Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Agent says hes doing his best to get OT Joe Thomas to Broncos

Agent says hes doing his best to get OT Joe Thomas to Broncos
    https://www.all22.com/denver-broncos...medium=twitter

Please Football God, Make this man a Denver Bronco.
    This could be the reason we are being cheap in FA.
    I'd give up this year 1st round pick in a second for him. There's no player in this draft that will have a bigger impact on this team then Joe Thomas.
    "Stand behind our troops or Feel free to stand in front of them!"

And where exactly does the agent say he's "doing his best to get Thomas to Broncos"?

Joes such a good person that, you know, hes never gonna complain about being on the Browns, Schaffer said on Mile High Sports Goodman and Shapiro show. As they rebuild the team, he gets more and more excited about the direction that teams going.

He did me tell though that if theres any place hed like to be, he does love the Rocky Mountains.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

OMG please let this happen. This could be a draft day trade though. I would happily trade down to 33 from 20 in exchange for Thomas. That would give them three 1st round picks to improve that team. I can see it.

There are certain aspects of this time of year that are indescribably horrible.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    There are certain aspects of this time of year that are indescribably horrible.
    I saw this same article title on Facebook from 247sports. I hope it's legit. It would explain the lack of interest in a LT in FA.

If they put him on the block we certainly wont be the only team bidding. Last time we offered a 1st 3rd and a player (Shane ray?) and that wasn't enough to make it happen. It all depends on how much we need to give up to make it happen this time and does it actually make us a contender in the process?

I would give up a 1st and 3rd easily but nothing in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    If they put him on the block we certainly wont be the only team bidding. Last time we offered a 1st 3rd and a player (Shane ray?) and that wasn't enough to make it happen. It all depends on how much we need to give up to make it happen this time and does it actually make us a contender in the process?

I would give up a 1st and 3rd easily but nothing in the future.
    I would rather give up a future 1st, assuming next that 1st would be in the high twenties or possibly in the 30s. I'd give a 3rd this year though, we have plenty of those and now the compensatory picks are tradable. Being in the 20th position, we have a legit chance to get a great offensive weapon if we don't need to get a LT in the draft. It would be better if Elway worked out a deal but kept it quite so teams would not know what we are going after. If the trade happened before the draft, teams would know we are not taking a LT at 20 and may move down to get someone like McCaffery if it was looking like he may fall to 20. It is a game of poker and Elway doesn't want to show his cards until he can pull off a major deal. Who knows, Elway may even deal Paxton now which is like a 1st round pick equivalent.
    Denver Broncos 2015 - Win AFC West Division: , Win AFC Conference: , Beat SB 49 Champs (2X): , Win SB 50:

I don't see anywhere in the article where his agent said he was trying to get him to Denver.

While I would love to get him here, looks to me like the title is just meant to get hits and is very misleading.

CHILDREN ARE THE RAINBOW OF LIFE
    GRANDCHILDREN ARE THE POT OF GOLD

I would not give up a first in this years draft for someone who will only play 2-3 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    I don't see anywhere in the article where his agent said he was trying to get him to Denver.

While I would love to get him here, looks to me like the title is just meant to get hits and is very misleading.
    that's exactly what the article was. Zero confirmation for trade
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Much about nothing. We've heard this before. Just a slow day at the office

Quote Originally Posted by NVthosebroncos View Post
    I would not give up a first in this years draft for someone who will only play 2-3 seasons.
    I'd agree with this. but only to a point. If our intent was to target an OT and develop him behind Thomas then...I MIGHT consider that OK value. Aside from that though...no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by NVthosebroncos View Post
    He's only 32. Whitworth is playing at a pro-bowl level at 37 and everyone was in love with him. Joe Thomas can give us a good 4-5 more yrs and we don't have to take a chance on a bad oline class this year. We still have a team built to win now and we don't have time to develop a LT the window is closing fast.

Elway and Joseph are in win now mode so this just may be what us going down. A draft day trade gir Joe Thomas to enforce what will be a very high up tempo offense.

Quote Originally Posted by haciendadad View Post
    I would rather give up a future 1st, assuming next that 1st would be in the high twenties or possibly in the 30s. I'd give a 3rd this year though, we have plenty of those and now the compensatory picks are tradable. Being in the 20th position, we have a legit chance to get a great offensive weapon if we don't need to get a LT in the draft. It would be better if Elway worked out a deal but kept it quite so teams would not know what we are going after. If the trade happened before the draft, teams would know we are not taking a LT at 20 and may move down to get someone like McCaffery if it was looking like he may fall to 20. It is a game of poker and Elway doesn't want to show his cards until he can pull off a major deal. Who knows, Elway may even deal Paxton now which is like a 1st round pick equivalent.
    This would be the perfect scenario with the way Cleveland likes to stockpile picks. 2017 3rd rounder and 2018 1st rounder.
    I'm starting to get on the McCaffrey train now looking at how McCoy has utilized Danny Woodhead the past several years in SD. He was a monster in PPR Fantasy when healthy.