Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosk View Post
    Couldn't agree more my man. Here's a quick run down on players selected shortly after those picks.

Brock: Lavonte David (who I was pounding the table for, went the very next pick), Vinny Curry, Kelechi Osemele, Casey Hayward, Dwayne Allen, Trumaine Johnson. All those guys were selected from Brock to Ronnie Hillman, 10 picks apart.

Ball: Robert Alford, Eddie Lacy, Travis Kelce, Larry Warford, Bennie Logan, Tyrann Mathieu. All selected within 12 picks after Ball.

Latimer: Carlos Hyde, Jack Mewhort, Kony Ealy, Allen Robinson, Jarvis Landry, CJ Fiedorowicz. All selected within 10 picks after Latimer.

Sambrailo: Ali Marpet, Quinten Rollins, Frank Clark, AJ Cann, Tyler Lockett. All selected within 10 picks after Sambrailo.

Too early to tell on Gotsis, but dating back to 2012, with the exception of Wolfe, our second round picks have been awful. That's totally unacceptable. That trends needs to end this year.
    Right. Adam Gotsis was the last pick in the second round last year. So, I guess you'd have to wait a couple of years and compare him to everyone drafted in the third round of 2016. Denver's 2016 draft might turn out to be pretty good.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Couldn't agree more my man. Here's a quick run down on players selected shortly after those picks.

Brock: Lavonte David (who I was pounding the table for, went the very next pick), Vinny Curry, Kelechi Osemele, Casey Hayward, Dwayne Allen, Trumaine Johnson. All those guys were selected from Brock to Ronnie Hillman, 10 picks apart.

Ball: Robert Alford, Eddie Lacy, Travis Kelce, Larry Warford, Bennie Logan, Tyrann Mathieu. All selected within 12 picks after Ball.

Latimer: Carlos Hyde, Jack Mewhort, Kony Ealy, Allen Robinson, Jarvis Landry, CJ Fiedorowicz. All selected within 10 picks after Latimer.

Sambrailo: Ali Marpet, Quinten Rollins, Frank Clark, AJ Cann, Tyler Lockett. All selected within 10 picks after Sambrailo.

Too early to tell on Gotsis, but dating back to 2012, with the exception of Wolfe, our second round picks have been awful. That's totally unacceptable. That trends needs to end this year.
    While it is clear that Brock was not a stellar pick overall he did step in and do a decent job as a backup QB for us. He was a cheap and serviceable backup and frankly his numbers were very cap friendly. I suppose given what our general needs were at the time which QB from that draft from Brock's pick on-wards would you have chosen?

I agree with the others though.I also agree with the overall assessment that the 2nd round picks we've made of late have not been good. I also think what makes Latimer's pick more head scratching is that we traded up for him. He;s done well for us on ST but really not done well at all at his natural position.

I think we need to give Adam G. 1-2 more years before you pass any sort of judgement on him. He is relatively new to the game and many forget that Malik was not the game wrecker he was near the beginning either. Ultimately what we as fans should want to see is just steady progression and steady improvements.

I will not be happy if we take an OT in the 1st round. I could deal with it if we were to take Cam Robinson, but really prefer not.

McCaffrey, Njoku, or Cook if he were still there, is who Id like to see us take. Id like Howard too but he'll likely be long gone.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    While it is clear that Brock was not a stellar pick overall he did step in and do a decent job as a backup QB for us. He was a cheap and serviceable backup and frankly his numbers were very cap friendly. I suppose given what our general needs were at the time which QB from that draft from Brock's pick on-wards would you have chosen?

I agree with the others though.I also agree with the overall assessment that the 2nd round picks we've made of late have not been good. I also think what makes Latimer's pick more head scratching is that we traded up for him. He;s done well for us on ST but really not done well at all at his natural position.

I think we need to give Adam G. 1-2 more years before you pass any sort of judgement on him. He is relatively new to the game and many forget that Malik was not the game wrecker he was near the beginning either. Ultimately what we as fans should want to see is just steady progression and steady improvements.
    You're right, at the time QB was definitely a need because we didn't know what we had in Manning. Hindsight is always 20/20, but imagine if we had drafted Lavonte David instead of Brock and instead of Ronnie Hillman, we drafted Russell Wilson, who went shortly after Hillman.

I'm very happy with the player Danny T was for us, but he's no Lavonte David. It's pretty self explanatory how much better of a QB Wilson is than Brock.

Don't get me started on Latimer lol he's been such a wasted pick it's not even funny. Honestly, I hope he's not on our roster this year. I don't want a second round WR only thriving as a gunner and not being able to contribute on offense. We drafted him to score touchdowns for us, not tackle returners.
    Last edited by Mosk; 04-10-2017 at 07:58 AM.

You're right, at the time QB was definitely a need because we didn't know what we had in Manning. Hindsight is always 20/20, but imagine if we had drafted Lavonte David instead of Brock and instead of Ronnie Hillman, we drafted Russell Wilson, who went shortly after Hillman.

I'm very happy with the player Danny T was for us, but he's no Lavonte David. It's pretty self explanatory how much better of a QB Wilson is than Brock.

Don't get me started on Latimer lol he's been such a wasted pick it's not even funny. Honestly, I hope he's not on our roster this year. I don't want a second round WR only thriving as a gunner and not being able to contribute on offense. We drafted him to score touchdowns for us, not tackle returners.
    That's perfectly true, but it's helpful to remember the context of the 2012 draft when it comes to QBs. If I'm not mistaken, all NFL teams passed on Russell Wilson at least once and most of them passed him up twice.

The Rams passed on Russell Wilson five times since they had three second round picks and went before Seattle in the third. Griffin, Tannehill, Weeden and Osweiler went before Wilson, in that order, and of course Andrew Luck went first overall. The Vikings passed on Russell Wilson three times as did the Bills, the Jags and the Chiefs.

At least Denver got five wins out of Osweiler in 2015 still on his rookie contract, and didn't get stuck with overpaying him afterward. It may be safe to say that drafting is a human art, not an exact science.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Well, this is interesting. For the first time that I recall OT Ryan Ramczyk is edging out OT Garett Bolles for our first round pick. Here's the chart:

~In Partibus Infidelium~

Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    Well, this is interesting. For the first time that I recall OT Ryan Ramczyk is edging out OT Garett Bolles for our first round pick. Here's the chart:

It's about time!!!

CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    It's about time!!!
    I don't remember when it happened last year but as we get closer to draft day they'll start dropping the data from the older mocks off of the pie charts.I think during the week leading up to it they only count mocks done within ten days or something like that. It's still just data collected from various mocks, but it's kind of fun.
    ~In Partibus Infidelium~

Well OT Ramczyk is pulling pretty far ahead in the consensus now. Up to 37.5% with OT Bolles down to 27.5% - 10% for OL Lamp and 8.8% for OT Robinson/RB McCaffrey:

~In Partibus Infidelium~

Well OT Ramczyk is pulling pretty far ahead in the consensus now. Up to 37.5% with OT Bolles down to 27.5% - 10% for OL Lamp and 8.8% for OT Robinson/RB McCaffrey:

As others have said I'd be curious if they have in fact removed their initial data from their concensus picks here. It would be a shame if they had done that as in many respects it undermines the concept of their idea...

As others have said I'd be curious if they have in fact removed their initial data from their concensus picks here. It would be a shame if they had done that as in many respects it undermines the concept of their idea...
    As I understand it the chart is based on a list of mocks that are updated at irregular intervals. As draft day approaches a lot of mocks get updated very often to attract web traffic, and last year the authors dropped older mocks during draft week. These pie charts are supposed to be snapshots reflecting a consensus of what mocks are saying on any given day.
    ~In Partibus Infidelium~

Goodness could you imagine if we had Osemele, Kelce, A-Rob, and Ali Marpet out of those picks?
    2016 Adopt-A-Bronco is Chris Harris, Jr.

As I understand it the chart is based on a list of mocks that are updated at irregular intervals. As draft day approaches a lot of mocks get updated very often to attract web traffic, and last year the authors dropped older mocks during draft week. These pie charts are supposed to be snapshots reflecting a consensus of what mocks are saying on any given day.
    That is very much my point though in order for these to be better it should hold onto both iterations of people's drafts. A holistic sampling regardless of which version they'd like to put out there.

That is very much my point though in order for these to be better it should hold onto both iterations of people's drafts. A holistic sampling regardless of which version they'd like to put out there.
    For the most part people aren't going to want old mock draft info. The fresher the mock the better. So they're putting out what they think people will want to click on.
    ~In Partibus Infidelium~

How would you (anyone) feel if on Thursday, the Broncos drafted Corey Davis at 20?