Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

our new dlinemen sound awesome

there's a couple good vids on denverbroncos.com interviewing Peko and Kerr. They sound really excited to be here and like great guys. Im excited to see them on the field this year!

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...e-a3e0f177992c

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...0-13e650906d73

Kerr is going to be really good. He'll be everything Williams was supposed to be but wasn't.

Time will ultimately tell. I am hoping for the best. I think we need 6 good rotational D-linemen to get back to being dominant on Defense. I think getting these two at the price point the FO did was justifiable. Peko's leadership will be a bonus. Kerr showed flashes last year. I would like to see them both in action before making any judgements.

everybody has a montage reel. I'm sure even Stephenson and Sambrailo do. When you hear about how Bengals fans are celebrating how we took Peko off their hands its very hard to be optimistic. If I had to guess, Peko was a good ol boy signing since he has family here and knew VJ from his days coaching there. He does bring some leadership with Ware leaving so we'll see how he turns out.

Kerr is a good signing, however. He's young, big, trending upwards, and will likely need double teaming from other teams giving Ray or Wolfe or other linemen a better shot to the QB. I like this signing the most aside from Leary.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    everybody has a montage reel. I'm sure even Stephenson and Sambrailo do. When you hear about how Bengals fans are celebrating how we took Peko off their hands its very hard to be optimistic. If I had to guess, Peko was a good ol boy signing since he has family here and knew VJ from his days coaching there. He does bring some leadership with Ware leaving so we'll see how he turns out.

Kerr is a good signing, however. He's young, big, trending upwards, and will likely need double teaming from other teams giving Ray or Wolfe or other linemen a better shot to the QB. I like this signing the most aside from Leary.
    Peko is going to make Kerr better

I don't think we signed Peko to start 16 games and play every snap mate

he's here for other reasons. reasons bungles fans don't quite get

contrary to what they seem to believe, acquiring all the most talented headcases only works in madden

Quote Originally Posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post

contrary to what they seem to believe, acquiring all the most talented headcases only works in madden
    Right, he'd be here for depth, but as far as I know we only have Kyle Peko as the other NT...so unless we're planning to draft or sign another defensive tackle Domata Peko may be taking more snaps than you think. You have to take into consideration the negatives as well of this signing. He's been on the decline for 3 seasons now, and is turning 33. As a rotational depth player, that's fine, but right now as far as I can tell we have only one other NT and he's a rookie.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

I live in Cincinnati and I could screen shot 100s of people upset/angry/PO that Peko was let go of people I'm just friends with. no idea where this wide notion is coming from that bengal fans are happy.

Quote Originally Posted by NVthosebroncos View Post
    I live in Cincinnati and I could screen shot 100s of people upset/angry/PO that Peko was let go of people I'm just friends with. no idea where this wide notion is coming from that bengal fans are happy.
    Just go all over the reddit page. Statistically he has not performed well in the last two seasons. He has had trouble tackling as well as stuffing the run. If i'm not mistaken, he actually graded out lower than Sylvester Williams according to PFF. Ironically the two things we needed from Sly are exactly the
    things that Peko is declining in, so forgive me if I'm not hyping up this signing. So while he has been a strong character that I'm sure Bengals fans love, they're not losing sleep over losing his play when they have Andrew Billings as a ready replacement.

Just look up PFF's ranking of the defensive linemen, and the Bengals team rank.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro...s-this-season/
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post

What other reasons? You don't put 4 million into a player when you have limited cap space to just be "a leader". He better play, and well.

Adopted by: Andrewmlb
    Sig by: MHS

Quote Originally Posted by Brakshow View Post
    What other reasons? You don't put 4 million into a player when you have limited cap space to just be "a leader". He better play, and well.
    agreed....and now he won't have Geno Atkins next to him to help take attention away

CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    agreed....and now he won't have Geno Atkins next to him to help take attention away
    Exactly, just as Sly didn't have Malik this year to distract from his inefficiencies.

Adopted by: Andrewmlb
    Sig by: MHS

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    Nope, but he will have Wolfe aaawwoooo

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/spor...gals/89723042/

What they asked Peko to do in Cinci was unique. He was there specifically to allow the LBs to make plays. The Bengals put a very high grade and value on him throughout his career. PFF stats don't show his value, but that is what fans base all their opinion off of. He wouldn't have been extended twice if he wasn't doing something right. He wouldn't have been paid to come here if he wasn't doing something right.
    Last edited by Joshua2585; 03-15-2017 at 01:08 PM.
    Mark my words, Trevor Siemian will be much improved after this offseason and will remain the Broncos QB1 in 2017. - Dec '16

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post

What they asked Peko to do in Cinci was unique. He was there specifically to allow the LBs to make plays. The Bengals put a very high grade and value on him throughout his career. PFF stats don't show his value, but that is what fans base all their opinion off of. He wouldn't have been extended twice if he wasn't doing something right. He wouldn't have been paid to come here if he wasn't doing something right.
    He was a very good DT in the league at one point. That doesn't mean he still plays up to that level and Geno Atkins was The Man in Cincy, not Peko
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 03-15-2017 at 01:21 PM.

CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post

What they asked Peko to do in Cinci was unique. He was there specifically to allow the LBs to make plays. The Bengals put a very high grade and value on him throughout his career. PFF stats don't show his value, but that is what fans base all their opinion off of. He wouldn't have been extended twice if he was doing something right. He wouldn't have been paid to come here if he wasn't doing something right.
    By that reasoning, you can say that Sylvester was doing something right to get a contract from the Titans, or that Stephenson performed well because we re-signed him. Because there is a need is why this team is signing Peko, or anyone on the market.

I'll be happy to eat crow if he does contribute significantly, but statistically he just doesn't show it. If you don't follow PFF as a reliable source of stats, that's fine, but at the end of the day his stats are not good. He had less tackles stuffs last year than Sylvester and that's before he has to play with the likes of Davis and Crick. Even according to your article, he was graded at 110/129...how that is an upgrade to Sylvester in terms of production I'm not sure. If you want to argue that he brings leadership, that's something I can follow. But in terms of stuffing the run he is not an upgrade.
    Last edited by TheAsianPA; 03-15-2017 at 01:24 PM.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!