Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    I would rather draft him then reach for a player who does not belong at pick 19.

Herd someone say he ran better routes at the combine than any of the WRs.

The one problem I have with him is I do not have confidence in McCoy's ability to fully take advantage of his skillsets. I like McCoy...just not with this kind of player.

Think in the right situation he will be a seriously productive offensive player.

If the 49ers got him some how I think he would be a serious contender for ORotY because as we saw last year in Altanta Kyle knows how to fully take advantage of these kinds of skills.
    I think McCoy did just fine with Danny Woodhead when healthy. I think McCaffery is more dangerous to Defenses though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    I would rather draft him then reach for a player who does not belong at pick 19.

Herd someone say he ran better routes at the combine than any of the WRs.

The one problem I have with him is I do not have confidence in McCoy's ability to fully take advantage of his skillsets. I like McCoy...just not with this kind of player.

Think in the right situation he will be a seriously productive offensive player.

If the 49ers got him some how I think he would be a serious contender for ORotY because as we saw last year in Altanta Kyle knows how to fully take advantage of these kinds of skills.
    The fact that McCoy was able to get Danny Woodhead his 2 most productive years shouldn't give you too much concern.
    2016 Adopt-A-Bronco is Chris Harris, Jr.

I think that would put the nail in the coffin in terms of this team trending downward especially if top players in areas of desperate need are still on the board which they will be. You can claim he would fill multiple needs all of which are at the bottom of the list. This team is still very suspect in the trenches which is where alot of games will be lost this year if we don't tighten up. As of right now if really feels like we made lateral moves and didn't improve in those areas probably even got weaker.

Quote Originally Posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    I think that would put the nail in the coffin in terms of this team trending downward especially if top players in areas of desperate need are still on the board which they will be. You can claim he would fill multiple needs all of which are at the bottom of the list. This team is still very suspect in the trenches which is where alot of games will be lost this year if we don't tighten up. As of right now if really feels like we made lateral moves and didn't improve in those areas probably even got weaker.
    I still propose we get Lamp or Robinson at 20. Then in the 2nd we go for the play making Alvin Kamara. 3rd we should look at someone like Dion Sawkins, Sidney Jones, Montravious Adams, or Tanoh Kpassaghon.

Quote Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    I still propose we get Lamp or Robinson at 20. Then in the 2nd we go for the play making Alvin Kamara. 3rd we should look at someone like Dion Sawkins, Sidney Jones, Montravious Adams, or Tanoh Kpassaghon.
    I like that pick

CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

Why the assumption that McCaffrey is even available at #20?

A couple of recent mocks have him picked by the Saints or Colts in the early teens..

Do not agree with the idea that McCoy would not use him effectively. McCaffrey would be a first down machine with the way he runs routes. I tend to believe that McCoy can figure it out. Same as I am hoping to see more bubble screens for DT and quick slants to Sanders. Having a threat from the RB position would go a long ways to helping the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by qbronco View Post
    I know he's a very versatile player. The question is can he play Left Tackle?
    No rookie LT is going to play left this season, so it doesn't matter if we go out and get a left tackle this year in RD 1 or not because he's not going to contribute at the immediate time.

Mccafferrey would be a dream pick because he does fill 3 positions of need at the immediate time.

Don't get me wrong I understand the need for a starting LT but a rookie is not going to contribute in his first year.

If the Browns don't end up trading their 12th pick for Jimmy G.. I see them taking him.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    I like that pick
    Not Dawkins, Jones, or Kpassaghon?

Quote Originally Posted by NVthosebroncos View Post
    If the Browns don't end up trading their 12th pick for Jimmy G.. I see them taking him.
    I think BB takes that pick trades back down and takes McCafferrey in the late teens somewhere before Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    No rookie LT is going to play left this season, so it doesn't matter if we go out and get a left tackle this year in RD 1 or not because he's not going to contribute at the immediate time.

Mccafferrey would be a dream pick because he does fill 3 positions of need at the immediate time.

Don't get me wrong I understand the need for a starting LT but a rookie is not going to contribute in his first year.
    First of all, I was making a joke about McC playing Left Tackle. Not sure why you were taking that seriously???

Second, how do you know none of the young men drafted will not be a first year starter at LT? Can you PM me tonight's Power Ball numbers, too?

Third, I understand the attachment to McC. It's okay to want your "dream pick" or draft crush. We all do. But you should realize there is a possibility he may not be available or even be the BPA when we make our selection. A few more players who will be drafted in later rounds can also fill the 3 positions of need that I believe you are referring to (Slot, PR/KR, 3rd down back).

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I think BB takes that pick trades back down and takes McCafferrey in the late teens somewhere before Denver.
    No way he trades down if he wants McCaffrey. He has to worry about the Colts, Eagles, and Ravens in this scenario. I actually hope he is gone before Denver picks. I want Lamp more than any project now. We need OL. If Lamp plays RG that's fine. If he plays LT that's fine to. We need OL help. I'll take an offensive playmaker maker in the 2nd. Guys like Kamara, Zay Jones, Dede Westbrook, and Curtis Samuel are going to make just the same impact as McCaffrey if you ask me.

Lamp would never be the day 1 starter at LT. I wish people could realize that position is the hardest position in football to transition from college to the NFL. Especially with someone like Lamp. He's talented but not once in 5 years talented. And he comes from a small school. I've seen this kid play live in person many times. He will be a good guard in the NFL but not a first year stand out and not a first year LT

Quote Originally Posted by NVthosebroncos View Post
    Lamp would never be the day 1 starter at LT. I wish people could realize that position is the hardest position in football to transition from college to the NFL. Especially with someone like Lamp. He's talented but not once in 5 years talented. And he comes from a small school. I've seen this kid play live in person many times. He will be a good guard in the NFL but not a first year stand out and not a first year LT
    there aren't many, if any, players like that in this years draft....

CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

Mccaffrey had measurables at the combine that were really similar to Adrian Peterson's, besides his bench press. The Raiders just signed Cordarrelle Patterson, so maybe they'll look elsewhere in the draft. If he's there, we should take him.