Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kona's Mock

Kona's Mock

**********Disclosure***********
    Before the draft we sign King Dunlop to a two year deal and will start at Left Tackle!

1) OL FORREST LAMP will be a day one starter somewhere on the line
    2) DL CALEB BRANTLEY will start as a rotational 1 tech until Peko leaves/ retires then becomes the man. Used in obvious passing downs.
    3) WR COOPER KUPP great option for a third receiver
    3) CB SIDNEY JONES great athlete, not so great off the field. Adds depth to the No Fly Zone and replaces Webster
    4) RB JOE MIXON another great athlete who made a stupid decision. A changing of the guard is needed in the backfield and a Mixon, Hurd, Booker makes an ideal 3 headed monster.
    *******Trade a player or next years pick for another 4th********
    4) DT Jarron Jones a prototypical 3 technique defensive end.
    5)WR KD CANNON explosive Wide receiver, will also return kicks
    6) G KYLE KALIS a plug and play pro ready guard
    7) RB JALEN HURD another knuckle head but super value pick in the seventh
    7) G GREG PYKE another pro ready guard ready to compete
    7) S JOHNATHAN FORD will challenge Will Parks on both special teams and playing time

I would go nuts if we got Joe Mixon and Sidney Jones

No Inside Backer?
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

It'd be great to get Mixon in the 4th but he'll be gone in the 2nd. I'd also be shocked if the Broncos didn't draft a TE.

I would take Kareem Hunt over Mixon all day. BTW, Jalen Hurd isn't draft eligible, he transferred schools.
    A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Quote Originally Posted by crash123go View Post
    I would take Kareem Hunt over Mixon all day. BTW, Jalen Hurd isn't draft eligible, he transferred schools.
    He never joined another school from what I could find online. There is records of him leaving but nothing on what school he went to. Last rumor is he was considering the draft.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.seccountry.com/tennessee/jalen-hurd-tennessee-transfer-nfl/amp
    Last edited by kona bronco; 03-17-2017 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    It'd be great to get Mixon in the 4th but he'll be gone in the 2nd. I'd also be shocked if the Broncos didn't draft a TE.
    Draft is funny, you never know until it's done! Ray Rice is still looking for employment because of a similar incident.

Sidney Jones is a very Elway-like pick. He has a history of drafting top players who slid down draft boards because of injury. Jones would be a great pick and has future starting talent. In the next two years, the CB position could be messy as we try to re-sign Roby in the near future, and Talib might be playing out his final years on his contract.
    2014 Adopt-A-Bronco: #43 T.J. WARD & #38 QUINTON CARTER
    2013 Adopt-A-Bronco: #25 CHRIS HARRIS

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    No Inside Backer?
    Went BPA for positions of need. No backer available were a better choice than who was picked at the time. To many holes not enough draft picks

Quote Originally Posted by kona bronco View Post
    Draft is funny, you never know until it's done! Ray Rice is still looking for employment because of a similar incident.
    There are a few differences in the Mixon/Rice situations! Rice was out of his prime, on the downside of his career. Rice was also a mature adult hitting his wife. Mixon is a highly talented athlete getting ready to start his career & his incident while still very horrible happened when he was 18. It's hard for veteran RB to get a job when they don't have off field issues. I think Mixon goes in the 2nd, and we will draft a TE. I like the mock draft, though.

I don't think those 2 incidents are the same at all.....

CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

**********Disclosure***********
    Before the draft we sign King Dunlop to a two year deal and will start at Left Tackle!

1) OL FORREST LAMP will be a day one starter somewhere on the line
    2) DL CALEB BRANTLEY will start as a rotational 1 tech until Peko leaves/ retires then becomes the man. Used in obvious passing downs.
    3) WR COOPER KUPP great option for a third receiver
    3) CB SIDNEY JONES great athlete, not so great off the field. Adds depth to the No Fly Zone and replaces Webster
    4) RB JOE MIXON another great athlete who made a stupid decision. A changing of the guard is needed in the backfield and a Mixon, Hurd, Booker makes an ideal 3 headed monster.
    *******Trade a player or next years pick for another 4th********
    4) DT Jarron Jones a prototypical 3 technique defensive end.
    5)WR KD CANNON explosive Wide receiver, will also return kicks
    6) G KYLE KALIS a plug and play pro ready guard
    7) RB JALEN HURD another knuckle head but super value pick in the seventh
    7) G GREG PYKE another pro ready guard ready to compete
    7) S JOHNATHAN FORD will challenge Will Parks on both special teams and playing time
    my thing is i see lamp going before us. so would you trade up for lamp. even if it is just a few spots

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    I don't think those 2 incidents are the same at all.....
    Two football running backs punching women unconscious isn't the same?

Two football running backs punching women unconscious isn't the same?
    No. It wasn't the same, one was a drunken fool in his late 20s beating the snot out of his wife and dragging her across the floor, while another was a kid who had literally turned 18 that day and reacting to some bs. This isn't a minimization of his actions but context does matter in life and the context between these 2 are not even the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskajoe View Post
    No. It wasn't the same, one was a drunken fool in his late 20s beating the snot out of his wife and dragging her across the floor, while another was a kid who had literally turned 18 that day and reacting to some bs. This isn't a minimization of his actions but context does matter in life and the context between these 2 are not even the same.
    Yes they are the same! Both did what should never be done, laying their hand on a woman, and if you can't tell there is no difference between the two then sir your no better than they are.