Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Would he have just had the B-52 or would he have had pilots, jet fuel and armaments to use as well? The plane by itself would have made for decent cover, but without the other things, he still loses.
    I'm thinkin' fully operational with thermonuclear devices, maybe even with a KC-135 for aerial refueling.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    I'm thinkin' fully operational with thermonuclear devices, maybe even with a KC-135 for aerial refueling.
    And loud speakers to blare B-52's music? Cause that would drive the enemy crazy, and have a profound psychological impact.

Hat tip to BroncosSB2010 for originally bringing up the B-52's
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    And loud speakers to blare B-52's music? Cause that would drive the enemy crazy, and have a profound psychological impact.

Hat tip to BroncosSB2010 for originally bringing up the B-52's
    IDK. Wellington's troops were pretty tough. They had bagpipes.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Would be a waist of money.

Why would we go there when the #1 RB in the NFL in TD's & #9 in total yrds is available in L. Blount? And hurt the Pats at the same time? Better him than an unproven rookie we already have Booker.
    Bronco Bob

Slow news day leads to what if ? Serious a B52 ? Actually both the B52 and Peterson will not or never had happened.

I'd rather look at a veteran replacement for Demarcus Ware. Maybe a return by Elvis Dumervil.

If you were AP and the Pats were interested.....Hmmm never mind I know the answer.

If I'm the Pats*, signing AP is a no brainer. Brady* and Belicheck* paired with a once in a decade RB. Best of all, AP doesn't have to do it all anymore and doesn't have to take the same beating he took every game in Minnesota. He can split reps with their RB corps and maintain his health all season. Plus he makes life so much easier for Brady* because opposing defenses have to respect the run more than ever.

Quote Originally Posted by ChupaThingy View Post
    If I'm the Pats*, signing AP is a no brainer. Brady* and Belicheck* paired with a once in a decade RB. Best of all, AP doesn't have to do it all anymore and doesn't have to take the same beating he took every game in Minnesota. He can split reps with their RB corps and maintain his health all season. Plus he makes life so much easier for Brady* because opposing defenses have to respect the run more than ever.
    The Boston sports media hate this idea. They are very much against this move, should it happen. And I doubt it will happen because Jonathan Kraft most likely won't let it.

AP doesn't fit their typical player profile that they like to use; meaning he's not multi-functional. Doesn't play special teams, doesn't catch, fumbles too much and can't pass block. Most reporters here in Boston believe this move was more about using it as leverage for LaGarrette Blount.

I hate this guy and don't want him in Denver either.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

I'd sign AP to the Broncos
    I believe.

Cant have three running backs that don't play special teams. AP is still an intriguing player, but I would rather go with Anderson, Booker, and a rookie.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    What if Napoleon had a B-52 at Waterloo?
    He'd have ulcerative colitis?

Quote Originally Posted by bfallona View Post
    Why would we go there when the #1 RB in the NFL in TD's & #9 in total yrds is available in L. Blount? And hurt the Pats at the same time? Better him than an unproven rookie we already have Booker.
    After the stunt Blount pulled in Pittsburgh I'm not sure why any team outside of the Patriots would even look at the guy? After all if he doesn't like it in his new place he'll just aim to get himself cut so he can go back to New England.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

Quote Originally Posted by bfallona View Post
    It's potentially all about a trade for Richard Sherman. AP and Sherman have the same agent. The Seahawks apparently are tired of Sherman's antics and want to have a one on one trade for Malcolm Butler. The agent is apparently trying to establish a market for AP as well. The idea was, if you give AP a look, even though you're not going to sign him, it will give other teams the idea that a market will be established for him, and then there will be a swap for Sherman and Butler.

That's what the Boston sports media have been saying, or speculating anyway. I posted before that AP is not the kind of player that NE gets. He's not a multi-purpose type player. Once the Richard Sherman thing came out, it all made sense to them. If NE gets Sherman, they were already loaded, and this just puts them in the danger zone category.

And it was to light a fire under Blount.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware