Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    I'd say absolutely, yes! Without Owen Daniels, I doubt we're SB50 champs. He provided 2 massive momentum swings in both the AFCCG and a tone-setting play in the SB. Without OD, we'd probably be listening to Pats fans talking about their back-to-back SBs.

Not to mention I'd love to get a TE that had the ability to play 9+ years in the NFL.

OD ran a 4.65 40. 6'3 and 250.

Shaheen ran a 4.79. 6'6 and 280. There is quite a bit of size and speed difference.
    I also think it is fair to say that many guys not just TE's slow right down once pads go on. Other guys don't lose any speed. Based on how he's played I question of he is not more of the latter. That coupled with his size is a good thing for a young QB and an OC who used TE'S well.

I knew I had seen a Shaheen thread already....bringing it up for discussion

Out of the TEs I've looked at leading up to the draft, the one I think would be worth a 4th or 5th round pick (if he's still here since his stock has risen) is Iowa's George Kittle. Arguably the best blocking TE in the draft, who many think was an underutilised receiver during his college career. For what it's worth, his numbers were a lot better than expected at the combine too.

I am still sold on Bucky hodges. Former he qb hasn't had much as a te but has the tools and seems underrated in football IQ plus he can do it all his blocking just needs some coaching