Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 25 of 25
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    412
    The only way I would take a chance on Peterson is if we went into full blown win now mode. Traded for Joe Thomas, signed Romo and brought Peterson in. Cut Stephenson and Virgil Green. Restructure DT.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2,710
    Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    I think it's crazy that Adrian Peterson remains unsigned. Even average RBs like Eddie Lacy and Latavius Murray already have new teams. Peterson was arguably a top-5 player in the NFL less than a year ago, voted #5 in the Top 100.

    I also don't think the Broncos o-line would be a problem because the Vikings haven't had a great o-line. Peterson can create big plays on his own. He ran for 1,485 yards in 2015. Look at his o-line that season: Matt Kalil and T.J. Clemmings at OT; both are mediocre players. His OGs were Brandon Fusco and Mike Harris, who have been cut and are still unsigned free agents.

    Peterson would bring a needed attitude to the offense and he has leadership qualities. CJ Anderson can't stay healthy and he's making $4.5 million this season. Perhaps the reason why Peterson is not being considered is because the Broncos want to feature Anderson. They are RBs that don't play on special teams, but Hillman also didn't and used to be the #2 RB. So, it's possible to have both Anderson and Peterson active on game day.

    I won't doubt AP anymore after what he did in 2012.
    I would imagine he remains unsigned because he probably thinks he's worth way more than teams are willing to pay and is holding out for someone to pay him what he wants.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    11 Western+Texas on 18 wheels
    Posts
    6,963
    Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    I think it's crazy that Adrian Peterson remains unsigned. Even average RBs like Eddie Lacy and Latavius Murray already have new teams. Peterson was arguably a top-5 player in the NFL less than a year ago, voted #5 in the Top 100.

    I also don't think the Broncos o-line would be a problem because the Vikings haven't had a great o-line. Peterson can create big plays on his own. He ran for 1,485 yards in 2015. Look at his o-line that season: Matt Kalil and T.J. Clemmings at OT; both are mediocre players. His OGs were Brandon Fusco and Mike Harris, who have been cut and are still unsigned free agents.

    Peterson would bring a needed attitude to the offense and he has leadership qualities. CJ Anderson can't stay healthy and he's making $4.5 million this season. Perhaps the reason why Peterson is not being considered is because the Broncos want to feature Anderson. They are RBs that don't play on special teams, but Hillman also didn't and used to be the #2 RB. So, it's possible to have both Anderson and Peterson active on game day.

    I won't doubt AP anymore after what he did in 2012.
    Father Time is undefeated and I don't want the Broncos to be the ones to find out that Peterson finally got his beat down.
    Jesus Loves You, even if you don't love Him.
    Woooo!! Wooooo!!! Wooooooo!!!! Wooooooooooooooooo!!!!!
    negs are for cowards. I won't back down.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    8,197
    Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    Father Time is undefeated and I don't want the Broncos to be the ones to find out that Peterson finally got his beat down.
    You mean like the Rams with Joe Namath
    The Vikings with Archie Manning
    The Broncos with Tony Dorsett
    The Cardinals with Emmitt Smith
    The Chargers with Johnny Unitas
    Ladanian Tomlinson with the Jets

    And the list goes on and on. I agree with you fully here, Father Time is undefeated and signing an RB at this age usually leads to disappointment. The positive is the Raiduhs seem not to know this and will sign Marshawn Lynch to be their next RB, Ignoring that he was a beaten down injured player in 2015, and won't return to former glory, but will return as the 2015 version.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

  5. #20
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sonoran Desert
    Posts
    7,164
    .





    When AP first came out, he was the closest thing to Jim Brown that I'd ever seen.
    Yes BBN, Father Time is undefeated indeed.
    Like you say, "the list goes on".
    Must be so hard for some of these guys to walk away on top.

    Joe Montana to the chefs was sad to see.

    Emmitt Smith just signed with the Cards to pad his stats.
    That was a sad day for me when he topped Walter Payton's record.
    Then after that, he retired as a cowgirl.
    .
    Barry Sanders could have easily broken Sweetness' record.
    But Barry, like Jim Brown, just walked away from the game on top.

    May God Bless All The Men And Women Of Our Armed Forces, Past and Present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing.
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html

    My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Huntsville, Texas
    Posts
    10,552
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post
    .





    When AP first came out, he was the closest thing to Jim Brown that I'd ever seen.
    Yes BBN, Father Time is undefeated indeed.
    Like you say, "the list goes on".
    Must be so hard for some of these guys to walk away on top.

    Joe Montana to the chefs was sad to see.

    Emmitt Smith just signed with the Cards to pad his stats.
    That was a sad day for me when he topped Walter Payton's record.
    Then after that, he retired as a cowgirl.
    .
    Barry Sanders could have easily broken Sweetness' record.
    But Barry, like Jim Brown, just walked away from the game on top.




    Agree with all of that, especially the bolded part



    CHILDREN ARE THE RAINBOW OF LIFE
    GRANDCHILDREN ARE THE POT OF GOLD

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    2,786
    AP at his age would only be a band aid. With all the RBs in the draft, I don't see Elway taking AP.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    620
    Paaaaassssssss.
    I mean, jump all over it, if it's for the cheap. But one of our brothers said it best: he's holding out for more money and probably multiple years.
    No thanks.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,143
    Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    I think it's crazy that Adrian Peterson remains unsigned. Even average RBs like Eddie Lacy and Latavius Murray already have new teams. Peterson was arguably a top-5 player in the NFL less than a year ago, voted #5 in the Top 100.

    I also don't think the Broncos o-line would be a problem because the Vikings haven't had a great o-line. Peterson can create big plays on his own. He ran for 1,485 yards in 2015. Look at his o-line that season: Matt Kalil and T.J. Clemmings at OT; both are mediocre players. His OGs were Brandon Fusco and Mike Harris, who have been cut and are still unsigned free agents.

    Peterson would bring a needed attitude to the offense and he has leadership qualities. CJ Anderson can't stay healthy and he's making $4.5 million this season. Perhaps the reason why Peterson is not being considered is because the Broncos want to feature Anderson. They are RBs that don't play on special teams, but Hillman also didn't and used to be the #2 RB. So, it's possible to have both Anderson and Peterson active on game day.

    I won't doubt AP anymore after what he did in 2012.
    I agree having a good line helps but it's not a make or break criteria for a great back. Barry Sanders did magic behind One on the worse lines in NFL history. If my memory serves me right, not a single Pro Bowler his entire career, yet the self title king of backs Emmitt Smith had an All Pro line and needed extra years to surpass Barry Sanders. Granted Barry was a generational player but so is Peterson!

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    129
    Ap is angry and hungry we need to bring him in we know how great cj is in a one two punch draft Lamp solidify interior o line. The mans pissed they setting up meetings with him and canceling.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •