Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Who Do You Want in Round 1

Just curious. Who does everyone out there currently hope we take in the first round? I've been very torn on this watching things unfold. I still lean Christian McCaffrey as a spark plug in the backfield, slot WR and special teams as returner. Especially if Elway can plug LT via trade. He fills so many voids we need.

If not him, I like OJ Howard because our TEs are mediocre at best and he will be a pro bowl TE. Lastly, what seems to be the obvious choice, an OT like Cam Robinson, Ryan Ramczyk or Garett Bolles. #InElwayWeTrust

Bronco fan for 31 years!!!!

I am a huge Solomon Thomas fan, but unfortunately it's looking unlikely he gets to us or even in trade range.

I also really like Reuben Foster, perhaps his recent issues push him into trade range. Although, I think the staff is content with Todd Davis.

Christian McCaffrey is a guy Im a big fan of as well. He would fill multiple positions, and is an extreme talent.

Cam Robinson is my favorite LT. He's not the athlete the other two are, but for being 320 he is a very good athlete. I'd sign a guy like Dunlap, and let Robinson compete at LT and RT. If he's not ready day 1, we develop as our swimg OT, and given the injury history of Watson he'd likely be playing as well.

Ryan Ramcyzk. He's my number 2 OT, unfortunately his injury will hurt him, and he only has 1 year of experience in D1. By all accounts he's a top tier athlete, and is coming out of a great OL producer in Wisconsin. Food for thought, pur TE coach is Geep Chryst who is brothers with Paul Chryst, Wisnconsin's HC.

Corey Davis. His injury has kept him from working out at the combine and Pro-day. He was right up there with Mike Williams as the top WR. If we go strictly BPA, he may end up the guy.

It seems my initial draft crushes is falling down boards for whatever reason. I have been a fan boy of Jarrad Davis since I started looking into drafts this offseason.

With the recent letdown of inactivity in FA regarding the OL, I think we should and will go OL at that pick. With that in mind I only want 2 guys at 20 and they are either Forrest Lamp or Cam Robinson. They both are plug and play guys. Cam would slide into LT pending a FA signing of Dunlap (which n I hope we do). In the event of this Cam would play RG and be our swing tackle.

Lamp would be immediately plugged in at RG. I'm sure he could be a backup tackle, with potential to start, but with his shorter arms can he handle the lengthy DEs in this league?

After pick 20 I would trade up in the 2nd for either Jarrad Davis, Alvin Kamara, Caleb Brantley, or Zay Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    It seems my initial draft crushes is falling down boards for whatever reason. I have been a fan boy of Jarrad Davis since I started looking into drafts this offseason.

With the recent letdown of inactivity in FA regarding the OL, I think we should and will go OL at that pick. With that in mind I only want 2 guys at 20 and they are either Forrest Lamp or Cam Robinson. They both are plug and play guys. Cam would slide into LT pending a FA signing of Dunlap (which n I hope we do). In the event of this Cam would play RG and be our swing tackle.

Lamp would be immediately plugged in at RG. I'm sure he could be a backup tackle, with potential to start, but with his shorter arms can he handle the lengthy DEs in this league?

After pick 20 I would trade up in the 2nd for either Jarrad Davis, Alvin Kamara, Caleb Brantley, or Zay Jones.
    In the trade up discussions I'd add Curtis Samuel. Also given Green & Jeff H's injury histories we may also be in a position as part of a trade up to grab a TE.

Hard to predict where some of my favorites will actually end up on draft day. Looking at the "experts" mock drafts a few could be selected in the teens to the mid 20s.

Considering the talent available and the team needs I think Elway would really have to work hard to disappoint me with any pick.

On offense I prefer McCaffrey, Cook, Howard, Ross, Robinson. Then start adding the LT and TEs most mentioned.

On defense, Foster, Peppers, Brantley, Jackson or other CB prospects. Elway could surprise with a pass rushing DE or LB.

Continue to be a big advocate of McCaffrey. Recent reports have him selected well before the Broncos pick.

Going to be interesting to see how Elway decides to play it.

Foster or OJ Howard has to be one of these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by NVthosebroncos View Post
    Unfortunately a dozen other teams likely covet them too. Very easily both could be off the boards by #20.

Draft should hold some surprises, it always does. Someone dropping to #20 unexpectedly is not out of the question. Would love it to be Foster!

Even saw a recent mock where Cook has dropped out of the top 15. He would be an incredible addition to the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by NVthosebroncos View Post
    If one of those guys falls to pick 18 I hope Elway does more than just kick the tires. I can't think of a scenario where I would pick someone else over Foster at 20.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Unfortunately a dozen other teams likely covet them too. Very easily both could be off the boards by #20.

Draft should hold some surprises, it always does. Someone dropping to #20 unexpectedly is not out of the question. Would love it to be Foster!

Even saw a recent mock where Cook has dropped out of the top 15. He would be an incredible addition to the offense.
    Dalvin Cook would be very hard to pass up too.

Considering that we are most likely going Offense with our 1st pick, Ive been beating the Dalvin Cook drum for a while. I dont care what his combine numbers look like; I trust what my eyes tell me after watching him for 3 years at FSU, He has great speed, great footwork, and his vision and acceleration are superior.

More and more though I am wanting Christian McCaffrey. He is perfect for us. If Im Elway, I trade up ahead of the Bucs (widely rumored landing spot for McCaffrey) and take him.

McCaffrey instantly takes care of the slot position, instantly takes care of a premier receiving threat out of the back field who can also take it around the outside, and instantly takes care of punt returning.

Remember when Wes Welker was a nightmare for teams when he was with the Patriots? McCaffrey is a tougher version of Welker.

Also, who better to draft that the only player in the draft who has, essentially, been a part of Broncos Country since the day he was born?
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

McCafferrey's stock is Rising and had we lost to Oakland we may be in play for him but that is out of the question.

However I do still believe he will fall but a team like the raiders will leap frog Denver in order to get him.

If thats the case, Elway should shift his thinking over to defense and aim for Jabril peppers (if he is still in the board). He'd contribute right of way replacing Kavon Webster and possibly eventually TJ Ward.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    McCafferrey's stock is Rising and had we lost to Oakland we may be in play for him but that is out of the question.

However I do still believe he will fall but a team like the raiders will leap frog Denver in order to get him.

If thats the case, Elway should shift his thinking over to defense and aim for Jabril peppers (if he is still in the board). He'd contribute right of way replacing Kavon Webster and possibly eventually TJ Ward.
    The kid from Connecticut might be just as good. McCaffrey may still be there when we pick I doubt Foster and Howard will be.

Quote Originally Posted by WYBRONCO View Post
    The kid from Connecticut might be just as good. McCaffrey may still be there when we pick I doubt Foster and Howard will be.
    Howard would be a great pick up however this draft is deep with tight ends so we more than likely don't need Howard as much as everybody seems to believe but again I think that would be a great pick up.

I'm advocating for Jabril peppers over Howard because I think we're going to need him a lot sooner than most folks care to realize.

Moving up to select McCaffrey may not be realistic.

Seen discussion on the draft analysis shows about the Saints potentially taking McCaffrey with #11. Speculating he would be comparable to Sproles and Bush production withing the offense.

Have also seen him on the board as late as 32nd. So who knows what happens draft day.

Draft day needs to hurry up