Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anquan Boldin

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    Matt Stafford has had entire career throwing to Calvin Johnson, yet had one of his best years when Johnson retired and he was throwing to Boldin. Boldin has played with a lot of QBs, I really don't think it was just Stafford that made him look good last year.

If we add Romo, and it's Super Bowl or bust, then Boldin would be a good pickup.
    Well I think part of that, if not all of that is because Matt stopped forcing the ball. When CJ was on the Lions, Stafford would throw the ball his way no matter the situation. CJ could be triple covered, and Stafford would still throw it his way. Leading Matt to have lesser numbers. Without his safety blanket, that need to just force the ball CJ's way, he was more calm in the pocket, spread the ball around more and had a better chance to get players like Boldin involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    Matt Stafford has had entire career throwing to Calvin Johnson, yet had one of his best years when Johnson retired and he was throwing to Boldin. Boldin has played with a lot of QBs, I really don't think it was just Stafford that made him look good last year.

If we add Romo, and it's Super Bowl or bust, then Boldin would be a good pickup.
    I would only get him if Romo was here, if not then we draft and develop a guy. If its win now mode with Romo Boldin is a cheap reliable target.

Quote Originally Posted by OurHouse View Post
    I would only get him if Romo was here, if not then we draft and develop a guy. If its win now mode with Romo Boldin is a cheap reliable target.
    My thoughts as well

I've been watching a lot of Lions highlights from family in Michigan, and Boldin did well last year to be added so late to the roster. I thought last year was one of Stafford's best years yet, considering Calvin Johnson retired. I think Anquan Boldin played a big part in helping Stafford have more options and pass the ball around. However the Lions did have a better line than us last season which probably helped Stafford choose his targets more wisely and helped Boldin get better numbers. I'm not so sure he gets that opportunity over here with Lynch/Siemian and this offensive line.

Also others have been saying that if we don't get Romo it would be better to draft and develop, which I agree with. Without Romo and a seasoned LT we're probably not a win-now team, and we might as well develop a rookie with our young QBs
    Last edited by TheAsianPA; 03-20-2017 at 02:55 PM.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

I agree with those who say this a move you make only if we have romo. He would end up being underutilized otherwise and we barely kept DT and sanders satisfied as it was. They were complaining when we were winning. Only reason they were happy down the stretch is because we abandoned the run early and passed for the sake of passing.

If everybody is covered and I HAVE to make a play either picking up a first or scoring in the redzone im throwing to bolden because I know he is 110% gonna fight for it and will most likely win.