Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Well Said...

Quote Originally Posted by NVthosebroncos View Post
    I would strongly disagree with this. I think this is one of the most talented drafts I've seen in the last 4-6 years
    Totally agree with you...

This draft is beyond impressive, especially on offense. Just take a look at the top three backs in this class, they were pretty much the best ever for their college programs. Then you have Mixon, and Kamara who are also solid prospects and would most likely start day one for most NFL teams. I'm sure I am even missing a few other first round talent names. Add Garret to the mix and the DL guy from Stanford-are you kidding me.

Why go after McCaffery at all when we can get Mixon in the 2nd and another first round talent at 20?

Quote Originally Posted by Orangecrush21 View Post
    Why go after McCaffery at all when we can get Mixon in the 2nd and another first round talent at 20?
    Different players, different strengths and weaknesses. And a gigantic difference in the PR perception of each.

I get the interest in Mixon. Agree he should get a second chance. Just do not want it to be with the Broncos. Especially for a 2nd. Anyone drafting him is risking a lot. One mistake (even of the parking lot attendant incident level) will bury this young man. Prefer the Broncos do not risk a high pick on any such player with a variety of flaws.

McCaffrey would be be an immediate impact player on the field. A likely leader on the team. And a PR dream come true for the Broncos.

I would prefer we finally get a 2nd rounder thats worth something. Since wolfe its been a void.

Denver would be straight stupid to take a RB in the 1st round of a class that is this deep. We should wait to the 3rd or 4th and pick up a better interior runner with Kareem Hunt or Jeremy McNicols. The only way I could see us drafting McCaffrey in the 1st is if every one of Denver's top ranked tackles, defensive line, LB's, and TE's are off the board because that's where the talent in the 1st round is, and that's where our needs are.
    A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Different players, different strengths and weaknesses. And a gigantic difference in the PR perception of each.

I get the interest in Mixon. Agree he should get a second chance. Just do not want it to be with the Broncos. Especially for a 2nd. Anyone drafting him is risking a lot. One mistake (even of the parking lot attendant incident level) will bury this young man. Prefer the Broncos do not risk a high pick on any such player with a variety of flaws.

McCaffrey would be be an immediate impact player on the field. A likely leader on the team. And a PR dream come true for the Broncos.
    Everything McCaffrey can do mixon does. Also he is bigger stronger and equally as fast.

Quote Originally Posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    Everything McCaffrey can do mixon does. Also he is bigger stronger and equally as fast.
    Mixon is literally bigger, faster, and stronger. Lol.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. Drafting strictly for need rarely works out. Imo Elway should have made a better effort to shore up the LT position. We should have kept Okung for 12 mill a year. Now we have nothing over there, maybe the 2nd most important position on offense. With that said I think you still go best player available at pick 20, and that will be McCaffrey. Add us a playmaker on offense in round 1, a playmaker on defense in round 2, then draft o-line/d-line the rest of the way and hope someone works out at LT.

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    I've said this before and I'll say it again. Drafting strictly for need rarely works out. Imo Elway should have made a better effort to shore up the LT position. We should have kept Okung for 12 mill a year. Now we have nothing over there, maybe the 2nd most important position on offense. With that said I think you still go best player available at pick 20, and that will be McCaffrey. Add us a playmaker on offense in round 1, a playmaker on defense in round 2, then draft o-line/d-line the rest of the way and hope someone works out at LT.
    so, you would rather draft a bigger version of Danny Woodhead in the 1st round in Christian McCaffrey over a LT that compares to Cordy Glenn in Cam Robinson? Elway has drafted for need with 4/6 of his top picks, so I see no need to invest a 1st in a RB that wont have a decent LT blocking for him.

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    Mixon is literally bigger, faster, and stronger. Lol.
    I would take Kareem Hunt over both everyday of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    You are correct. Bigger faster stronger. Talented young man.

Can you give McCaffrey the edge in quicker, route runner, receiver , elusive returner and intangibles?

You are also much more tolerant of the baggage Mixon carries with him then most. He will be a focal point of protest and criticism. He will be a target at risk of confrontation every time he steps into the public. He will need to be incredibally patient and controlled to walk away every time. Can he?
    It may be unfair to expect so much restraint and maturity from Mixon. But that is his reality for his career.

This aspect of taking Mixon has to be considered. Not all will be as forgiving as others. That brutal punch on video will be repeatedly shown and some will never allow him to move on from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangecrush21 View Post
    Mixon wont last that far.

I think hes a borderline 1st at this point. I'd even consider taking him at 20. Guy is gonna be a stud.
    Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #40

McCaffrey is great but it depends who is on board.

We could take a CB if one slips, could go T if one is there, could go edge rusher perhaps, maybe OJ if hes there, dont think any interior DL are worth a pick at 20.

If went RB, i'd rather get Mixon. Yeah i get what he did but everyone deserves a 2nd chance. I mean we kept Talib after he shot himself.
    Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #40

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post

We could take a CB if one slips, could go T if one is there, could go edge rusher perhaps, maybe OJ if hes there, dont think any interior DL are worth a pick at 20.

If went RB, i'd rather get Mixon. Yeah i get what he did but everyone deserves a 2nd chance. I mean we kept Talib after he shot himself.
    Big, big difference between Talib shooting himself and what Mixon did.

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post

Yeah everyone deserves a 2nd chance...I just hope like hell it's not with our team.

And there's a major difference between a man shooting himself compared to a man punching a woman in the face, thus requiring 8 hours of surgery to repair her fractured jaw and cheek bone.