• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ELWAY421
    Football Immortal
    • Dec 2007

The Green Bay Packers

Is this organization doing enough to take advantage that they have one of the greatest QB's of all time? They never really spend in free agency & build through the draft, which is cool, but shouldn't they be in win now mode every year they have a Rodgers in his prime?

Year in & year out they lose key players, this year a couple of offensive lineman a pretty good TE, and yes they replaced Cook with Bennett which is a wash at best, but is the Green Bay organization dropping the ball with not doing enough to put more talent around Rodgers? Are they wasting Rodgers career? Wouldn't Elway be all in every year if he had Rodgers?
  • CanDB
    Football Immortal
    • Mar 2008

I am a Packers fan, and yes, they have wasted their opportunities to win another SB by going cheap every year in FA. Ted Thompson is far too conservative, and had he been a little more active over the years, I have little doubt that they have at least one more SB appearance.

Aaron Rodgers is one of the best QBs to have played the game. When he is in a groove, he is the best. If he had a better D over the years, and perhaps some O help, he might just have 3 rings by now.

Comment

• ELWAY421
      Football Immortal
      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
      I am a Packers fan, and yes, they have wasted their opportunities to win another SB by going cheap every year in FA. Ted Thompson is far too conservative, and had he been a little more active over the years, I have little doubt that they have at least one more SB appearance.

Aaron Rodgers is one of the best QBs to have played the game. When he is in a groove, he is the best. If he had a better D over the years, and perhaps some O help, he might just have 3 rings by now.
      That's what I thought. I'm glad you weighed in because I know you have more of a insider perspective than someone like me who doesn't follow Green Bay all that close. It's a shame, gotta think they may look back one day and say we should've done more to help #12. We had one of the greats and didnt do him justice!

Comment

• InsaneBlaze23
        The ArchAngel
        • Jan 2009

I'd say the biggest waste isn't on the offensive side of the ball. Packers biggest problem is Dom Capers.

Get rid of him the Defense will improve.

As for the current free agent movies. Packers are fine at wide out. Nelson and Adams on the outside, Cobb in the slot. Janis backing up.(Janis might be a hidden gem)

The only problem on Offense player wise, is we signed a tight end we didn't need. After getting Bennett, another tight end was signed. Already had Richard Rodgers, so what's the point of signing another tight end after signing Bennett?

It's gonna be another build through the draft off season.

I don't see any other problem with the current state other than signing an un needed tight end and keeping Dom Capers.
        sigpic
        Adopted Broncos:
        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• SoundsOfSuccess
          Starter
          • Nov 2010

Martellus Bennet was an excellent move

Comment

• FL BRONCO
            Traveling Mod
            • Mar 2010

IMO, no they are not. People would get on Rodgers if he said anything , but he should imo. The GM needs to go and they need to start using FA to strengthen their team and surround Rodgers with better talent. Every year they cheapen out. Rodgers asked for one thing this year and that was for Cook to return. He is not. The Pack didnt even make him an offer from what I read. I think Rodgers and McCarthy are making the Pack a lot better than they actually are talent wise. I don't understand why that GM still has a job. They are wasting Rodgers best years imo.
            My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• bears6385
              Bench Warmer
              • Jul 2007

Lack of D hurts the Pack every year as they lose more players than they can ever replace.

Comment

Working...
              X