Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
    They're not losing sleep over losing their aging nose tackle because they suck and have bigger issues

Here's a question for ya- how large of a role do you think Peko played in Billings development
    I'm sure he played a big role, which is why he's not an altogether terrible signing. He has leadership qualities that I'm sure played a factor into his contract, because of how many characters we have on the defense. I'm sure he'll be a great mentor for Kyle, especially since Kyle is his cousin.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

What starter on our SB defense was worse than Sly Williams
    On our SB defense? none. Because Sly really does suck. But when there are players like Logan and Hankins available who are not only quality starters but younger and can fix the run defense, it makes me question a signing like Peko. Players like Logan and Hankins will immediately benefit the team provided they don't have a perplexing drop-off in talent, and can last longer because they're younger. Our problems this year were offensive and defensive tackles in run production and run stopping, and to remedy this situation, the FO brought in a mixture of backups and FA's that are not skilled in the areas of need or reliable producers. Maybe they become something on this team like Darian Stewart and Brandon Marshall, but it's hard to say that we're in a better position than before last season. Last time I checked, we still don't even have a left tackle.

Though I will say 8/year for Logan that the Chiefs paid may be out of our price range
    Last edited by TheAsianPA; 03-15-2017 at 12:51 PM.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

there's a couple good vids on denverbroncos.com interviewing Peko and Kerr. They sound really excited to be here and like great guys. Im excited to see them on the field this year!

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...e-a3e0f177992c

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...0-13e650906d73
    Should be excited, bet both may have been wondering if they would have a job this year.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

What starter on our SB defense was worse than Sly Williams
    we had Mailk Jackson then who helped make for the weakness of Sly. Now we have holes at both NT AND DE....that whole side of the Dline is weak, and has gotten worse each of the past 2 offseasons (including this one)

CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    On our SB defense? none. Because Sly really does suck. But when there are players like Logan and Hankins available who are not only quality starters but younger and can fix the run defense, it makes me question a signing like Peko. Players like Logan and Hankins will immediately benefit the team provided they don't have a perplexing drop-off in talent, and can last longer because they're younger. Our problems this year were offensive and defensive tackles in run production and run stopping, and to remedy this situation, the FO brought in a mixture of backups and FA's that are not skilled in the areas of need or reliable producers. Maybe they become something on this team like Darian Stewart and Brandon Marshall, but it's hard to say that we're in a better position than before last season. Last time I checked, we still don't even have a left tackle.

Though I will say 8/year for Logan that the Chiefs paid may be out of our price range
    I am starting to question the FA philosophy of the Broncos. They keep signing low end players or players who were once good but at the end of their careers. When do they do start signing at least one top player per season? 2014 was the only season they hit it hard in FA.

CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    everybody has a montage reel. I'm sure even Stephenson and Sambrailo do. When you hear about how Bengals fans are celebrating how we took Peko off their hands its very hard to be optimistic. If I had to guess, Peko was a good ol boy signing since he has family here and knew VJ from his days coaching there. He does bring some leadership with Ware leaving so we'll see how he turns out.

Kerr is a good signing, however. He's young, big, trending upwards, and will likely need double teaming from other teams giving Ray or Wolfe or other linemen a better shot to the QB. I like this signing the most aside from Leary.
    http://www.cincinnati.com/story/spor...gals/89723042/

What they asked Peko to do in Cinci was unique. He was there specifically to allow the LBs to make plays. The Bengals put a very high grade and value on him throughout his career. PFF stats don't show his value, but that is what fans base all their opinion off of. He wouldn't have been extended twice if he wasn't doing something right. He wouldn't have been paid to come here if he wasn't doing something right.
    Last edited by Joshua2585; 03-15-2017 at 01:08 PM.
    Mark my words, Trevor Siemian will be much improved after this offseason and will remain the Broncos QB1 in 2017. - Dec '16

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post

What they asked Peko to do in Cinci was unique. He was there specifically to allow the LBs to make plays. The Bengals put a very high grade and value on him throughout his career. PFF stats don't show his value, but that is what fans base all their opinion off of. He wouldn't have been extended twice if he wasn't doing something right. He wouldn't have been paid to come here if he wasn't doing something right.
    He was a very good DT in the league at one point. That doesn't mean he still plays up to that level and Geno Atkins was The Man in Cincy, not Peko
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 03-15-2017 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post

What they asked Peko to do in Cinci was unique. He was there specifically to allow the LBs to make plays. The Bengals put a very high grade and value on him throughout his career. PFF stats don't show his value, but that is what fans base all their opinion off of. He wouldn't have been extended twice if he was doing something right. He wouldn't have been paid to come here if he wasn't doing something right.
    By that reasoning, you can say that Sylvester was doing something right to get a contract from the Titans, or that Stephenson performed well because we re-signed him. Because there is a need is why this team is signing Peko, or anyone on the market.

I'll be happy to eat crow if he does contribute significantly, but statistically he just doesn't show it. If you don't follow PFF as a reliable source of stats, that's fine, but at the end of the day his stats are not good. He had less tackles stuffs last year than Sylvester and that's before he has to play with the likes of Davis and Crick. Even according to your article, he was graded at 110/129...how that is an upgrade to Sylvester in terms of production I'm not sure. If you want to argue that he brings leadership, that's something I can follow. But in terms of stuffing the run he is not an upgrade.
    Last edited by TheAsianPA; 03-15-2017 at 01:24 PM.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    I am starting to question the FA philosophy of the Broncos. They keep signing low end players or players who were once good but at the end of their careers. When do they do start signing at least one top player per season? 2014 was the only season they hit it hard in FA.
    It's starting to be a concern to me as well. I get the whole "In Elway We Trust" mantra, but when the FO seems content to wait for Romo while prospects to fix the O-line and D-line slip away, it becomes aggravating. The reason why we won Superbowl 50 is from signing high quality defensive players, not sifting through the bargain bin in hopes of turnaround play
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    Unfortunately, this is less about Peko and Kerr than it is about what we are doing in comparison to the New England Patriots. And from the perspective of the Patriots coming off a Super Bowl victory, and picking up a top CB and WR, an adequate contributor at DE, and now the re-signing of Hightower, I have to ask if we are keeping up. But, with that being said, Elway has said that we are not done. So, I'm hoping for a trade, or some Blockbuster in the Draft that will help this team beyond the "Bargain Bin" signings.
    Pretty simple minded thought process here. Patriots and Broncos have COMPLETELY different needs. Would Cooks honestly have a big impact on our team? We have a great duo in DT and Sanders, Wr isn't a huge concern. We also have probably the best secondary core in the NFL. Great pass too. Where were we bad last year? O-line and D-line. What we've done is grabbed two solid starting linemen who are definitely an upgrade to what we had. We also couldn't plug up the middle on defense so our run defense took a big drop off. So what did we do to address that? Grabbed two huge, physical bodies, one vet for awareness and leadership, and another younger player that brings fresh legs and versatility to the line.

Linemen are never sexy pickups, but we're addressing our needs. If we can come into next season with just a slightly above average Oline from last, we'll be 10x better off. Plus we still have the draft and who knows, maybe we'll draft well, maybe we'll make a huge move.

I like what we're doing. Id sure love a Joe Thomas but I just want some solid players and that's what we've brought in. I don't see the relevance in mentioning the patriots. We have skill players, what we don't have is a good Oline or interior defensive linemen. Now maybe we do.

Quote Originally Posted by ThundersCome View Post
    Pretty simple minded thought process here. Patriots and Broncos have COMPLETELY different needs. Would Cooks honestly have a big impact on our team? We have a great duo in DT and Sanders, Wr isn't a huge concern. We also have probably the best secondary core in the NFL. Great pass too. Where were we bad last year? O-line and D-line. What we've done is grabbed two solid starting linemen who are definitely an upgrade to what we had. We also couldn't plug up the middle on defense so our run defense took a big drop off. So what did we do to address that? Grabbed two huge, physical bodies, one vet for awareness and leadership, and another younger player that brings fresh legs and versatility to the line.

Linemen are never sexy pickups, but we're addressing our needs. If we can come into next season with just a slightly above average Oline from last, we'll be 10x better off. Plus we still have the draft and who knows, maybe we'll draft well, maybe we'll make a huge move.

I like what we're doing. Id sure love a Joe Thomas but I just want some solid players and that's what we've brought in. I don't see the relevance in mentioning the patriots. We have skill players, what we don't have is a good Oline or interior defensive linemen. Now maybe we do.
    Im not sure about that, we have thomas and sanders who are great but outside of that our offense doesnt have much. Poor O-line, at rb we have cj who can be above average and booker who struggled. Not much at TE and while I like sunshine we dont have much at the WR position outside of our top two. QB is confusing as we have a...somewhat injury prone first year starter who was okay at times and a rookie who looked kinda lost.

If our coaches are confident that the the talent on the offensive line is not too terrible and we can at least get up to about average it might not be a bad idea to draft someone electric in the first to give the offense a spark. Its just been so dull the last two years, and maybe our new coaches can get more out of these players than previous coaching staff did.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbroncs View Post
    Im not sure about that, we have thomas and sanders who are great but outside of that our offense doesnt have much. Poor O-line, at rb we have cj who can be above average and booker who struggled. Not much at TE and while I like sunshine we dont have much at the WR position outside of our top two. QB is confusing as we have a...somewhat injury prone first year starter who was okay at times and a rookie who looked kinda lost.

If our coaches are confident that the the talent on the offensive line is not too terrible and we can at least get up to about average it might not be a bad idea to draft someone electric in the first to give the offense a spark. Its just been so dull the last two years, and maybe our new coaches can get more out of these players than previous coaching staff did.
    Imo, it all starts in the trenches. But yes, sure, we could definitely use a 3rd WR, some depth at RB(Booker is terrible) and a TE too, but you add all those it won't matter with our terrible Oline. I'll take a good oline with what we have on offense now way before I'd take more skill players with last year's offensive line.

I do expect a big move in the draft, probably for an RB. I wasn't saying we don't need any skill players, but we're not starved either. That goes for both sides of the ball. Our woes last year, imo, mostly stemmed from poor play by our lines, not a lack of skill players.

Peko is going to make Kerr better

I don't think we signed Peko to start 16 games and play every snap mate

he's here for other reasons. reasons bungles fans don't quite get

contrary to what they seem to believe, acquiring all the most talented headcases only works in madden
    What other reasons? You don't put 4 million into a player when you have limited cap space to just be "a leader". He better play, and well.

Adopted by: Andrewmlb
    Sig by: MHS

Quote Originally Posted by Brakshow View Post
    What other reasons? You don't put 4 million into a player when you have limited cap space to just be "a leader". He better play, and well.
    agreed....and now he won't have Geno Atkins next to him to help take attention away

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    agreed....and now he won't have Geno Atkins next to him to help take attention away
    Exactly, just as Sly didn't have Malik this year to distract from his inefficiencies.

Adopted by: Andrewmlb
    Sig by: MHS