Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Eh, not a fan of him but if he gets drafted then I'll cheer for him like any other Bronco. Seems like were fine on RB so maybe it would be better to draft O line in the 2nd

Mixed feelings on drafting him.

Easy to simply condemn him for his actions. I am uncomfortable with him being on the Broncos and eventually cheering him on.

On the other side of the argument I believe in redemption and second chances. Mixon has been judged and penalized for his actions. I find it hard to keep him from his chosen profession for an incident two years ago.

If the Broncos were to come out of the meeting with him with a positive opinion and were to draft him it would be controversial but I can support it.

Reluctantly! And with a very short leash on future incidents of any kind.

For some reason the round seems important to me without any logic behind it. Second round would bother me, yet end of the third would be acceptable.

Smart of the Broncos to bring him in, if they have any feelings about drafting him, or even if they're just curious, its best do do a full background check but also getting him in front of you and seeing how he answers questions, and get a personal feel for him.

I have not been shy about saying I would stay away because of his past and the headaches that could create. However, I feel slightly better about it knowing that the Broncos are meeting with him and getting a feel for him, if they draft him it'll be because they feel it was an isolated action and he's remorseful.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Mixed feelings on drafting him.

Easy to simply condemn him for his actions. I am uncomfortable with him being on the Broncos and eventually cheering him on.

On the other side of the argument I believe in redemption and second chances. Mixon has been judged and penalized for his actions. I find it hard to keep him from his chosen profession for an incident two years ago.

If the Broncos were to come out of the meeting with him with a positive opinion and were to draft him it would be controversial but I can support it.

Reluctantly! And with a very short leash on future incidents of any kind.

For some reason the round seems important to me without any logic behind it. Second round would bother me, yet end of the third would be acceptable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Smart of the Broncos to bring him in, if they have any feelings about drafting him, or even if they're just curious, its best do do a full background check but also getting him in front of you and seeing how he answers questions, and get a personal feel for him.

I have not been shy about saying I would stay away because of his past and the headaches that could create. However, I feel slightly better about it knowing that the Broncos are meeting with him and getting a feel for him, if they draft him it'll be because they feel it was an isolated action and he's remorseful.
    I'm with both of you on this.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Wouldn't drafting a RB early in the draft indicate that we are already moving on from the one we got last year? Are we ready to do that? Could we trade Booker to move up a couple of spots to ensure we get him in say... early third?

Quote Originally Posted by Orangecrush21 View Post
    Wouldn't drafting a RB early in the draft indicate that we are already moving on from the one we got last year? Are we ready to do that? Could we trade Booker to move up a couple of spots to ensure we get him in say... early third?
    Could just mean we are moving on from CJ and his injury history.

Quote Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    I look at it as upgrading the depth by adding another skill set.

As mentioned Anderson is not the most reliable over a session and he and Booker have similar size / style IMO. Competent every down grinders. Not game changers.

Adding a versatile 3rd down receiving RB like McCaffrey or a dynamic playmaker like Mixon or Cook is another style altogether.

Broncos need an injection of more explosive plays from the backfield for defenses to think about. And yes I do agree this starts with the oline. But getting a threat for big plays in the backfield helps the oline too.

Quote Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    I was wondering about that, but I was also wondering... Maybe they are bringing him in to talk to him as a decoy. It seems smart that if you know that a guy is being projected at a certain point in the draft and you want someone else that is projected in the same area but other teams want as well, maybe they move for Mixon instead and leave your guy on the board.

I am not a draft expert, never even actually watched a round of it on tv lol, but I would guess GMS play this type of game quite often. I'm probably wrong though lol.
    GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!

I just re-watched the video, and I remember this now. Honestly he should not have hit her, but really it gets sickening watching as people make that woman out to be a complete victim. She pushed him, and slapped him in his face. Does that means she deserved to get cold cocked by a dude? no, but she was definitely part of the problem and absolutely not innocent in the matter. I thought maybe it was a different one where he was abusing a girl friend or something, but this one I tend to think If you are drunk and someone hits you, you are going to react. (again not sure if he was drunk, and not saying it's cool to blast a chick). But it definitely leaves a less clear line on whether that is the true him, or if he had one too many and over reacted.
    GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!

As mentioned Anderson is not the most reliable over a session and he and Booker have similar size / style IMO. Competent every down grinders. Not game changers.

Adding a versatile 3rd down receiving RB like McCaffrey or a dynamic playmaker like Mixon or Cook is another style altogether.

Broncos need an injection of more explosive plays from the backfield for defenses to think about. And yes I do agree this starts with the oline. But getting a threat for big plays in the backfield helps the oline too.
    I totally agree with you here. Mixon could be an every down back but they could use him similar to Atlanta RB's. He also is a heck of a returner.

I see Mixon as a Le'Veon Bell level talent. I like Mixon even more than I liked Bell coming out. He looks every bit a top-20 player if not for the off field question marks. If he's sitting there at 45 I would have no problem trading up for him.

Looking at Mike Klis twitter responses about this,I find most of them hilarious.

Let me get this straight,most of those people would stop being a Broncos fan,if we manage to draft him,but totally ignore all the other stuff this team had,before and during Elway.

We had two executives,who got arrested for DUI and nobody blinked an eye,had players getting in trouble off the field during and after the season and nobody hardly said a word,but the Broncos meeting someone about a possible roster spot,even though I don't think we'll get him,people want to get up and arms about it....

Mixon was punished by Oklahoma for a year,but somehow that's not good enough...People can't go around and say America is the land of second chances,but want to shut a guy out for wanting to play in the NFL....lol

With that all said,I would love to see him in a Broncos uniform,but I think some team will draft him.....

I think the milehighreport had an article saying that teams knew the only two options we had on offense was ES and DT they played some type of coverage against them.

This team hasn't had more than two options,since JT and Decker left the team...Sure,we won a Superbowl without having an third and fourth option,but this team had a hard time getting explosive plays,had a hard time in the redzone and picking up first downs

The first round must be someone that will give us that third option that will help this offense.
    2016 Adopted Bronco-TJ Ward

As i stated, I find what Mixon did offensive. But that was my judgement before the video was released. I have seen violence. I didn't need a video to get "more" outraged.

Makes me wonder how many so critical of Mixon are equally forgiving of Talib. How different would the opinions be if a video showing how he pistol whipped and took some shots at someone would change opinions. Whenever any criticisms of Talib's character is stated it is quickly followed by some variation of comments of "its good to have a nasty attitude on the team" or "he is an All-Pro" as a dismissal of his flaws.

The reality is someone is going to draft Mixon. Not certain I want ti to be the Broncos. But when a team does it will be controversial. The NFL will somehow interject themselves and possibly suspend him. Then his production will define how forgiving the fanbase will be. He gains a 1000 yards, all is forgiven. He gains 2.5 ypc or tears an ACL he will be proclaimed a bum and demands for him to be cut will gain popularity.

Sports fans are fickle. Mixon will be no different then the countless others before him. Makes me feel since it is inevitable that he will be drafted so why not the Broncos. That does not sit especially well with me. JMO

Good to see Elway doing his homework on this guy and get an idea of what he's like now after the incident and how he's matured and is handling it, personally I'd be happy if we drafted him he made a very bad decision and has served his punishment let him just focus on playing football and putting it behind him.

He's a very talented player and could be a star in this league he has everything you want in a running back and would help this team from day one in my opinion.

My only concern is the media. Players bicker and at times there's some animosity within the same locker room. My concern would be the media making it bigger deal than it is like they did with that Dallas defensive end, Hardy? I don't know if Mixon is psychologically ready to handle that scrutiny.