Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pure Fan Speculation: What if Elway Signed Adrian Peterson?

I know there's tons of rumors swirling around about Denver trying to sign Romo to a deal if he gets released. What if they went in another direction and signed AD and kept Siemian and Lynch as there QBs? Think 2013 Seattle. A beast D with the best secondary in the league, paired with a stout run game and a serviceable QB on a rookie contract. I mean, Elway did use them as a blueprint for the 2015 Broncos.

What would be everyone's thoughts if they did go that direction?
    2014/2015 Adopt-A-Bronco : TJ Ward - GO DUCKS!

AP's done. No thanks.

if he signed AP then we'd have yet another RB who is injury prone and has lost his speed and elusiveness. At least when CJ was in he was a difference maker on the team. He made plays happen...AP has not done that in a few years.

What if Napoleon had a B-52 at Waterloo?
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    not sure one of these would have helped him???

CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

AP isn't done. He's no where near what he use to be. But if used correctly with a team like the Raiders/packers/NE he could be successful

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    not sure one of these would have helped him???

Yes, the outcome would have been the same because Napoleon would have been hanging out in the Love Shack.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Yes, the outcome would have been the same because Napoleon would have been hanging out in the Love Shack.

CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

I don't think we know for sure that AD is done. Yes, he has had some injuries and the child abuse charge a couple years back but if he is signed to a incentive driven deal I would kick the tires on him. If he is to regain form for a year or two then what a fantastic boost that would be. If he is done, an incentive drivel deal would not be much of a risk.

He may not be willing to do a deal like that as well. I am sure if we don't some team will sign him and either be happy or not.

Why sign a injury prone RB when this upcoming draft is filled with plenty of good running backs? If Elway was to sign a veteran Blount would be the better option imo.

Would he have just had the B-52 or would he have had pilots, jet fuel and armaments to use as well? The plane by itself would have made for decent cover, but without the other things, he still loses.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

I think he can still be solid for two years he's missed two out of the last three years one due to injury which he was gonna return from. 1500 yard season two years ago.

Wellington would have traded for an F1 for a Prussian Calvary unit to be named later.

Can he play LT?

CHILDREN ARE THE RAINBOW OF LIFE
    GRANDCHILDREN ARE THE POT OF GOLD

The first time people doubted him he came back with a 2000 yard season the second time after his suspension 1500 yard season I think it be worth it a motivated player that people are trying to write off.