Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 107
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Huntsville, Texas
    Posts
    10,542





    My reaction to our FA.

    J/K LOL



    CHILDREN ARE THE RAINBOW OF LIFE
    GRANDCHILDREN ARE THE POT OF GOLD

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    7,231
    Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    Yeah. That's pretty much what I just Posted. Sambrailo wasn't a "top 40 pick", and he wasn't taken in the top 40 by the Broncos. Sambrailo lacked strength and was going to be something of a "project". And with the shoulder surgery and the elbow injury, he wasn't able to address those issues until recently. Nobody is going to mistake Ty Sambrailo with Joe Thomas.

    The Broncos were very aware of Sambrailo's Senior Bowl experience, some of which was relative to moving Sambrailo to Right Tackle, a position Sambrailo hadn't played in over two years previously. This was Posted, on the Broncos web site at the time, and indicates that the Broncos were aware of his situation.

    http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...e-08dc0e2bf299

    My only point is that Sambrailo has been injured since the 3rd game of his rookie season when he was our Left Tackle starter, and we need to let it play out. But yeah, at this point Sambrailo is nothing more than a "Prospect".

    I agree I don't think Sambrailo should be considered a bust until he is able to have a healthy offseason where he can do strength training, and get training camp and preseason reps.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    286
    Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post





    My reaction to our FA.

    J/K LOL
    I expected that to be much cuter but wow lol what a whiney little brat.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,364
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    I am not hating on Elway but I do question his philosophy of FA and maybe even the way he builds the team.

    .
    lol Tell that to the 2 superbowls he help get us too in the last 4 years after taking over a team with the second over all pick..|


    Last edited by Beagle; 03-18-2017 at 07:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    7,231
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    lol Tell that to the 2 superbowls he help get us too in the last 4 years after taking over a team with the second over all pick..|


    What Elway has done in the last 6 years is impressive, I'd ask all the fans who arent satisfied with Elway namr a team besides New England (who have HOF Coach & Qb), what team has done better than Denver in the last 6 years? ...Seattle? That's 2 teams meanwhile 29 other teams fan bases are unsatisfied and wIsh they had the success our team and fan base have had.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    17,924
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    lol Tell that to the 2 superbowls he help get us too in the last 4 years after taking over a team with the second over all pick..|


    Peyton Manning is no longer on the team.....They will be lucky to finish 2nd in the division next season.... lets see how long it takes to build the team back into a winner who is competitive in the post season again without quality lines...

    Von Miller and Derek Wolfe are also the only players from the Oline and and front 7 on D still on the team from the Seattle SB. 7 of the 12 are gone from 2015 SB.....

    we went from Clady/Clark, beadles, Ramirez, Vasquez, Franklin to ?, Leary, Paradis (if healthy), Garcia/Schofeild, Watson/Stephenson on the Oline.
    We went from Sly and Malik, to Peko and ? and then at ILB we went from Trevathan to Todd Davis and at OLb we are losing Ware for Ray and/or Barrett (that one might be ok)...we went from 3rd in the league in 2015 for rush defense to 28th last season. The only teams worse were Buffalo, SF, Browns, and Miami.

    maybe you don't see losing those guys in the middle of the team as an issue...I do....not including the fact we traded manning for Siemian/Lynch
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 03-18-2017 at 08:21 PM.


    CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    7,231
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    Peyton Manning is no longer on the team.....They will be lucky to finish 2nd in the division next season.... lets see how long it takes to build the team back into a winner who is competitive in the post season again without quality lines...

    Von Miller and Derek Wolfe are also the only players from the Oline and and front 7 on D still on the team from the Seattle SB. 7 of the 12 are gone from 2015 SB.....

    we went from Clady/Clark, beadles, Ramirez, Vasquez, Franklin to ?, Leary, Paradis (if healthy), Garcia/Schofeild, Watson/Stephenson on the Oline.
    We went from Sly and Malik, to Peko and ? and then at ILB we went from Trevathan to Todd Davis and at OLb we are losing Ware for Ray and/or Barrett (that one might be ok)...we went from 3rd in the league in 2015 for rush defense to 28th last season. The only teams worse were Buffalo, SF, Browns, and Miami.

    maybe you don't see losing those guys in the middle of the team as an issue...I do....not including the fact we traded manning for Siemian/Lynch
    Your right Elway should have just paid all of them......oh wait that whole salary cap thing gets in the way.
    He did resign: Von, Wolfe, Marshall, Stewart, Harris, DT, Sanders, and CJ.
    Oh yeah Manning is gone and the team Elway built won 8 games with the teams third string qb from the year before and one game with a rookie.
    Last edited by 58Miller; 03-18-2017 at 09:13 PM.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,364
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    Peyton Manning is no longer on the team.....They will be lucky to finish 2nd in the division next season.... lets see how long it takes to build the team back into a winner who is competitive in the post season again without quality lines...

    Von Miller and Derek Wolfe are also the only players from the Oline and and front 7 on D still on the team from the Seattle SB. 7 of the 12 are gone from 2015 SB.....

    we went from Clady/Clark, beadles, Ramirez, Vasquez, Franklin to ?, Leary, Paradis (if healthy), Garcia/Schofeild, Watson/Stephenson on the Oline.
    We went from Sly and Malik, to Peko and ? and then at ILB we went from Trevathan to Todd Davis and at OLb we are losing Ware for Ray and/or Barrett (that one might be ok)...we went from 3rd in the league in 2015 for rush defense to 28th last season. The only teams worse were Buffalo, SF, Browns, and Miami.

    maybe you don't see losing those guys in the middle of the team as an issue...I do....not including the fact we traded manning for Siemian/Lynch
    once again





    Go play Madden and build your dream team . Leave the real broncos to Elway kthx
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    17,924
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Your right Elway should have just paid all of them......oh wait that whole salary cap thing gets in the way.
    He did resign: Von, Wolfe, Marshall, Stewart, Harris, DT, Sanders, and CJ.
    Oh yeah Manning is gone and the team Elway built won 8 games with the teams third string qb from the year before and one game with a rookie.
    I didn't say he should have paid them all but there are some things that could have been to try and rebuild the lines better. You lose your entire starting Oline...and I mean all of them...and you don't even bring in one top player to try and rebuild it knowing you have a young QB coming in? Not 1?

    The Dline, I can understand because they were hoping for more from Sly and they drafted Gotsis trying replace Malik.


    Atlanta had a top offense but couldn't get over the hump so what did they do?..signed mack and Levitre in FA...SB!!
    Dallas built their team from the middle out...they bring in a rookie QB and now they are one of the best teams in the league.

    Until Denver fixes the Oline problem, they will never be a contender unless you have some Elite QB waiting to come in....
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 03-19-2017 at 07:23 AM.


    CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    17,924
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    once again





    Go play Madden and build your dream team . Leave the real broncos to Elway kthx
    again, I guess you just don't value the lines in football...Do you really think they team has a shot this upcoming season with the Oline they have?
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 03-19-2017 at 07:24 AM.


    CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    OKC
    Posts
    2,246
    Quote Originally Posted by NVthosebroncos View Post
    Is outrageous. We all love our Broncos and we are all very pationate about the team we love but the hate/name calling lack of trust in the FO is very concerning. Look at the run we have had in 6 years.. we lost one of the best QBs ever to play the game.. his leadership was something we can never measure and we still didn't have a losing season. We cannot sign every free agent available this isn't madden. Why all of the Elway hate of late? He has shown he finds the weakness of our team and fixes it as fast as he can.

    GO BRONCOS!!!
    100% Correct sir. Couldn't agree more!

    It really seems like the 5 Division titles, 2 AFC Championships, 1 , the BEST Offensive season in NFL History, The BEST QB season performance in NFL history, one of the BEST Defensive performances in NFL history, means nothing to these Anti Elway bashers!! All because of one 9 win season! SMDH!

    Here is a thought! We could always get rid of Elway, and go back to the way it was before he got here, the absolute laughing stocks of the NFL!
    oh YEAH?

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    3,412
    Quote Originally Posted by Axemaster View Post
    100% Correct sir. Couldn't agree more!

    It really seems like the 5 Division titles, 2 AFC Championships, 1 , the BEST Offensive season in NFL History, The BEST QB season performance in NFL history, one of the BEST Defensive performances in NFL history, means nothing to these Anti Elway bashers!! All because of one 9 win season! SMDH!

    Here is a thought! We could always get rid of Elway, and go back to the way it was before he got here, the absolute laughing stocks of the NFL!
    No one is saying get rid of Elway or that we don't appreciate any of the things he's done. We all love being competitive. However, this off season the moves made were not competitive. Essentially you're saying that it was a good move to not even have a starting LT with a poor draft and thin FA market. The choices to fill that hole have become something along the lines of drafting a rookie, signing Dunlap or Clady, or trading the farm for someone's LT. Those are all terrible choices for this season.

    Elway says we're comfortable with our rookie QB's, but we're still sitting on $11-14 million in cap space...for...what? If someone says "For Romo," does that strike you as a wise choice while we have no starting left tackle? The team is in a position where if no LT is found this offseason it will be excessively obvious what we will be drafting and that can be used against us.
    Last edited by TheAsianPA; 03-19-2017 at 10:12 AM.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    17,924
    Quote Originally Posted by Axemaster View Post
    100% Correct sir. Couldn't agree more!

    It really seems like the 5 Division titles, 2 AFC Championships, 1 , the BEST Offensive season in NFL History, The BEST QB season performance in NFL history, one of the BEST Defensive performances in NFL history, means nothing to these Anti Elway bashers!! All because of one 9 win season! SMDH!

    Here is a thought! We could always get rid of Elway, and go back to the way it was before he got here, the absolute laughing stocks of the NFL!
    They were a .500 team before Manning and now they are back to a .500 team without him and will be lucky to finish at .500 next season. The defense still has some good pieces but the dominance you speak of was a 1 year occurrence...28th in the league for rush defense last season...mainly because of a weak interior Dline, ILBs and lack of a decent offense


    In all my years of playing, coaching, and watching FB...I have never seen a successful team that fails to address weakness on the lines. I doubt it starts this year....


    CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,364
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    again, I guess you just don't value the lines in football...Do you really think they team has a shot this upcoming season with the Oline they have?
    You cry about all the guys we have "lost" on our line but fail to say Elways Drafted/signed/resigned most of them to begin with.We didn't "lose"(your word) most of them but cut/released/traded them. Almost all of them were on the wrong side of 30/injury prone and playing the worst football of their lives.How many of those guys are still in the league or even on a team?

    Yes I believe that we have a shot with the line Elway/The coaches will put on on the field.

    You have a really high opinion of your GM skills maybe you should put in an application with the Browns.
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,364
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    They were a .500 team before Manning and now they are back to a .500 team without him and will be lucky to finish at .500 next season. The defense still has some good pieces but the dominance you speak of was a 1 year occurrence...28th in the league for rush defense last season...mainly because of a weak interior Dline, ILBs and lack of a decent offense


    In all my years of playing, coaching, and watching FB...I have never seen a successful team that fails to address weakness on the lines.
    I doubt it starts this year....
    \\
    Then you never coached at all or were bad at it. Maybe you didn't watch the teams Manning played on in Denver including the one we won the superbowl with!.


    Bad Olines can be masked in the Pros and college/Highschool with a quick hit passing game while running well designed draws and screen passes. In HS and college you can mask an undersized out matched in strength Oline with the Veer/double wing/wingt concepts even the read option if youre really clever with your play calls and misdirection.

    Bad Olines can also be masked with great special teams/field position in combination with great defense.(Denvers Superbowl team)

    Someone who has actually coached and was good at it would know these things
    Last edited by Beagle; 03-19-2017 at 08:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •