Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Denver targetting McCaffrey in Rd 1?

http://draftanalyst.com/monday-musings-march-13

Christian McCaffrey had one of the most complete combine workouts of 2017. His testing marks were some of the best from the running back class, and he was head and shoulders above everyone else during position drills. I still believe McCaffrey doesn’t have a true every-down position in the NFL; he will be moved between running back and slot receiver, line up on the flanks as a wideout and, of course, return kicks and punts. He’s a dream prospect for an innovative offensive mind.

Where does he end up in the draft? During the combine I consistently heard daily rumors that the Denver Broncos could take McCaffrey in Round 1 in large part due to the Elway/McCaffrey family relationship dating back to Stanford.

Cecil on 104.3 just said the raiders are falling over themselves for Christian. I would hate to play him twice a year.

I've cool on him with what has gone down in FA. I like him in the slot, but #20 is a little rich with the needs stir needing filled.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

I know he's a very versatile player. The question is can he play Left Tackle?

Quote Originally Posted by multimoussa View Post
    Cecil on 104.3 just said the raiders are falling over themselves for Christian. I would hate to play him twice a year.
    The thought of them getting a second McCaffrey two years in a row will make me want to vomit(Yes,I know Max isn't on the Raiders anymore...)
    2016 Adopted Bronco-TJ Ward

Quote Originally Posted by assassin216 View Post
    The thought of them getting a second McCaffrey two years in a row will make me want to vomit(Yes,I know Max isn't on the Raiders anymore...)

Speaking of max, where did he end up?
    Glen Haven Fire

Quote Originally Posted by armedequation View Post
    Speaking of max, where did he end up?
    Packers ...
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by qbronco View Post
    I know he's a very versatile player. The question is can he play Left Tackle?
    LM*O!!!

I would hate it if any other team in our division, or NE takes him so with that being said, if he's still there at # 20 I hope we take him and then spend the rest of the draft on O-line and a couple of run-stuffers, cause I know he'll be long gone by the time we pick in Round 2.
    Last edited by Mel B.; 03-14-2017 at 03:21 PM.

I think its a good question

if there isn't a OT that is a clear immediate starter at 20...and Mccaffery is there, do you take him if they feel he is going to make a bigger impact than a OT sitting on the bench

If we get Romo, I think it would be wise if we we Oline in the first two rounds. Not a sexy two picks but could be very impactful for our season and future. Get a guy like ramzck( spelled it wrong lol) and try to trade up in the second to get Forrest or someone else if possible.

Assuming we go after Dunlap in FA, we will have a very injury prone Oline. We will need quality backups

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    I think its a good question

if there isn't a OT that is a clear immediate starter at 20...and Mccaffery is there, do you take him if they feel he is going to make a bigger impact than a OT sitting on the bench
    I guess that depends on how good you think he is and what you believe he can become. Everyone knows I want to draft some Oline in this draft. But if I believed a player will be a game changer for us for us the next 10 yrs, I sure wouldn't draft Oline at 20 just out of need and give up the chance to draft a game changer for us. Course thats why you try to take care of needs in FA.

For the record, I want Christian.

CHILDREN ARE THE RAINBOW OF LIFE
    GRANDCHILDREN ARE THE POT OF GOLD

I wish we could some how get McCaffrey and a Cunningham,Davis,Reddick, or Foster. Trade back into the first round and get the other one. That would be nice.

McCaffrey really showed a "natural" ability to catch and run on his drills at the combine.
    Not that I have seen lots and lots of players do those drills but he really seemed to be very smooth, caught every ball with his hands and just looked like it was second nature to him. Turns up-field very quickly and has that "football IQ" ... I just wish we could wait until the 2nd round to take him but he won't last till then.

As far as him having an edge with the Broncos because of his dad ... I think its a wash; Elway will look for a reason not to draft him as much as there being a reason to draft him. Elway won't want to draft him because of the relationship but talent might prevail.

I would love to get McCaffrey, but if we don't, I won't mind to much as long as he doesn't go to the Raiders, Chiefs, Chargers, and especially not the Patriots.

I would rather draft him then reach for a player who does not belong at pick 19.

Herd someone say he ran better routes at the combine than any of the WRs.

The one problem I have with him is I do not have confidence in McCoy's ability to fully take advantage of his skillsets. I like McCoy...just not with this kind of player.

Think in the right situation he will be a seriously productive offensive player.

If the 49ers got him some how I think he would be a serious contender for ORotY because as we saw last year in Altanta Kyle knows how to fully take advantage of these kinds of skills.
    "It's all of us that need to tone it down" - Rep Chris Collins - R New York