Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    The only way I would take a chance on Peterson is if we went into full blown win now mode. Traded for Joe Thomas, signed Romo and brought Peterson in. Cut Stephenson and Virgil Green. Restructure DT.

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    I think it's crazy that Adrian Peterson remains unsigned. Even average RBs like Eddie Lacy and Latavius Murray already have new teams. Peterson was arguably a top-5 player in the NFL less than a year ago, voted #5 in the Top 100.

I also don't think the Broncos o-line would be a problem because the Vikings haven't had a great o-line. Peterson can create big plays on his own. He ran for 1,485 yards in 2015. Look at his o-line that season: Matt Kalil and T.J. Clemmings at OT; both are mediocre players. His OGs were Brandon Fusco and Mike Harris, who have been cut and are still unsigned free agents.

Peterson would bring a needed attitude to the offense and he has leadership qualities. CJ Anderson can't stay healthy and he's making $4.5 million this season. Perhaps the reason why Peterson is not being considered is because the Broncos want to feature Anderson. They are RBs that don't play on special teams, but Hillman also didn't and used to be the #2 RB. So, it's possible to have both Anderson and Peterson active on game day.

I won't doubt AP anymore after what he did in 2012.
    I would imagine he remains unsigned because he probably thinks he's worth way more than teams are willing to pay and is holding out for someone to pay him what he wants.

I think it's crazy that Adrian Peterson remains unsigned. Even average RBs like Eddie Lacy and Latavius Murray already have new teams. Peterson was arguably a top-5 player in the NFL less than a year ago, voted #5 in the Top 100.

I also don't think the Broncos o-line would be a problem because the Vikings haven't had a great o-line. Peterson can create big plays on his own. He ran for 1,485 yards in 2015. Look at his o-line that season: Matt Kalil and T.J. Clemmings at OT; both are mediocre players. His OGs were Brandon Fusco and Mike Harris, who have been cut and are still unsigned free agents.

Peterson would bring a needed attitude to the offense and he has leadership qualities. CJ Anderson can't stay healthy and he's making $4.5 million this season. Perhaps the reason why Peterson is not being considered is because the Broncos want to feature Anderson. They are RBs that don't play on special teams, but Hillman also didn't and used to be the #2 RB. So, it's possible to have both Anderson and Peterson active on game day.

Father Time is undefeated and I don't want the Broncos to be the ones to find out that Peterson finally got his beat down.
    Jesus Loves You, even if you don't love Him.
    Woooo!! Wooooo!!! Wooooooo!!!! Wooooooooooooooooo!!!!!
    negs are for cowards. I won't back down.

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    Father Time is undefeated and I don't want the Broncos to be the ones to find out that Peterson finally got his beat down.
    You mean like the Rams with Joe Namath
    The Vikings with Archie Manning
    The Broncos with Tony Dorsett
    The Cardinals with Emmitt Smith
    The Chargers with Johnny Unitas
    Ladanian Tomlinson with the Jets

And the list goes on and on. I agree with you fully here, Father Time is undefeated and signing an RB at this age usually leads to disappointment. The positive is the Raiduhs seem not to know this and will sign Marshawn Lynch to be their next RB, Ignoring that he was a beaten down injured player in 2015, and won't return to former glory, but will return as the 2015 version.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

When AP first came out, he was the closest thing to Jim Brown that I'd ever seen.
    Yes BBN, Father Time is undefeated indeed.
    Like you say, "the list goes on".
    Must be so hard for some of these guys to walk away on top.

Joe Montana to the chefs was sad to see.

Emmitt Smith just signed with the Cards to pad his stats.
    That was a sad day for me when he topped Walter Payton's record.
    Then after that, he retired as a cowgirl.
    Barry Sanders could have easily broken Sweetness' record.
    But Barry, like Jim Brown, just walked away from the game on top.

May God Bless All The Men And Women Of Our Armed Forces, Past and Present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing.
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html

My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post

When AP first came out, he was the closest thing to Jim Brown that I'd ever seen.
    Yes BBN, Father Time is undefeated indeed.
    Like you say, "the list goes on".
    Must be so hard for some of these guys to walk away on top.

Joe Montana to the chefs was sad to see.

Emmitt Smith just signed with the Cards to pad his stats.
    That was a sad day for me when he topped Walter Payton's record.
    Then after that, he retired as a cowgirl.
    Barry Sanders could have easily broken Sweetness' record.
    But Barry, like Jim Brown, just walked away from the game on top.

Agree with all of that, especially the bolded part

CHILDREN ARE THE RAINBOW OF LIFE
    GRANDCHILDREN ARE THE POT OF GOLD

AP at his age would only be a band aid. With all the RBs in the draft, I don't see Elway taking AP.

Paaaaassssssss.
    I mean, jump all over it, if it's for the cheap. But one of our brothers said it best: he's holding out for more money and probably multiple years.
    No thanks.

I agree having a good line helps but it's not a make or break criteria for a great back. Barry Sanders did magic behind One on the worse lines in NFL history. If my memory serves me right, not a single Pro Bowler his entire career, yet the self title king of backs Emmitt Smith had an All Pro line and needed extra years to surpass Barry Sanders. Granted Barry was a generational player but so is Peterson!

Ap is angry and hungry we need to bring him in we know how great cj is in a one two punch draft Lamp solidify interior o line. The mans pissed they setting up meetings with him and canceling.