Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    This all depends on what we are giving up in return...
    For their starting LT? Probably a high pick, a starter on our team and Sanders first born child. Sarcasm...but something we'll miss.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    For their starting LT? Probably a high pick, a starter on our team and Sanders first born child. Sarcasm...but something we'll miss.
    Right and while in theory that may not be a bad thing we do need to keep in mind that he has missed time for multiple years now with an injury. So we'd need to factor that all into our decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    No it could still happen, all they would have to do is handle the Demarius Thomas restructure. Taking care of all that upfront, giving the Broncos a little bit more spending money to work out a deal for both players.
    They could take on Peters by trading a Brandon Marshall that was rumoured earlier this week. That would free up another $6million in cap space, which could get you both Peters and Romo.
    How did I get so lucky at 8 years old to pick the Broncos as my favourite NFL team and 35 years later have them be the most successful winning franchise since I picked them

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    You touting our starting Tackles in the SB IMO is not a great thing. It is no secret that our defense won that SB. When you just engulf an offense which has been firing on all cylinders and scoring major points and stop them dead in their tracks it is a real confidence killer. Our early leads, much like the Sea superbowl loss, allowed us to play a more aggressive game and do things we otherwise would not have been able to do.

Now to the other posts here. I cannot understand why people are not concerned about how we have drafted on our offensive line. The tackle position to be more specific. Our offense statistically has ranked near the bottom of the league for a couple of years now. I also think that some of our issues have not necessarily been who we HAVE taken but who we didn't take. For example who did we have on our roster coming into this season who could start at LT? - no one. Who did we bring in so far? - a lower tier wave 1-2 guy. I hope he works out I really do but he is not a proven talent in the NFL yet. When Elway saw Tebow play and struggle in the play-offs against NE he pushed and pushed hard to bring PM here to replace him. When our CB's were struggling in coverage against physical receivers Elway went out and targeted Talib. I think ultimately many fans are wondering why our OT's in particular are not being treated with the same value and urgency.

One other tie in to the paragraph I have above. Elway has also shown a great blue-print to back-fill talent with his drafting and approach with the Db's. I also think that we have nailed our general approach to the RB's and not going crazy drafting them until we have protection. Now with a general culture and blueprint of churning talent and back-filling position groups I think as fans we see the two groups that were missed - nearly completely were OT and our Interior D-Lineman. Yet despite not taking the same approach in bringing guys in at these spots we continued to let some guys on our team walk.
    We won the Superbowl, that is always a good thing.
    And the fact we did it with second and third string guys goes show how being in panic mode in March is a waste of energy.
    And yes we won with defense, and that's why Elway has continued to invest in that side of the ball, and not overpay for offensive lineman.
    But all this " Elway has done nothing to try and fix the line" is not true.
    This is what Elway has attempted to do and like he said, it's not June yet.
    FREE AGENT
    Tackles - Russell Okung, Donald Stephenson, Tyler Polumbus, Ryan Harris, Menelik Watson's
    Guards - Louis Vasquez, Evan Mathis, Ronald Leary
    Center - Will Montgomery, James Ferentz

DRAFT
    Tackle - Tyson Sambrailo, Micheal Schofield, Orlando Franklin
    Guards - Max Garcia, Connor McGovern
    Center - Matt Paradis

I like everyone on this forum, want our line to play better, and we have brought in some free agents, coaches, and hopefully a couple rookies to do just that.
    The Patriots oline didn't go out and make a bunch of moves this last offseason and they won a Super mainly thanks to their coaching, so I will put my hopes in our coaches put the best 5 out there.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    We won the Superbowl, that is always a good thing.
    And the fact we did it with second and third string guys goes show how being in panic mode in March is a waste of energy.
    And yes we won with defense, and that's why Elway has continued to invest in that side of the ball, and not overpay for offensive lineman.
    But all this " Elway has done nothing to try and fix the line" is not true.
    This is what Elway has attempted to do and like he said, it's not June yet.
    FREE AGENT
    Tackles - Russell Okung, Donald Stephenson, Tyler Polumbus, Ryan Harris, Menelik Watson's
    Guards - Louis Vasquez, Evan Mathis, Ronald Leary
    Center - Will Montgomery, James Ferentz

DRAFT
    Tackle - Tyson Sambrailo, Micheal Schofield, Orlando Franklin
    Guards - Max Garcia, Connor McGovern
    Center - Matt Paradis

I like everyone on this forum, want our line to play better, and we have brought in some free agents, coaches, and hopefully a couple rookies to do just that.
    The Patriots oline didn't go out and make a bunch of moves this last offseason and they won a Super mainly thanks to their coaching, so I will put my hopes in our coaches put the best 5 out there.
    Not one of them is a top tier player. You can't keep bringing in mediocre players and switching them out every year and expect to be any good.

Elway wanted to address the QB position...he brought in Manning.
    He wanted to address the defense so he brought in Miller, Talib, Ward, Ware

That is bringing in top talent to fix an area of need. Bringing in has beens and never was players is NOT giving much effort to fix an area of need in the Oline.
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 03-16-2017 at 02:40 PM.

CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    Not one of them is a top tier player. You can't keep bringing in mediocre players and switching them out every year and expect to be any good.

That is bringing in top talent to fix an area of need. Bringing in has beens and never was players is NOT giving much effort to fix an area of need in the Oline.
    Ok explain who you would have brought in?

Miller? You mean the #2 overall pick? Yeah he hasn't had many chances at bringing in those types of players since the teams he's built win more than 8 games every year. The fact hes not spending big money on Olineman is why he has been able to pay guys like Manning, Ware, Ward, Talib, and keep guys like Miller, Wolfe, Harris, Sanders, DT, and Stewart.

Everyone has opinions on what Elway has done or not done to bring in O line talent. Maybe it's coaching. Maybe we need to find someone with a scheme or the ability to get the most out of what we have and develop the young guys we've drafted/will draft. Maybe Musgrave can make it work.

Ok explain who you would have brought in?
    Last year I would have drafted jason Spriggs in the 1st and Graham Glasgow later
    The previous year, I would have taken Ali marpet over Ty Sambrailo in the draft and signed Rodney Hudson in FA
    This year Ricky Wagner would have been the top priority.

How's that for starters? And for the record...I am not "panicking"...just want some more effort into getting better players on the line.

As you said...not paying for linemen has let him pay guys like Harris, Ward, DT, Sanders etc...but that just shows what i posted earlier in another thread....all of the $ and talent is far away from the ball with a very weak center of the team...Oline, ILB and Dline. That is not a sustainable way to build a team.
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 03-16-2017 at 03:12 PM.

CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

Last year I would have drafted jason Spriggs in the 1st and Graham Glasgow later
    The previous year, I would have taken Ali marpet over Ty Sambrailo in the draft and signed Rodney Hudson in FA
    This year Ricky Wagner would have been the top priority.

How's that for starters? And for the record...I am not "panicking"...just want some more effort into getting better players on the line.

As you said...not paying for linemen has let him pay guys like Harris, Ward, DT, Sanders etc...but that just shows what i posted earlier in another thread....all of the $ and talent is far away from the ball with a very weak center of the team...Oline, ILB and Dline. That is not a sustainable way to build a team.
    If you signed Hudson and Wagner who both average between $8 and $9 million a year, who would you not have signed or cut? Paradis has been a lot cheaper option than Hudson which has allowed Elway to spend on other players.
    How many games has Spriggs started? How would you take Spriggs and Glasgow, would you take Spriggs in the first and not Lynch ? Because he went 48th we took Gotsis at #63 overall and Glaskow went #95overall just before our 3rd rd pick.

I see Glaskow has started 11 games for a high powered offense in Detroit, he was taken 95th overall you would have taken him with our 2nd rd pick?
    You don't think Joe Thuney is a better player?He went #78 overall

If you signed Hudson and Wagner who both average between $8 and $9 million a year, who would you not have signed or cut? Paradis has been a lot cheaper option than Hudson which has allowed Elway to spend on other players.
    How many games has Spriggs started? How would you take Spriggs and Glasgow, would you take Spriggs in the first and not Lynch ? Because he went 48th we took Gotsis at #63 overall and Glaskow went #95overall just before our 3rd rd pick.

I see Glaskow has started 11 games for a high powered offense in Detroit, he was taken 95th overall you would have taken him with our 2nd rd pick?
    You don't think Joe Thuney is a better player?He went #78 overall
    Spriggs started 2 games this past year. They sign him in case Bakhtiari was not re-signed but he was. He played LT, LG, and TE this season for the Packers and the word is he will be their starting LG now that TJ lang is gone. He played well last season in his limited reps. Yes, I absolutely would have taken Spriggs in the first and not Lynch. My mock for last year was Spriggs in the first and Dak prescott in the 3rd or 4th.

Glasgow was just a guy I liked in the draft and was on my short list I didn't have Thuney on my short list.

How this would be paid...unsure because with different players signed it would change the nature and makeup of the team. ...you asked me who I would have brought in...that's who I. Some guys I wouldn't have had to sign? Okung, Stephenson, Watson, Leary...who might I have let walk?...DT
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 03-16-2017 at 04:02 PM.

The Patriots have stolen all our limelight with their free agency signings and trades. They have had an A+ off-season so far and we'll be hard pressed to keep up with them in 2017 when you compare their roster to ours.

I'm disappointed with our free agency period so far. Romo might make up for part of it but there are other teams that have really improved their roster compared to ours.

I think we should trade Siemian to the Browns for Joe Thomas.
    [URL]www.nrlhub.com[/URL] NRL HUB

The Browns just spent a lot of money on their o line.. they are not trading Joe Thomas. Joe Thomas doesn't want to be traded. Hue Jackson has said he counts on Thomas more than anyone... so let's say this together since it's predicted we trade for Joe Thomas daily.,.

Joe Thomas will retire a brown and will not be traded.

Quote Originally Posted by NVthosebroncos View Post
    The Browns just spent a lot of money on their o line.. they are not trading Joe Thomas. Joe Thomas doesn't want to be traded. Hue Jackson has said he counts on Thomas more than anyone... so let's say this together since it's predicted we trade for Joe Thomas daily.,.

Joe Thomas will retire a brown and will not be traded.

Don't understand,why people are still asking about Joe Thomas,it's been said many times that the Browns isn't trading for him...
    2016 Adopted Bronco-TJ Ward

The Broncos are in decline. The only team in the division without a resolved situation at QB. The only team in the division without a LT. Low quality free agency two years in a row. If you want to take a step back in free agency, you have to do well in the draft, develop and retain players. Elway has not been drafting well in recent years and he keeps very few of his own players. The 2013 class is completely gone 4 years later.

The offensive line remains in serious trouble. Besides LT, the RT has been an issue since Orlando Franklin left the position. The defensive line lost its dominance without Malik Jackson and now Derek Wolfe is the only impact player there. NT and the other DE spot don't have viable options. Danny Trevathan was replaced by Todd Davis, with the money being used to sign Donald Stephenson. Things are not looking good. Just face it, it's going to be a rough season.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607