the risk involved with mixon.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    College Station, Texas, United States
    Posts
    5,997
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    I would rather draft him then reach for a player who does not belong at pick 19.

    Herd someone say he ran better routes at the combine than any of the WRs.

    The one problem I have with him is I do not have confidence in McCoy's ability to fully take advantage of his skillsets. I like McCoy...just not with this kind of player.

    Think in the right situation he will be a seriously productive offensive player.

    If the 49ers got him some how I think he would be a serious contender for ORotY because as we saw last year in Altanta Kyle knows how to fully take advantage of these kinds of skills.
    Both Danny Woodhead anad Melvin Gordon shined for McCoy. Skill set wise, I think McCaffrey shares traits similar to both.
    Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    hampshire,england
    Posts
    11,531
    Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Lettting it go may not b an option. As seen just on our own board not everyone is so forgiving. Mixon is going to have to deal with it continuously. Part of my reluctance for the Broncos to draft him.

    There will always be the protests of those that find his actions unforgivable. There will be constant media scrutiny. How often this season will references to or the actual video itself be discussed.

    How often when he goes out will someone say something to him? Potentiallly calling him names? How many "tough guys" or even "tough girls" will provoke or challenge him?

    Too much drama for my tastes. Also perhaps too much pressure for Mixon himself.

    Prefer they pass on Mixon for the very same reason I have seen used against McCafffrey. Too much talent available to focus in in Mixon.
    Your always going to get these liberal do-gooders who have never made a mistake before preaching on their high horse, but the Broncos need to make decisions based on putting the strongest football team together.

    Even if he was provoked Mixon should not have reacted that way and he made a mistake. From what I have learned he has not had any problems since and has shown remorse. He deserves another chance and for this to live in the past.

    I have no problem with him, he would be a great pick-up in the third but will he make it that far................
    Last edited by bronx_2003; 03-18-2017 at 04:14 PM.

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    27,436
    Christian McCaffrey's career rushing at Stanford was 6.2 ypa. He rushed for almost 4000 yards in three seasons. Can someone tell me how many of his rushing attempts were between the Tackles? How much of the time was Stanford in an I Formation? It seems he could be a problem if used well. He could be more of a matchup problem running routes from TB depth in an I Formation than he would be as an off WR IMO.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •