NFL Owners Approve Raider Move to Vegas

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/raider...180842628.html

Looks like a major hurdle has just been cleared with the owners voting support.

Personally, I lived in the Bay Area over 50 years and while I maintain a typical Bronco hatred of all things silver & black, I give props to their loyal Oakland fans who have supported them through good times and bad. I just can't imagine the bay area Raider fans remaining loyal to a team who's father and now son have both screwed them over and run for the cash. My brother-in-law is the most loyal Raider (A's & Warriors) fan I know and he's told me he'd still support them in Vegas...

I'm curious how other Raider fans feel now that Vegas is one huge step closer?
    "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
    PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!

I'm no Raider fan. I'm not even an NFL really anymore. I think it's horrible when any team moves. I was angry about the Chargers move and now I'm angry about the Raiders move. There is no loyalty at all in the NFL, a team can decide to move and NFL owners give it their rubber stamp approval like it was nothing.

I hope that the attendance of Raider games falls flat in all their greedy faces this year.

I dont gamble and not a fan of the "lady joints"... I guess this gives me an excuse to actually go to Vegas once a year!
    Mark my words, Trevor Siemian will be much improved after this offseason and will remain the Broncos QB1 in 2017. - Dec '16

Just a friendly reminder. This is a smack-free zone. Keep it nice, please.
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    I dont gamble and not a fan of the "lady joints"... I guess this gives me an excuse to actually go to Vegas once a year!
    When I was writing my post, you weren't here.

My comment was to everyone in general.
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

I'm cool with it since I don't live in Oakland. Heck I'm battle tested with the Great Los Angeles Escape of '82.

I only worry about the easy access to get to and from Vegas on a whim. The one thing Oakland will offer that Vegas can't is the die hard fans. But the Raider brand itself is strong so they can probably make what appears to be a flimsy market a solid hardcore Raiders market.

I can't imagine what the Oakland natives feel like. I can't even fathom the Yankees moving. I could care less if the Knicks moved. In face, Knicks, please move!

Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    I'm cool with it since I don't live in Oakland. Heck I'm battle tested with the Great Los Angeles Escape of '82.

I only worry about the easy access to get to and from Vegas on a whim. The one thing Oakland will offer that Vegas can't is the die hard fans. But the Raider brand itself is strong so they can probably make what appears to be a flimsy market a solid hardcore Raiders market.

I can't imagine what the Oakland natives feel like. I can't even fathom the Yankees moving. I could care less if the Knicks moved. In face, Knicks, please move!
    Considering a lot - A LOT - of die hard fans are in the general LA and surrounding areas, a trip to Vegas on a whim is not that far out of the question. 4 - 5 hours from downtown to downtown depending on traffic and speed. From the Inland Empire, even less time. In either case, I'd wager Vegas would be a greater attraction to So. Cal fans than Oakland is (pun intended).

Can the NFL owners not take it one step farther, and approve on a new hair style for Davis?

hilarious how the city of Oakland pulled the exact same stunt San Diego did with their pathetic last second "hail mary" proposal that was met with the same exact middle finger response from the league.

they did that just to make it seem like they tried everything they could to keep the raiders, an obvious political move. what i find odd are these cities and local politicians are getting off Scott free in the media and by the fans, they are just as guilty as the davis, spanos, or the NFL.

Oakland had barely any interest this entire time but now all of a sudden they come up with this viable plan that they know will get rejected anyways because it's too late?

seems legit.

I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Considering a lot - A LOT - of die hard fans are in the general LA and surrounding areas, a trip to Vegas on a whim is not that far out of the question. 4 - 5 hours from downtown to downtown depending on traffic and speed. From the Inland Empire, even less time. In either case, I'd wager Vegas would be a greater attraction to So. Cal fans than Oakland is (pun intended).
    i'm surprised dean spanos and stan kroenke approved it because they gotta be thinking the raiders are dipping into their pool of fans from LA. there are going to be a lot of people making that trip every home game, i wouldn't be surprised if the majority of season ticket holder are LA residents.

that is why it's going to work in vegas.
    Last edited by baphamet; 03-27-2017 at 11:27 PM.

I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

Anybody know which was the one owner that voted against?
    I really like Cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by darth-hideous View Post
    Anybody know which was the one owner that voted against?
    Dolphins owner, Stephen Ross.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...land/99700314/

Only one NFL owner cast a vote Monday opposing the Oakland Raiders' move to Las Vegas.

In a statement after the 31-1 vote, Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross indicated he didn't feel the Raiders had met the relocation criteria by doing all they could to find a workable solution to stay in the Bay Area.

“My position today was that we as owners and as a League owe it to the fans to do everything we can to stay in the communities that have supported us until all options have been exhausted," Ross' statement said. "I want to wish Mark Davis and the Raiders organization the best in Las Vegas.”

I`m a local Bay Area Raider fan and I feel sick. Both sides can share generous amounts of blame. Al and Amy Trask built walls against the old City and County staffs and I dont believe Mark tried very hard with the current City and county staffs. Both sides have had 20 years to work something out. I can`t support another football team but the NFL has been pushing me away from this game I have loved all my life (52 years) with its constant rule changes, gluttonous contracts, FA, etc......and now this......another team relocated. I`ll follow the Raiders but only casually now as much of my heart has been ripped out. Vegas will work fine for the Raiders as long as they win. If they start sucking again it will be interesting to see how well they will be supported but for now they will draw heavily from the SoCal crowd. I can also see the Raiders losing a great deal of home field advantage because since it is Vegas, opposing team fans will fly in for a weekend of Vegas plus a game. I wouldn`t be surprised if it becomes a 70/30 or even a 60/40 crowd. We shall see. I`m bitter towards Mark Davis and the City of Oakland but I despise the NFL ie: Goodell and the owners for letting this happen.
    Last edited by jwhitt1; 03-30-2017 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jwhitt1 View Post
    I`m a local Bay Area Raider fan and I feel sick. Both sides can share generous amounts of blame. Al and Amy Trask built walls against the old City and County staffs and I dont believe Mark tried very hard with the current City and county staffs. Both sides have had 20 years to work something out. I can`t support another football team but the NFL has been pushing me away from this game I have loved all my life (52 years) with its constant rule changes, gluttonous contracts, FA, etc......and now this......another team relocated. I`ll follow the Raiders but only casually now as much of my heart has been ripped out. Vegas will work fine for the Raiders as long as they win. If they start sucking again it will be interesting to see how well they will be supported but for now they will draw heavily from the SoCal crowd. I can also see the Raiders losing a great deal of home field advantage because since it is Vegas, opposing team fans will fly in for a weekend of Vegas plus a game. I wouldn`t be surprised if it becomes a 70/30 or even a 60/40 crowd. We shall see. I`m bitter towards Mark Davis and the City of Oakland but I despise the NFL ie: Goodell and the owners for letting this happen.
    I feel for you, I really do. I can't even imagine.

But, with all due respect, they were playing in an old stadium that they had to share with the baseball team. Who else does that these days in the NFL. The city had plenty of time to work out a stadium deal and they did not. Was Mark suppose to just keep going as it was. He had the chance to get a much better situation for his franchise, and his team with a new stadium dedicated to them and a city that was willing to do whatever it took to get them there. And Mark made some money doing it. How could you expect anyone in their right mind to turn that down when the offer on the other end is nothing except returning to a crappy stadium and a crappy situation. You might be the most dedicated Raider fan in the world and I bet if you were in his shoes you would have done the same thing. The City new the consequences, it has happened time and again with other teams and has been talked about for years specifically in Oakland.

When it comes to how the stands will look in Vegas, you might be right, we shall see. Then again maybe the new home town crowd will start filling them along with old Raider fans who will travel there. Either way, I doubt the NFL is too worried about that aspect, I believe the TV money is what matters.

As for Roger Goodell and the other owners, what were they suppose to do? Were they suppose to tell the Raiders that they had to stay in their crappy situation with no stadium or alternative on the horizon. Especially after Chargers and Rams just moving into brand new facilities. I doubt any of the other owners would have liked to have been put in that situation with their team so why would they do it to another. And honestly its probably what is best for the NFL over all "considering the circumstances".

The only part I worry about in all this is the young players coming in the league and moving their. People keep saying you can find the same things in other cities if you want too and that is true. But it is a lot easier and in more excess there. But we shall see.

And of course I feel bad for fans in Oakland. It really sucks. The next yr to 2 yrs will probably be very rough.
    Last edited by FL BRONCO; 03-31-2017 at 06:20 PM.

CHILDREN ARE THE RAINBOW OF LIFE
    GRANDCHILDREN ARE THE POT OF GOLD

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    I feel for you, I really do. I can't even imagine.

But, with all due respect, they were playing in an old stadium that they had to share with the baseball team. Who else does that these days in the NFL. The city had plenty of time to work out a stadium deal and they did not. Was Mark suppose to just keep going as it was. He had the chance to get a much better situation for his franchise, and his team with a new stadium dedicated to them and a city that was willing to do whatever it took to get them there. And Mark made some money doing it. How could you expect anyone in their right mind to turn that down when the offer on the other end is nothing except returning to a crappy stadium and a crappy situation. You might be the most dedicated Raider fan in the world and I bet if you were in his shoes you would have done the same thing. The City new the consequences, it has happened time and again with other teams and has been talked about for years specifically in Oakland.

When it comes to how the stands will look in Vegas, you might be right, we shall see. Then again maybe the new home town crowd will start filling them along with old Raider fans who will travel there. Either way, I doubt the NFL is too worried about that aspect, I believe the TV money is what matters.

As for Roger Goodell and the other owners, what were they suppose to do? Were they suppose to tell the Raiders that they had to stay in their crappy situation with no stadium or alternative on the horizon. Especially after Chargers and Rams just moving into brand new facilities. I doubt any of the other owners would have liked to have been put in that situation with their team so why would they do it to another. And honestly its probably what is best for the NFL over all "considering the circumstances".

The only part I worry about in all this is the young players coming in the league and moving their. People keep saying you can find the same things in other cities if you want too and that is true. But it is a lot easier and in more excess there. But we shall see.

And of course I feel bad for fans in Oakland. It really sucks. The next yr to 2 yrs will probably be very rough.
    Again, I blame both sides for not getting anything done in 20 years. However since Al died, Mark on camera would say, "Oakland is my first priority!" ...and then board a plane to LA, Carson, Irwindale, San Antonio, and finally Las Vegas. I wonder if he had put the same effort to work with Libby if there was a chance. I truly believe in my heart Mark was looking elsewhere the minute Al died. Having said that, of course I don`t blame him for saying yes to a check for nearly $ 1 billion dollars, but it doesn`t make it right. And my anger with the owners is taking the easy way out rather than putting more pressure on the City and Mark to work things out. The Bay Area I believe is the 6th highest TV market in the US. Vegas is 30th or 40th.....