• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WYBRONCO
    Football Immortal
    • May 2016

Would Elway actually go QB at 20?

Ok this is not my idea. I troll Mock Drafts daily. This is the first time I have seen anyone mock a QB for us at 20.

This year’s running back class is stacked — and there’s still a chance that no ball carriers get picked in the first round. What kind of ripple effect would that have on the rest of the draft?

I see his logic, Trubisky too good to pass on but really? I think someone takes him way before 20 anyway, not that they should. He has some lineman going very early as well.
  • Freyaka
    Football Immortal
    • Jan 2007

No way we go QB two years in a row...No way at all. We aren't the Browns.
    sigpic

Comment

• WYBRONCO
      Football Immortal
      • May 2016

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
      No way we go QB two years in a row...No way at all. We aren't the Browns.
      Sorry either the link updated to Reddick or I linked to the wrong website. Geesh. I totally agree with you.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article...gency-spending.

This seems to be the right link now. Once again sorry for confusion, I am having a Monday on a Tuesday.
      Last edited by WYBRONCO; 03-28-2017, 09:44 AM.

Comment

• joshmack93
        Practice Squad
        • Mar 2012

I could see us adding a qb in the draft, but I highly doubt it will be in the first round. Elway knew Lynch was going to be a project, don't see him giving up on Paxton after 1 year.

Comment

• Rich_C
          Captain
          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by joshmack93 View Post
          I could see us adding a qb in the draft, but I highly doubt it will be in the first round. Elway knew Lynch was going to be a project, don't see him giving up on Paxton after 1 year.
          I agree. The only way I see this happening is if we trade Trevor to a QB needy team. Even then though I'd be surprised if we went QB in round 1 as I think Elway would likely see more value at that position in rounds 2 or later.

Comment

• Diggs4
            Practice Squad
            • Dec 2004

I think we will absolutely take a QB at some point in the draft with the expectation that we deal Trev or Lynch next year.

I just dont think there is anyway we keep both when there is always QB needy teams, and whoever is left over next year will need a back up.

Comment

• Butler By'Note
              Super Moderator
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Diggs4 View Post
              I think we will absolutely take a QB at some point in the draft with the expectation that we deal Trev or Lynch next year.

I just dont think there is anyway we keep both when there is always QB needy teams, and whoever is left over next year will need a back up.
              But right now Denver is one of those QB needy teams, until things work out here, I'm not sure it makes sense to subtract QBs.

As for them drafting a QB at 20, I would hope not. It's been said that not one QB this year is ready to start, they'll all need to sit and mature for at some length of time. So are any of them an upgrade over Lynch and Siemian right now or in August? I could see if there was a can't miss QB sitting there, but if that's the case you're probably going to get several offers for the pick which might be more beneficial.

Comment

• joshmack93
                Practice Squad
                • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Diggs4 View Post

I doubt that they trade Lynch, if anything they will trade Trevor. I don't think it makes sense to use a 1st round pick on Paxton and then turn around and trade him a year later.

Comment

• samparnell
                  Soy Capitan Meshpoint
                  • Nov 2007

Probably not #20. Maybe #238, #252, #253 or UDFA. Need at least three for TC.
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Freyaka
                    Football Immortal
                    • Jan 2007

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                    Probably not #20. Maybe #238, #252, #253 or UDFA. Need at least three for TC.
                    Yep, one will be picked up at some point. It will not be on day 1.
                    sigpic

Comment

• wmp
                      Special Teams
                      • Jan 2011

Day 3, Chad Kelly

Comment

• Broncos-R-Great
                        Hall of Famer
                        • Apr 2009

You people are obsessed with QBs....

Comment

• FL BRONCO
                          Traveling Mod
                          • Mar 2010

Not in this draft.

who the heck for?
                          My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• FL BRONCO
                            Traveling Mod
                            • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                            You people are obsessed with QBs....
                            Just call us the Browns
                            My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• Rich_C
                              Captain
                              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                              But right now Denver is one of those QB needy teams, until things work out here, I'm not sure it makes sense to subtract QBs.

As for them drafting a QB at 20, I would hope not. It's been said that not one QB this year is ready to start, they'll all need to sit and mature for at some length of time. So are any of them an upgrade over Lynch and Siemian right now or in August? I could see if there was a can't miss QB sitting there, but if that's the case you're probably going to get several offers for the pick which might be more beneficial.
                              I agree nearly 100 percent with this but with one exception. If I recall correctly there are 1 or 2 QBS who are very very raw but have good to great arms. As you stated our QB play thus far has been mixed so if one of those types of QBS exist come one of our laterish round picks I could see us valuing the player over the trade offers. If we see Trevor progress just slightly or stay stagnant then I could very well see us trying to move him for picks in 2018 and banking on Lynch and the potential new guy instead.

Comment

Working...
                              X