Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I wouldn't mind him, but I would rather take Mixon in 2nd and take Everett in 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    I wouldn't mind him, but I would rather take Mixon in 2nd and take Everett in 3rd.
    Ya I'll pass on Mixon in any round.

I was thinking we'd ride out this year with the TEs we have we did trade for Derby and Jeff was a high draft pick but I'm starting to think with how deep this draft is on TE talent we'd be foolish not to get someone. I really like what I see from Engram and if he's there in the second I think we should get him. I'd also like to see us get Jake Butt he's a solid TE with no holes in his game and with his injury could be available in the 4th. Having 2 young TEs like that to develop with Paxton would do wonders for this offence.

Adam Shaheen might be gone by #51.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Ya I'll pass on Mixon in any round.
    I understand your thought process, and to each his own. We all know where one another stand on him. I want a football player. I don't watch football based on what individuals have done in their personal lives. Football is entertainment to me. While I love my broncos, the individuals on the team don't effect my life so as long as there are talented players on the team and the team has success, I don't care what these players do or have done in their personal lives.

Quote Originally Posted by 15thebeast View Post
    I was thinking we'd ride out this year with the TEs we have we did trade for Derby and Jeff was a high draft pick but I'm starting to think with how deep this draft is on TE talent we'd be foolish not to get someone. I really like what I see from Engram and if he's there in the second I think we should get him. I'd also like to see us get Jake Butt he's a solid TE with no holes in his game and with his injury could be available in the 4th. Having 2 young TEs like that to develop with Paxton would do wonders for this offence.
    We already have 2 young TEs. While I like the idea of getting another one, no way do I expend the resources for another when there are other areas of needed depth.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    I would be real hesitant to take a Division 2 player in the 2nd Round. We took a huge reach last year when we took Gotsis in the 2nd. I don't think the team needs another "Project".
    TE is a position which I personally would have likely played if I lived state side but ultimately I will differ to some on here who may wish to correct me. TE - IMO is one of those positions where aside from blocking vs pass catching which seems to be a big distinction in College the position in general is a fairly smooth transition from College to Pro. So ultimately you either have it or you don't. I think Adam has shown that he is capable of making the other D2 guys around him look out of place so that is a good enough reason - IMO for us to look at a guy who had great speed and VERY good size for the position. Also keep in mind that Jeff & Virgil have both been hurt in the last two seasons. Virgil is coming up to a contract year and according to Spotrac he is a UFA in 2018. It would be nice to have an insurance policy.

We already have 2 young TEs. While I like the idea of getting another one, no way do I expend the resources for another when there are other areas of needed depth.
    Yes, we have two young TEs, neither of whom has accomplished anything in the league. Since this is such a deep TE draft class, getting one should be a priority.

Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    Yes, we have two young TEs, neither of whom has accomplished anything in the league. Since this is such a deep TE draft class, getting one should be a priority.
    If you read my post I said the same.

Even though Denver currently has six TEs on the roster, they may draft one because there are a number of good prospects in the pool one of which could be considered BPA at any point.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Even though Denver currently has six TEs on the roster, they may draft one because there are a number of good prospects in the pool one of which could be considered BPA at any point.
    I concur, Sam. This draft appears to have deep talent at TE, RB, and DB. None of these position groups are what I would term "immediate needs" for the Broncos, but I believe this would be a good year to stockpile talent in these areas. I think it will be interesting to watch the early rounds of the draft to see if the Broncos truly draft BPA (TE, RB, DB) or draft BPA based on need (OL, DL, ILB).

Quote Originally Posted by qbronco View Post
    I concur, Sam. This draft appears to have deep talent at TE, RB, and DB. None of these position groups are what I would term "immediate needs" for the Broncos, but I believe this would be a good year to stockpile talent in these areas. I think it will be interesting to watch the early rounds of the draft to see if the Broncos truly draft BPA (TE, RB, DB) or draft BPA based on need (OL, DL, ILB).
    It will be interesting to see what Denver does. If they keep the ten picks, I'm sure they will draft an O-Lineman, a D-Lineman and a Backer, I just don't know when.

Denver has had good luck drafting Backers in later rounds, but they may decide to get one earlier.

Denver actually could use some quality depth in the Secondary, especially at Corner. There are a lot of good Corner prospects, but there are always a bunch of them drafted every year, too. I think they need to pick at least one Corner and a Safety at some point.

Another position with a lot of good prospects is Wide Receiver. I think some of us also expect the Broncos to draft a RB and a TE.

Wasn't too long ago that these boards were blown up because Owen Daniels was slow and couldn't separate from a LB. Based on his description, Adam Shaheen would be like Owen Daniels 2.0. Do we really want to relive that experience?

Pretty much all we have looked at are OTs, TEs, and RBs, with a few DT/DE, ILB, WR and CB......You can be certain we WILL 100% draft at least 1 OT and 1 RB and 1 TE.....And likely a DE....QB will be in there late mid rounds too...I suspect OT will be our first rd pick. I think its Cam if he makes it to us. He or Bolles are going to be tremendous Studs. We meed with Cam today too I think.

Either way, this will be an offensive draft with skill positions targeted. This will be a fun draft. Just sucks we got hosed on the 3rd rd comp pick. Would have been perfect to nab the CB out of CU in the 3rd, along with a RB and TE.
    For now....
    1. Cam Robinson LT; 2. Evan Engram TE; 3. Joe Mixon/Al Kamara RB; 3B Jarron Jones DE; 4. Jake Butt TE

I understand your thought process, and to each his own. We all know where one another stand on him. I want a football player. I don't watch football based on what individuals have done in their personal lives. Football is entertainment to me. While I love my broncos, the individuals on the team don't effect my life so as long as there are talented players on the team and the team has success, I don't care what these players do or have done in their personal lives.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to FlowdaBroncoFan again.