Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to FlowdaBroncoFan again.
    I for one do care about what these guys do in their personal lives as they make a ridiculous amount of money to act like spoiled brats if that is their behavior. I also want these men to represent the Denver Bronco brand with dignity and respect and that goes for on an off the field. I respect those that question Denver drafting/signing certain athletes with violent histories or repeated immature behaviors. I do believe individuals can change and our front office is doing their do diligence in screening potential draft picks. They are helping current team members and making necessary moves when individuals prove to be untrustworthy.

As far as Adam Shaheen in the 2nd rd, that seems early. In the right scenario I would seriously consider him in the 3rd rd. Obviously an underrated TE that was Elway's teammate taken later than that turned out pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by WYBRONCO View Post
    I for one do care about what these guys do in their personal lives as they make a ridiculous amount of money to act like spoiled brats if that is their behavior. I also want these men to represent the Denver Bronco brand with dignity and respect and that goes for on an off the field. I respect those that question Denver drafting/signing certain athletes with violent histories or repeated immature behaviors. I do believe individuals can change and our front office is doing their do diligence in screening potential draft picks. They are helping current team members and making necessary moves when individuals prove to be untrustworthy.
    I mean do we really care about all of the off the field issues? Wasn't Rod Smith a guy who had a checkered past? I would have loved Ray Lewis and we all know his story. As long as the team is winning I don't care. It's just football and entertainment to me. Now I don't want criminals like drug dealers or rapists, but it gets petty when we have to argue over self defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Bterres105 View Post
    Wasn't too long ago that these boards were blown up because Owen Daniels was slow and couldn't separate from a LB. Based on his description, Adam Shaheen would be like Owen Daniels 2.0. Do we really want to relive that experience?
    I'd say absolutely, yes! Without Owen Daniels, I doubt we're SB50 champs. He provided 2 massive momentum swings in both the AFCCG and a tone-setting play in the SB. Without OD, we'd probably be listening to Pats fans talking about their back-to-back SBs.

Not to mention I'd love to get a TE that had the ability to play 9+ years in the NFL.

OD ran a 4.65 40. 6'3 and 250.

Shaheen ran a 4.79. 6'6 and 280. There is quite a bit of size and speed difference.
    Last edited by Joshua2585; 04-06-2017 at 12:26 PM.
    Mark my words, Trevor Siemian will be much improved after this offseason and will remain the Broncos QB1 in 2017. - Dec '16

Quote Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    I mean do we really care about all of the off the field issues? Wasn't Rod Smith a guy who had a checkered past? I would have loved Ray Lewis and we all know his story. As long as the team is winning I don't care. It's just football and entertainment to me. Now I don't want criminals like drug dealers or rapists, but it gets petty when we have to argue over self defense.
    Rod Smith handled himself very well in Denver. Travis Henry not so much. These guys are role models like it or not. Poor life choices can affect their play too. In the Mixon case I don't disagree with you. If we get him it will be because Elway sees a man that can handle himself on and off the field well. People can change and for the better.

Quote Originally Posted by WYBRONCO View Post
    Rod Smith handled himself very well in Denver. Travis Henry not so much. These guys are role models like it or not. Poor life choices can affect their play too. In the Mixon case I don't disagree with you. If we get him it will be because Elway sees a man that can handle himself on and off the field well. People can change and for the better.
    I totally agree with you here.

As far as TE, I would prefer we get one no earlier than the 3rd. I like Everett, Sprinkle and Leggett.

I totally agree with you here.

As far as TE, I would prefer we get one no earlier than the 3rd. I like Everett, Sprinkle and Leggett.
    It is interesting how some of these draft dark horses (Shaheen, Lamp, Melifonwu, etc.) I wrote about several months ago have risen. They are now probably going to be drafted at least 2 rounds higher than where I originally had them projected.

Quote Originally Posted by qbronco View Post
    It is interesting how some of these draft dark horses (Shaheen, Lamp, Melifonwu, etc.) I wrote about several months ago have risen. They are now probably going to be drafted at least 2 rounds higher than where I originally had them projected.
    Yea I'm there with you. I was on the Lamp train really early as well. He has climbed boards tremendously since I first scouted him in December. Melifonwu has skyrocketed up boards after his impressive showing at the combine. If he isn't taken in the 1st I can see Jax going for him even though they got Church in FA.

I just hope we get Lamp at 20!

My dream pick for the first two: Howard at 20 and Mixon at 51

Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    Both Mcshay and Kiper have DEN drafting TE Adam Shaheen in the second round....

6"6.... 280... 4.7 forty.... DIV-2 kid....

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profil...een?id=2558144
    I want NJOKU!

He's a big dude, not sure about the 2nd.

But our TE's are pretty bad, so wont be mad if they use a premium pick on one.
    Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #40

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    He's a big dude, not sure about the 2nd.

But our TE's are pretty bad, so wont be mad if they use a premium pick on one.
    I wouldnt say they are bad. They are under used and under developed.

I wouldnt say they are bad. They are under used and under developed.
    Right. At the moment there are six of them: one veteran; two who were drafted and are entering their third season; and, three who were UDFAs last year. Plenty of room for development there. We'll see how TEs do in McCoy's O. They have a new position coach.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

I think it's worth noting that many of the TEs projected to go in the top 3 rounds are predominantly receiving TEs. I would prefer the Broncos draft more of an inline TE. Especially considering, the Tackle situation as it currently stands. Sprinkle, Roberts, McNamara, Culkin, and Price are all good blocking TEs and will be sought after in the mid-later rounds and UDFA.

Quote Originally Posted by qbronco View Post
    I think it's worth noting that many of the TEs projected to go in the top 3 rounds are predominantly receiving TEs. I would prefer the Broncos draft more of an inline TE. Especially considering, the Tackle situation as it currently stands. Sprinkle, Roberts, McNamara, Culkin, and Price are all good blocking TEs and will be sought after in the mid-later rounds and UDFA.
    I agree, but I also like Everett for that reason. He is the known for his blocking, but block with a violent side. He also is a great receiving option. Duel threat option.