Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 31 to 39 of 39
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,927
    Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    The article in question said Thomas would never complain and is getting more excited about the direction the team is headed. No mention at all that he's disgruntled.
    You are being too rational. Just have fun with it.

    Give this thread a couple more days and the running commentary will be Thomas running through the Brown's complex in a Broncos jersey demanding a trade, Browns will graciously take a 5th rounder to "get something" for him and Elway is negotiating a contract restructure for the half the salary because Thomas wants to win. Oh and of course Romo is taking the vet minimum for the sheer joy of playing for Denver.

    I'll put this in the category of I'll believe it when I see it. Certainly fun to think about though.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    26,783
    Quote Originally Posted by Bterres105 View Post
    Or lack there of. I read the article and was left asking for those two minutes of my life back.
    It's like when you get your knee scoped and the meniscus gets trimmed. It ain't comin' back.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    14,059
    Let me get this straight, since he said he likes it in the Rocky Mountains that means he hates it in Cleveland, that Cleveland hates him, and that they're going to trade him?

    When Cleveland drafted him he was fishing in Lake Michigan, is that a coded message too?

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    6,822
    Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    The article in question said Thomas would never complain and is getting more excited about the direction the team is headed. No mention at all that he's disgruntled.
    Joe is a good person he would never complain about playing for any team it's just not the way he operates.

    In all honesty who could actually believe that anybody would be getting excited for the direction of or that the Cleveland Browns are going in? LOL

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Huntsville, Texas
    Posts
    10,391
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Joe is a good person he would never complain about playing for any team it's just not the way he operates.

    In all honesty who could actually believe that anybody would be getting excited for the direction of or that the Cleveland Browns are going in? LOL



    They have 9 picks in the top 2 rounds between this year and next year. I'm not even remotely a Cleveland fan and I am a little excited at what they are doing and want to see what happens in the next couple of years with the direction they have taken. For the first time in a long time I might add. If I were a Cleveland fan, I'm guessing I would be even more excited about it. We shall see how they use those picks now.



    CHILDREN ARE THE RAINBOW OF LIFE
    GRANDCHILDREN ARE THE POT OF GOLD

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2,285
    Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    [/B]


    They have 9 picks in the top 2 rounds between this year and next year. I'm not even remotely a Cleveland fan and I am a little excited at what they are doing and want to see what happens in the next couple of years with the direction they have taken. For the first time in a long time I might add. If I were a Cleveland fan, I'm guessing I would be even more excited about it. We shall see how they use those picks now.
    Agreed! I don't know how you can't be at least a little intrigued by what they have the chance to do between this years and next year's draft.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8,477
    Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    [/B]


    They have 9 picks in the top 2 rounds between this year and next year. I'm not even remotely a Cleveland fan and I am a little excited at what they are doing and want to see what happens in the next couple of years with the direction they have taken. For the first time in a long time I might add. If I were a Cleveland fan, I'm guessing I would be even more excited about it. We shall see how they use those picks now.
    Who's to say they won't trade Thomas just to add to that pile of picks. They may want to have a total rebuild, and get younger at every level. They have Zietler and Bitonio(spelling) at OG. They will likely have ever a rookie QB. They are getting younger and with 10 top picks will only get younger. Maybe trading JT will actually be good for their long term success.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2,285
    Quote Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    Who's to say they won't trade Thomas just to add to that pile of picks. They may want to have a total rebuild, and get younger at every level. They have Zietler and Bitonio(spelling) at OG. They will likely have ever a rookie QB. They are getting younger and with 10 top picks will only get younger. Maybe trading JT will actually be good for their long term success.
    I don't believe he stated that there is no way they'll trade him, unless I missed it somewhere. I'm only seeing that he's stating that Browns' fans do have a reason to be a little excited.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8,477
    Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    I don't believe he stated that there is no way they'll trade him, unless I missed it somewhere. I'm only seeing that he's stating that Browns' fans do have a reason to be a little excited.
    He didn't, but I have seen other posters and reports saying they wouldn't. I have also seen reports saying they would. It's anyone's guess as to if they will or not.

    I totally agree with him. That's also the reason I said the Browns might trade him. Adding another high pick only increases the excitement.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •