Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 79
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    25,954
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    ummm because you cherry picked one single paragraph out of it...not saying its possible, or its going to...its also completely possible that eli manning will win a third SB

    its completely possible the broncos will win another this year

    its completely possible bortles will emerge as one of the best qbs in the game

    its also completely possible they will clone a mammoth soon
    you missed the point entirely and i even underlined the important part. "completely possible with this roster'

    why would he say "with this roster" about a 5 win team? hmmm....maybe it's because he is unlike you clueless broncos fans and doesn't judge teams based on record alone? maybe he actually knew that they were a decimated team and they actually do have a lot of talent?

    the "cherry picked" part of the article was unrelated to the article, i was just posting it to prove a point. you are all incapable of looking past stats and win loss records because all you know is broncos football.

    this happens a lot around here, like you and the way you judge pass rushers by sack stats alone. i still think it's comical that you believe only 1 out of 1000 times does a QB pressure affect the outcome of a play

    pure cluelessness.


    I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    25,954
    Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    New season with new staff...... Games haven't even been played yet...... That's all I'm saying. I don't care if they're running the same program offensively, it's a new coach who will want things ran his way.... That's all I'm saying.
    i know what you are saying, you took me literal and i think i answered that part in my response. of course it's not literally the only way but in my mind it is very very likely the only way and if the chargers have better luck with injuries and get better play from the OL yet still only win 5 games? feel free to tell me i was dead wrong. if that were to happen i will lose all hope for this team for the near future.

    but as far as the coaching change goes, i don't think you fully understand. the chargers kept their OC and are not changing their offense at all, that's huge. it's not the same in Denver, even though mike mccoy is familiar with some of the guys and shouldn't have a problem adjusting because that's what he does well as an OC.

    the only real change is defensively, that i will say for sure. but again, that gus bradley defense will be easier to run than what they have been running with pagano. pagono's defense is complicated with a lot of disguises and stuff.

    not gus bradley and every player interview i have seen all mention how simple it is going to be. they do for sure need a new speedy safety for it to work well IMO


    I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    12,806
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    you missed the point entirely and i even underlined the important part. "completely possible with this roster'

    why would he say "with this roster" about a 5 win team? hmmm....maybe it's because he is unlike you clueless broncos fans and doesn't judge teams based on record alone? maybe he actually knew that they were a decimated team and they actually do have a lot of talent?

    the "cherry picked" part of the article was unrelated to the article, i was just posting it to prove a point. you are all incapable of looking past stats and win loss records because all you know is broncos football.

    this happens a lot around here, like you and the way you judge pass rushers by sack stats alone. i still think it's comical that you believe only 1 out of 1000 times does a QB pressure affect the outcome of a play

    pure cluelessness.
    and again...it don't mean crap...just a beat writer churning out stories league wide. just like your fantasy pressure metric stats you used to proclaim a 1/2 sack rotational guy was one of the best pass rushers in the league ...you take a little bit of good that you see and run full blast

    I can post this https://www.usatoday.com/videos/spor...ense/99178042/
    I mean its completely possible in fact probable that the bronco defense will be better this season than last, right

    its also completely possible your glass RB, glass wrs, glass lbrs, glass Cb...have off years, that mebane never recovers to his former dominance much less his lessor abilitiy he showed last season

    you again as usual use your hypothetical with the bolts...you use all the late season injuries as the only reason you were 5-11...and completely disregard the 1-4 start with a
    healthy team

    its completely possible based off the past two seasons that the bolts will still be sub .500

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    25,954
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    and again...it don't mean crap...just a beat writer churning out stories league wide. just like your fantasy pressure metric stats you used to proclaim a 1/2 sack rotational guy was one of the best pass rushers in the league ...you take a little bit of good that you see and run full blast
    except that ingram has developed into a top 10 edge rusher in the NFL, hasn't he?

    i always said we seen flashes of greatness from ingram, he just couldn't stay healthy. you guys talked smack to me for that "flashes" comment yet i was right all along.

    he's been healthy the past two years and has played at a pretty high level. so you might not want to bring up me being right to try to prove a point, especially when you claim i am wrong 95% of the time

    again, my only point was that the dude didn't just look at win loss records and come to a sweeping conclusion based off of that alone like so many of you broncos fans do around here. whether he is right or wrong matters not and was not the point.

    he realizes that the chargers actually do have a lot of talent, something you want to refuse to accept or just don't realize because you just look at stat sheets and win loss records.

    you want to believe that the bolts just suck, they just don't have the players and that's why they have not won a lot of games. that's what you want to believe and that is why you are ignoring what i'm saying and just referring to their win loss record and that's it.

    especially coming from you who always uses the injury excuse when it's the broncos we are talking about and the broncos have never been decimated over a 3 year span like the chargers have, at least not in the last 15 to 20 years.

    I can post this https://www.usatoday.com/videos/spor...ense/99178042/
    I mean its completely possible in fact probable that the bronco defense will be better this season than last, right
    possible? yes....probable? tell me why. ive told you why i think what i think with reasoning behind it. i'm not just saying crap with no rhyme or reason behind it. ive been saying the same things the past few years because it still holds true today, if they can stay on the field and at least improve along the OL, they will be a playoff team, period.

    the question remains, can they stay relatively healthy and improve along the OL?

    its also completely possible your glass RB, glass wrs, glass lbrs, glass Cb...have off years, that mebane never recovers to his former dominance much less his lessor abilitiy he showed last season
    why would they have off years? if you would have simply said it's possible they have the same injury woes i would have been on board with that. but why would they have off years if they are healthy? tell me why you think the chargers players will have off years since you seem to be convinced they will.

    ive said numerous times that if the chargers continue to have their injury woes they might only win 5 games again and yes i have said it is a definitely possibility.

    my opinion is though that they can't continue to have bad luck like that, especially when they completely changed their strength and conditioning program and head coach, they are doing whatever they can to change it at least.

    you again as usual use your hypothetical with the bolts...you use all the late season injuries as the only reason you were 5-11...and completely disregard the 1-4 start with a
    healthy team

    its completely possible based off the past two seasons that the bolts will still be sub .500
    like hell i have dismissed it, that 1-4 choke start is what got mike mccoy fired IMO. because if not for that the dude would have gotten a pass due to all those injuries. i have not once said the only reason they lost games was due to injury, the chargers OL was one of the more healthy units and i blame them a lot for the losing.

    did you watch any of those early games? did you see how potent they were on offense only to choke those games away? go look at the first couple of games where they were blowing playoff teams out of the water then choking......then go see how different they were the last few games.

    that's what sending 20+ guys to IR will do to any team.

    yes it's possible they might be sub .500 this year, not sure why you think i'm saying my opinion is absolute, it's just my opinion.

    all i'm saying is in order for that to happen they will need to lose a large portion of their best players and have arguably the worst OL in the NFL again.
    Last edited by baphamet; 04-12-2017 at 02:28 PM.


    I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    12,806
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    except that ingram has developed into a top 10 edge rusher in the NFL, hasn't he?

    i always said we seen flashes of greatness from ingram, he just couldn't stay healthy. you guys talked smack to me for that "flashes" comment yet i was right all along.

    he's been healthy the past two years and has played at a pretty high level. so you might not want to bring up me being right to try to prove a point, especially when you claim i am wrong 95% of the time

    again, my only point was that the dude didn't just look at win loss records and come to a sweeping conclusion based off of that alone like so many of you broncos fans do around here. whether he is right or wrong matters not and was not the point.

    he realizes that the chargers actually do have a lot of talent, something you want to refuse to accept or just don't realize because you just look at stat sheets and win loss records.

    you want to believe that the bolts just suck, they just don't have the players and that's why they have not won a lot of games. that's what you want to believe and that is why you are ignoring what i'm saying and just referring to their win loss record and that's it.

    especially coming from you who always uses the injury excuse when it's the broncos we are talking about and the broncos have never been decimated over a 3 year span like the chargers have, at least not in the last 15 to 20 years.



    possible? yes....probable? tell me why. ive told you why i think what i think with reasoning behind it. i'm not just saying crap with no rhyme or reason behind it. ive been saying the same things the past few years because it still holds true today, if they can stay on the field and at least improve along the OL, they will be a playoff team, period.

    the question remains, can they stay relatively healthy and improve along the OL?



    why would they have off years? if you would have simply said it's possible they have the same injury woes i would have been on board with that. but why would they have off years if they are healthy? tell me why you think the chargers players will have off years since you seem to be convinced they will.

    ive said numerous times that if the chargers continue to have their injury woes they might only win 5 games again and yes i have said it is a definitely possibility.

    my opinion is though that they can't continue to have bad luck like that, especially when they completely changed their strength and conditioning program and head coach, they are doing whatever they can to change it at least.



    like hell i have dismissed it, that 1-4 choke start is what got mike mccoy fired IMO. because if not for that the dude would have gotten a pass due to all those injuries. i have not once said the only reason they lost games was due to injury, the chargers OL was one of the more healthy units and i blame them a lot for the losing.

    did you watch any of those early games? did you see how potent they were on offense only to choke those games away? go look at the first couple of games where they were blowing playoff teams out of the water then choking......then go see how different they were the last few games.

    that's what sending 20+ guys to IR will do to any team.

    yes it's possible they might be sub .500 this year, not sure why you think i'm saying my opinion is absolute, it's just my opinion.

    all i'm saying is in order for that to happen they will need to lose a large portion of their best players and have arguably the worst OL in the NFL again.
    ok...show me where ingram is considered a top ten pass rusher???
    nfl.com stats

    pass rusher sacks hes 22nd

    LBR sacks hes 12th

    flashes......sure that's how you explained it back when you used a fantasy metric (pressures per snap) article to say he was top ten from his almost sacks
    but if ingram is top 10...then so is shane ray right? ray had the same amount of sacks and 12 less tackles...but did it in 294 less snaps...he has 12 sacks in his first two seasons compared to ingrams 2


    so the guy who wrote the story about rivers and romos similarities...is an expert on predicting the results of a win loss record had certain players not got injured...wow that's an amazing talent for sure

    my point is you say the same thing every year, you just add a different excuse...every team has injuries...every single team has key players miss games or lost...the bolts are not the only one like you pretend...in fact I recall in 2008 when the broncos had a huge string of injuries...you stated...unless the player is a probowl level player...a injury or loss of player doesn't mean nothing, because its not like your losing an elite player

    matter of fact I'm pretty sure when the 2013 broncos lost
    champ 11 games
    wolfe
    R moore
    Von miller
    chris harris
    K vickerson
    Q carter
    D Koppen
    Clady

    and still made it to the superbowl and severely missed those defensive stars...you said a different story than now when crying about the bolts injuries somehow made you a 5 win team

    every team has injuries...GOOD TEAMS FIGHT THRU IT...BAD TEAMS GO 5-11

  6. #66
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    142
    Curious how much of a home field advantage the "Vegas" Raiders will still have? Being that Vegas is a destination travel spot, how many Bronco fans will make it an annual trip for a Bronco/Raider game now? Chiefs Planet already started a thread discussing travel plans for Vegas/chiefs games.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    25,954
    Quote Originally Posted by jwhitt1 View Post
    Curious how much of a home field advantage the "Vegas" Raiders will still have? Being that Vegas is a destination travel spot, how many Bronco fans will make it an annual trip for a Bronco/Raider game now? Chiefs Planet already started a thread discussing travel plans for Vegas/chiefs games.
    one thing i will say that people are not considering is the large LA raider fan base that will make the trip every week. heck, i'm guessing a large portion of season ticket holders will be LA residents.


    I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,486
    Quote Originally Posted by jwhitt1 View Post
    Curious how much of a home field advantage the "Vegas" Raiders will still have? Being that Vegas is a destination travel spot, how many Bronco fans will make it an annual trip for a Bronco/Raider game now? Chiefs Planet already started a thread discussing travel plans for Vegas/chiefs games.
    IF they can keep Carr healthy and IF they can maintain their current trend (and last season wasn't a fluke), then I would expect area residents to jump onto the bandwagon. Everyone loves a winner. And as Baphs noted, nearby LA with its burgeoning crowd of excon gangstas will represent so I would expect greater representation of silver & black than rival colors in the stands.
    Superbowl 50 MVP defeats 2015 League MVP, Feb. 7th, 2016

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    25,954
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    ok...show me where ingram is considered a top ten pass rusher???
    nfl.com stats

    pass rusher sacks hes 22nd

    LBR sacks hes 12th

    flashes......sure that's how you explained it back when you used a fantasy metric (pressures per snap) article to say he was top ten from his almost sacks
    but if ingram is top 10...then so is shane ray right? ray had the same amount of sacks and 12 less tackles...but did it in 294 less snaps...he has 12 sacks in his first two seasons compared to ingrams 2
    since i know you just pay attention to sack numbers to determine how good a pass rusher is, in the last two seasons when he has been healthy, he is 7th among linebackers in sacks alone.

    http://www.pro-football-reference.co...=k&draft_pos=p

    he also finished 10th in QB pressures in 2015 and 4th in 2016.

    so yes, he has developed into a top 10 edge rusher and PFF had him at #6 last year as well. he was listed as the #1 FA by many before being tagged for a reason, just two years ago nobody would have cared.

    by the way, shane ray is nowhere to be found on either of those lists, you can read the whole BR article if you like.

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ee-agent-money

    i know you just will never accept defeat after smack talking my opinion about ingram all those years, but at some point you will have to face the fact that i was right all along and you have a lot to learn about football

    so the guy who wrote the story about rivers and romos similarities...is an expert on predicting the results of a win loss record had certain players not got injured...wow that's an amazing talent for sure
    that's not what i said or the point i was making. my only point in posting that is he claimed that he chargers had "the players to do it" why would anyone say that? if they simply look at win loss record and make a sweeping generalization from that alone, like you are doing.

    i think you know how idiotic that is and using that logic your team has no chance to get back to the playoffs because they missed the playoffs last season and are trending down no matter what the situation is.

    it's dumb arapaho logic at it's worst.

    my point is you say the same thing every year, you just add a different excuse...every team has injuries...every single team has key players miss games or lost...the bolts are not the only one like you pretend...in fact I recall in 2008 when the broncos had a huge string of injuries...you stated...unless the player is a probowl level player...a injury or loss of player doesn't mean nothing, because its not like your losing an elite player

    matter of fact I'm pretty sure when the 2013 broncos lost
    champ 11 games
    wolfe
    R moore
    Von miller
    chris harris
    K vickerson
    Q carter
    D Koppen
    Clady

    and still made it to the superbowl and severely missed those defensive stars...you said a different story than now when crying about the bolts injuries somehow made you a 5 win team

    every team has injuries...GOOD TEAMS FIGHT THRU IT...BAD TEAMS GO 5-11
    i said the same thing lats year because it still holds true to this day.

    nope, your team didn't lose all those guys for the season and early at that, that is nowhere near the same thing. yes all teams have injuries, all teams do not have injuries like the chargers have had the last two years, in fact only the chargers have.

    that 23 guys they lost to IR did not include regular injuries that didn't force them to go on IR, that's just IR alone. just go look at the injury reports and even that is bad which doesn't include IR.

    as of December 1st 2013, the broncos had 9 guys on IR, not even half as many lol

    http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com...s-by-team-2013

    also, that 2013 broncos team was an offensive powerhouse and you didn't lose much on that side of the ball, did you? oh and i remember a lot of excuse making for injuries after that game as well, you probably were hiding though like usual as you say nothing here unless it's in response to what i say. lol

    if you want to stick your head in the sand and pretend that the chargers just have all bad players and are basically the browns, that's your issue. it's not reality and most unbiased knowledgeable people know that if they can stay healthy they have a good nucleus of players.

    the only factor that doesn't involve injuries is the play of the OL, which is a big factor of course and i have mentioned that a lot here. even if the chargers do stay a lot more healthy, they are going to have to improve that OL, i am not denying that part one bit.
    Last edited by baphamet; 04-17-2017 at 10:06 AM.


    I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Rawlins, Wyoming
    Posts
    1,504
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    one thing i will say that people are not considering is the large LA raider fan base that will make the trip every week. heck, i'm guessing a large portion of season ticket holders will be LA residents.
    Maybe, maybe not though. I live 4 hours from the Broncos and am not able to make the trip for home games

    Cost of travel, $100 (gas guzzler truck)
    cost of motels on game days $200 maybe more even
    Cost of food for two days in Denver $70 - $100 probably more (family of three)
    Cost of Tickets $200 + per person

    Now that being said.

    Oakland Fans living in Oakland do not have to incur those charges to make home games, and the tickets are probably fairly cheap since that stadium is very old. but once they move to Vegas it will be a much different story, Vegas is probably close to 4 hours from LA not sure though. And motels may be cheaper in Vegas than Denver, again Not sure I have never been to Vegas, but I would bet my wallet that the ticket prices are going to soar with the new staduim.

    I will say that there are Raiders fans all over America so it is likely that they have a good base there in Vegas, and they will likely pick up some local fans now since there will be a local team, but going from way cheaper tickets at the Colosseum to mega priced tickets in Vegas is going to be a big factor in whether LA/Oak fans travel weekly to the games.
    GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    12,806
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    since i know you just pay attention to sack numbers to determine how good a pass rusher is, in the last two seasons when he has been healthy, he is 7th among linebackers in sacks alone.

    http://www.pro-football-reference.co...=k&draft_pos=p

    he also finished 10th in QB pressures in 2015 and 4th in 2016.

    so yes, he has developed into a top 10 edge rusher and PFF had him at #6 last year as well. he was listed as the #1 FA by many before being tagged for a reason, just two years ago nobody would have cared.

    by the way, shane ray is nowhere to be found on either of those lists, you can read the whole BR article if you like.

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ee-agent-money

    i know you just will never accept defeat after smack talking my opinion about ingram all those years, but at some point you will have to face the fact that i was right all along and you have a lot to learn about football



    that's not what i said or the point i was making. my only point in posting that is he claimed that he chargers had "the players to do it" why would anyone say that? if they simply look at win loss record and make a sweeping generalization from that alone, like you are doing.

    i think you know how idiotic that is and using that logic your team has no chance to get back to the playoffs because they missed the playoffs last season and are trending down no matter what the situation is.

    it's dumb arapaho logic at it's worst.



    i said the same thing lats year because it still holds true to this day.

    nope, your team didn't lose all those guys for the season and early at that, that is nowhere near the same thing. yes all teams have injuries, all teams do not have injuries like the chargers have had the last two years, in fact only the chargers have.

    that 23 guys they lost to IR did not include regular injuries that didn't force them to go on IR, that's just IR alone. just go look at the injury reports and even that is bad which doesn't include IR.

    as of December 1st 2013, the broncos had 9 guys on IR, not even half as many lol

    http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com...s-by-team-2013

    also, that 2013 broncos team was an offensive powerhouse and you didn't lose much on that side of the ball, did you? oh and i remember a lot of excuse making for injuries after that game as well, you probably were hiding though like usual as you say nothing here unless it's in response to what i say. lol

    if you want to stick your head in the sand and pretend that the chargers just have all bad players and are basically the browns, that's your issue. it's not reality and most unbiased knowledgeable people know that if they can stay healthy they have a good nucleus of players.

    the only factor that doesn't involve injuries is the play of the OL, which is a big factor of course and i have mentioned that a lot here. even if the chargers do stay a lot more healthy, they are going to have to improve that OL, i am not denying that part one bit.
    so...two years is a career huh? because he had a single double digit sack year...hes top ten?...in melvins 5 years he produced 24.5 sacks...compared to 60 in vons first 5 years
    chandler jones 47 in 4
    mack 30 in 3
    RK....58.6 in 6
    VB..19.5 in 2
    WM...37.5 5

    consistency is lacking yet
    but by bragging about pressures...you mean like a pressure that can still result in a TD, a first down, a long play, or can have absolutely no impact...pressures can mean a lot...they can mean nothing

    by the way shane ray...is on his way showing more than barney ever did....oh I mean he's flashed more

    barney as a 4th and 5th year seasoned vet...1 sack every 106 defensive snaps ( rush plays included)played in his last two seasons
    ray 1 sack every 83 defensive snaps (rush plays included)
    ray as a rookie has eclipsed barneys 2 sacks in first 2 seasons as well as as his 6 sacks in his first 3 seasons with 12
    barney had 41 solo tackles in his first 3 seasons...ray has 48 solo in his first 2



    in fact ray as a second year player...had only 4 sacks less than melvins first 4 seasons

    yes the 2013 team was a power house on offense...but as you know the team includes defense

    now you can keep claiming unheard of 4th string players in your little boo hoo IR fable
    but I will go with starters and key role players
    KA missed 14
    woodhead, 14
    flowers 6
    attacho...5
    teo 13
    mebane...6

    compared to the 2013 broncos
    starting center koppen 16 games
    SLT clady....14 games
    starting safety...9 games
    starting DT...8 games
    von 8 games total

    good teams overcome

  12. #72
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    142
    Yes many from SoCal will travel to Vegas........as long as the Raiders are winning. If they start losing, how long will it take to look like San Diego did last year where 90% of the stadium was opposing fans?

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the treasure valley, Idaho
    Posts
    15,418
    Flights all over the northwest to Vegas are dirt cheap. I'll try to go to the Denver games. I can fly down and back and stay in a cheap casino; add in a ticket and food and I'll only be into it for $500.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,486
    Quote Originally Posted by jwhitt1 View Post
    Yes many from SoCal will travel to Vegas........as long as the Raiders are winning. If they start losing, how long will it take to look like San Diego did last year where 90% of the stadium was opposing fans?
    I believe that part of Nevada is in the Raiders' Regional TV broadcasting market. Can any Vegas (or Reno) residents here say which AFC team (if any) has gotten preference for Sunday games on CBS? If it's the Raiders', then they will have a larger resident fan base in most of Nevada than people realize just from exposure.

    IF these maps (below) that I found are correct, then part of Nevada is also Broncos Country (gotta love the sheer size of it!), and the western part of the state has been Raiders territory.



    And the south where Vegas is located is AFC neutral(?) and Cowboys' territory at least for their NFC market. And (oddly) Giants' secondary:



    There's other interesting maps on that page, but I wish they were updated.

    Which NFL Team Are You Stuck Watching Every Sunday?


    So there could be a substantial amount of orange in their stadium if they they've been televising most Broncos games in the past and building that fanbase and if folks from Northeast Nevada show up.
    Last edited by LynchMobster; 04-24-2017 at 05:36 PM.
    Superbowl 50 MVP defeats 2015 League MVP, Feb. 7th, 2016

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    12,806
    I wonder who will have more fan support the las vegas raiders...or the los angeles JV team

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •