Thread: Laugh Tracks

Laugh Tracks

I wonder if people even notice laugh tracks when watching their favourite comedies. It just seems so weird that shows need fake laughter to make the show funny. Hey, if it's funny, we'll laugh.

This is not the case with all shows, but most. It seems almost insulting that laugh tracks are so vital to tv shows. Not sure I've ever heard one at a movie???

Live audiences are much more sensible, in terms of the response that one hopes to get. Sure, they may be drunk, or have signs forcing the issue a little, but they are real, and there is no pattern to the sound. Lately I was watching a good show, but once I got hooked into the laugh track, it seemed strange to me. Person says something followed by a loud response of laughter. Over and over. Similar voices. I mean, "is this show that funny?" In fact, if left on my own, I would have laughed a couple of times, smiled a number of times, and generally felt like it was decent show. But it was not hilarious, especially not worthy of a loud laugh about every 20 seconds or so.

Hey.....it; been around and working for many decades, so whom I am to question. Just seems strange that we keep using the tracks, even though shows are funny without them.

I see....this might have been funnier with a laugh track.