Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Adam Shaheen (TE) in 2nd Round?

Both Mcshay and Kiper have DEN drafting TE Adam Shaheen in the second round....

6"6.... 280... 4.7 forty.... DIV-2 kid....

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profil...een?id=2558144

I would be real hesitant to take a Division 2 player in the 2nd Round. We took a huge reach last year when we took Gotsis in the 2nd. I don't think the team needs another "Project".

Him and Evan Engram are my two favorite TE prospects so I would love to get him in the 2nd. Broncos definitely need more production from the TE position, especially with two young QBs.

It's kind of odd that such a physical specimen didn't transfer out into a D1 school. He outweighed everyone by 50-100lbs, had 4-6 inches on them. I'm very curious to see him at the next level, but drafting him in the 2nd seems like a reach for sure.

4.79 40 at 280lbs is no joke though.
    Mark my words, Trevor Siemian will be much improved after this offseason and will remain the Broncos QB1 in 2017. - Dec '16

He does not get very good separation. Love his size and hands and speed, but he is only ok at getting open. Maybe they can work with him and get him better. Who knows. Id rather us take Jake Butt. In fact, I have us taking Engram in the 2nd and Butt in the 4th in my Mock In Progress. I LOVE Engram. His speed and separation is Insane! He is like DT only bigger and his acceleration is much faster, plus he is not afraid to work the middle and take a hit. That is what our team needs is some serious speed! Add him and Butt in the 4th on the other side and now we can pass and run out of the same formations. If we end up with kamara, mixon or a few of the other quick RBs, itll definitely set up our offense to be very very lethal.
    For now....
    1. Cam Robinson LT; 2. Evan Engram TE; 3. Joe Mixon/Al Kamara RB; 3B Jarron Jones DE; 4. Jake Butt TE

I think I would go with Evan Ingram over shaheen.

I keep hearing comparisons of Evan Ingram to OJ Howard however they say Ingram is not even in the same conversation with Howard because of his lack of size.

LOL now I wouldn't compare Ingram to Howard, I think Howard is one heck of a TE but Ingram is not small at 6 foot 3 he is the perfect size for an a wide receiver/tight end the hybrid.

Personally, Im a Bucky Hodges fan. I also, like the idea of getting Jake Butt, and "red-shirting" him.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Personally, Im a Bucky Hodges fan. I also, like the idea of getting Jake Butt, and "red-shirting" him.
    Buck is on my list too. I keep wanting us to go Mixon in 2 and Buck in 3, but I am overly obsessed with Evan.
    For now....
    1. Cam Robinson LT; 2. Evan Engram TE; 3. Joe Mixon/Al Kamara RB; 3B Jarron Jones DE; 4. Jake Butt TE

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Buck is on my list too. I keep wanting us to go Mixon in 2 and Buck in 3, but I am overly obsessed with Evan.
    Very good TE prospects in this class. It will be interesting to see what type we target. Next season I think we only have Heurman and Derby under contract.

Why they didn't go with Ingram over Shaheen? That's like the wisest thing to do. Of course Buck's not a bad choice either...

I feel like he would be the second coming of Virgil green. I'll pass on that in the second round especially when you consider who would still be on the board at the TE position a couple people already said bucky and engram. And the talent that can fall later like Michael Roberts who I think is very underrated as sure handed third down and red zone threat and pretty good blocker.

I'm beginning to come around on going for Lamp or Ramzy in the first round.... but, I can see us deciding that there aren't any worthy OL at 20.... or there are better players on the board....

So, we keep hearing how this is a really deep RB and an historically deep TE class.... that we can grab these items in the mid rounds....

But.... if we decide to pass on an OL.... the next best thing is to add 2 playmakers to the offense.... Arm our 2 young QBs with 2 weapons (RB and TE) to compliment DT and ES, knowing we still have CJ, Booker, a young FB and a couple decent TEs.

We would have some weapons.

Still, with CJ and Booker.... I would be more inclined to grab a solid first round OL (Lamp) and grab a TE in the second.

Tough call.

Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    Both Mcshay and Kiper have DEN drafting TE Adam Shaheen in the second round....

6"6.... 280... 4.7 forty.... DIV-2 kid....

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profil...een?id=2558144
    I have him going to us in the 2nd in my mock. He is a very under appreciated draft prospect that I think will surprise a lot of people..

CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    I'm beginning to come around on going for Lamp or Ramzy in the first round.... but, I can see us deciding that there aren't any worthy OL at 20.... or there are better players on the board....

So, we keep hearing how this is a really deep RB and an historically deep TE class.... that we can grab these items in the mid rounds....

But.... if we decide to pass on an OL.... the next best thing is to add 2 playmakers to the offense.... Arm our 2 young QBs with 2 weapons (RB and TE) to compliment DT and ES, knowing we still have CJ, Booker, a young FB and a couple decent TEs.

We would have some weapons.

Still, with CJ and Booker.... I would be more inclined to grab a solid first round OL (Lamp) and grab a TE in the second.

Tough call.
    I like Lamp, and I think he will be a really good player. My only concern now is if we are willing to pull the plug on the other young players we have. Leary will man 1 OG spot, then we have Garcia, McGovern, Schof, and other young players. Do we not give them the chance in the new scheme change? Ultimately, I think it will come down to Garcia and McGovern for the spot opposite Leary. Im not ready to give up on them just yet.

On the subject of TE, does anyone like Hikutini out of Louisville??