Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 139
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    8,188
    Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    MOst around the league believe Mac is going top 10. I think its been reported on a few draft sites too that many believe he goes top 10. A deal in place does not mean its done. Im sure the saints have tons of deals in place. Teams have discussed compensation and agreed if the chips fall right that the deal would be acceptable to both. Does not mean both teams will still pull the trigger. This is not like Shannys deal with the redskins and browns for RG3.

    He fills the need for what elways wants. A receiver a RB and a PR/KR. I can tell you, no rumor, we are head over heals for Mac! They obviously, think he fills a position of high need because they really really really covet him.
    He's only become a top 10 player in the last few weeks, before that there were thoughts he might make it into round 2. I always get suspicious when a player rockets up boards late in the draft process, they're not judging the player based on who he is and what he's done on the field but instead falling in love with workout numbers.

    The problem I have with McCaffrey is that he doesn't fill one spot, people talking about using him all over, which generally means that he's not good enough to become a player at any one spot and instead teams need to move him around to get value from him. There's nothing wrong with drafting a guy in round 4 who is jack of all trades master of none, but doing it in the first round, and in the top 10 is a massive mistake.

    Again I go back to Reggie Bush, an unbelievable college player, who was more electric and dynamic than McCaffrey (although not by a lot) he came into the NFL exactly like McCaffrey has being a guy you can line up in the backfield, put in the slot, have return kicks, a real weapon. He was drafted 2nd and many couldn't believe he didn't go first. Now go look at his career numbers, again he had a long and noteworthy career, but he was never worth that top 2 pick, he wasn't worth a top 10 or even top 20 pick. To me that's McCaffrey's future, a guy who has a long career, but never comes close to living up to his hype entering the draft, nor to his draft position. Let someone else make that mistake.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    4
    Before all the off season draft hype, that happens every year by the way, MaCafferey was a early 2nd, late 1st. This time of year there are a lot of smoke screens with the draft and although off season workouts matter, they don't usually make a prospect move up that far. Not saying he wont go in the top ten, but I always am leery of all the talk this time of year and it wouldn't surprise me if he lasted to the late 1st. I'm still hoping that he is there at 20 and we can get him, maybe go with a OT in the 2nd or 3rd. Garcia to me looks like just as good as prospect as the top 3 tackles and he will be around in the 2nd, maybe even the 3rd. I like Evan Engram and Joe Mixon too. so if the draft went like "underrated29" mock, I wouldn't hate that either. Or if a Ruben Foster dropped Id be happy with a 1. Ruben Foster 2. Evan Engram 3. Antonio Garcia 3. Joe Mixon. Might be a little wishful thinking lol.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    8,188
    Just looking at various mock drafts: Walter has him going 19th. The other guy at Walter (Charlie Campbell) has him going 19th. FoxSports has him going 21st. All of the CBSSports guys have him from 14 to not being picked in the first round. Only one NFL.com mock draft (the Daniel Jeremiah to Carolina) has him going higher than 19, and one doesn't even have him in the first round.

    It seems like the Daniel Jeremiah mock draft got everyone excited about McCaffrey and believing he'll go top 10, but that seems to be the only one that feels that way.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    27,390
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Just looking at various mock drafts: Walter has him going 19th. The other guy at Walter (Charlie Campbell) has him going 19th. FoxSports has him going 21st. All of the CBSSports guys have him from 14 to not being picked in the first round. Only one NFL.com mock draft (the Daniel Jeremiah to Carolina) has him going higher than 19, and one doesn't even have him in the first round.

    It seems like the Daniel Jeremiah mock draft got everyone excited about McCaffrey and believing he'll go top 10, but that seems to be the only one that feels that way.
    NFL Draft Scout has Christian McCaffrey at #16.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,439
    Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    A couple things.

    1. Cmac is going to go top 10. He will not fall to 20.
    2. Rumor is that we have an agreement in place with the saints at 11.....For guess who???? Cmac. We are DROP DEAD IN LOVE WITH HIM!
    Source to these rumors?

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    El Paso, Tx
    Posts
    1,627
    I think I had read Casserlu said to refrain from drafting him in the first round. So idk where this top 10 pick came from.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,125
    Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    Source to these rumors?
    You're kidding, right? Even I am not privy to whom specifically it/they is/are. If I was I still would not share. We have a few people around the FO of a few teams in the league and a media or two. Sorry friend, cannot cite that. Now, if you are questioning the validity of such rumor, I think you'll find the track record of the different things we find out and share to be quite accurate. Dating back to when we traded out of rd 1 for Wolfey.

    ---------------------------------------
    I too agree that I would rather not move up for Cmac, but that seems like the plan. I do disagree that his career would be anything close to reggie bush, however. He is a much better returner and imo a much better route runner and catcher. The fast risers typically scare me too. We will see where he ends up. Im leaning towards top 10 from everything I have heard.
    --------------------------------------

    Oh god, can you imagine Rueben Foster here!!!!! Dream pick all day every day. Was hoping he was the target at 11! (still secretly am)
    For now....
    1. Reuben Badass LB; 2. Joe Mixon RB; 3. Jake Butt TE; 3B Sid Jones DB; 4. Bucky Hoges TE; 6. Ryan Switzer WR. Trade for Sheldon Richardson.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,439
    Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    You're kidding, right? Even I am not privy to whom specifically it/they is/are. If I was I still would not share. We have a few people around the FO of a few teams in the league and a media or two. Sorry friend, cannot cite that. Now, if you are questioning the validity of such rumor, I think you'll find the track record of the different things we find out and share to be quite accurate. Dating back to when we traded out
    Cool story bro.
    I don't care enough to find out your track record. So I'm over it. Lol

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    86
    Why a running back? CJ is pretty good when healthy IMO and we drafted Booker early last year. Think of how crazy our offense could be if we added a receiving TE like Howard. That leaves us with a decent run group along with two top tier receivers and a stud TE. this offence would be great

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    872
    I would take Dalvin Cook in a heartbeat. Check ou his highlights. He will be available at 20.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,439
    Quote Originally Posted by elway7777 View Post
    I would take Dalvin Cook in a heartbeat. Check ou his highlights. He will be available at 20.
    I don't think you can go wrong with either one. I just like that Mac ability to catch the ball better. It was a mismatch nightmare for LBers to mark Falcons RBs and New England's White because they could catch the ball. Not saying Cook can't catch it but Mac is on another level.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Grand Junction, Co
    Posts
    330
    I wish people would settle down on Cmac... yes, we were all a huge fan of his father!!
    Does no one like curtis Samuel ??? Has no one seen him? Or is it because his last name isn't mccaffery?

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    129
    If we're trading up to 11 it won't be for a running back. Foster or Corey Davis.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,083
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangecrush21 View Post
    Why a running back? CJ is pretty good when healthy IMO and we drafted Booker early last year. Think of how crazy our offense could be if we added a receiving TE like Howard. That leaves us with a decent run group along with two top tier receivers and a stud TE. this offence would be great
    I like Cook a lot, too. However, he did have a poor combine. On the other hand, his pro day went much better and the tape says he's a great back.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, United State
    Posts
    926
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggs4 View Post
    I wish people would settle down on Cmac... yes, we were all a huge fan of his father!!
    Does no one like curtis Samuel ??? Has no one seen him? Or is it because his last name isn't mccaffery?
    Samule can do everything Cmac can do, with more speed and quickness and wont cost a 1st round pick. Im a big fan of Samule.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •