Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mouse scroll wheel no longer works on the boards

I have Google Chrome and up until today the wheel on my mouse would scroll up and down the pages on the boards. I typically have 17 tabs open at once when I run Chrome. Today the scroll wheel no longer works on the boards but works on all 16 other websites I have open.

I also cleared my browser history and cleaned up all the junk i.e. cookies, etc that accumulates in the browsers to no avail.

Can you look into this as this is a huge issue for me navigating the pages on the boards.

Thanks for your help.

one_bad_55
    Last edited by one_bad_55; 04-07-2017 at 03:27 PM.

Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
    2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
    2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Quote Originally Posted by one_bad_55 View Post
    I have Google Chrome and up until today the wheel on my mouse would scroll up and down the pages on the boards. I typically have 17 tabs open at once when I run Chrome. Today the scroll wheel no longer works on the boards but works on all 16 other websites I have open.

I also cleared my browser history and cleaned up all the junk i.e. cookies, etc that accumulates in the browsers to no avail.

Can you look into this as this is a huge issue for me navigating the pages on the boards.

Thanks for your help.

one_bad_55
    Mine works. Desktop, FF. 17 tabs? I thought I was doing good when I use 5.

Curious to see if anyone else is having this situation. Rastic might have some suggestions for you. He's good with this stuff.

We'll put in on the list to send to the tech team.
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    Mine works. Desktop, FF. 17 tabs? I thought I was doing good when I use 5.

Curious to see if anyone else is having this situation. Rastic might have some suggestions for you. He's good with this stuff.

We'll put in on the list to send to the tech team.
    Peanut,

I just shut down everything on my PC and restarted everything and now it is working. That is the weirdest thing I have seen that only one tab out of 17 would not work with the mouse wheel.

Anyhow, it is working now so you can call off the dogs.

Peanut,

I just shut down everything on my PC and restarted everything and now it is working. That is the weirdest thing I have seen that only one tab out of 17 would not work with the mouse wheel.

Anyhow, it is working now so you can call off the dogs.
    Computers are weird. I swear they are out to get us. I've had a few issues this week, too, but not related to the MB.

I'm glad things are working again. It gets frustrating.
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

I'm glad to hear it's working. Thanks for the report all the same.

OMG, it just stopped working again. Works in all my other tabs except the boards.

OMG, it just stopped working again. Works in all my other tabs except the boards.
    Ok, weird.

You know, if you keep breaking the internet I'll have to take your privilege away.

How many tabs this time? Do you use any plugins for chrome?

Okay, this time instead of shutting everything down I opened a new tab and reloaded the boards. I deleted the old tab and pinned the new one. Scroller works again for now. We will see how long it lasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Ok, weird.

You know, if you keep breaking the internet I'll have to take your privilege away.

How many tabs this time? Do you use any plugins for chrome?
    I have 3 plugins; Adblocker, Acrobat, and Logitech Smooth Scroll.

It may very well be the Logitech Smooth Scroll. But it has been working for years and now it starts acting up, and it only effects the MB. That is odd. I guess it could be corrupt but I would think the other websites would have similar problems. If the new tab idea doesn't work I will disable the Logitech plugin and see what that does.

I've been using Chrome with a lot of tabs open and I cannot recreate the mouse scroll problem you are having intermittently.

Without being able to identify all the variables it's either a the browser, the combination of plugins, the site, the mouse and/or how each of those interact with each other. Not much to go on there.

If you have it happen again let us know, especially if you are able to help narrow the problem down by eliminating some variables.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    I've been using Chrome with a lot of tabs open and I cannot recreate the mouse scroll problem you are having intermittently.

Without being able to identify all the variables it's either a the browser, the combination of plugins, the site, the mouse and/or how each of those interact with each other. Not much to go on there.

If you have it happen again let us know, especially if you are able to help narrow the problem down by eliminating some variables.
    Rastic,

I think it has something to do with the tab. I don't know how the tabs work but maybe that one tab some how got corrupt because it has been working great since I opened a new tab and deleted the old one.

Just an update for you guys and gals.

I have verified that there is definitely a reported bug in Chrome that causes the scroll wheel to stop functioning and it is tab specific so it can work in one tab and not another. I am getting the problem now on other websites on other tabs so it doesn't appear to be website specific.

I have a Logitech M705 Mouse but according to the information I found it doesn't have anything to do with Logitech as there are other mice brands having the same problems.

According to Google this error started after the last update in 5.7. The website I found said that Google should have a fix for this by the end of the month.

That would explain why it has worked great for several years and now all of a sudden there are problems. It was the last update to Chrome that created the problem.

I am keeping my fingers crossed they can fix this sooner than later.

Just an update for you guys and gals.

I have verified that there is definitely a reported bug in Chrome that causes the scroll wheel to stop functioning and it is tab specific so it can work in one tab and not another. I am getting the problem now on other websites on other tabs so it doesn't appear to be website specific.

I have a Logitech M705 Mouse but according to the information I found it doesn't have anything to do with Logitech as there are other mice brands having the same problems.

According to Google this error started after the last update in 5.7. The website I found said that Google should have a fix for this by the end of the month.

That would explain why it has worked great for several years and now all of a sudden there are problems. It was the last update to Chrome that created the problem.

I am keeping my fingers crossed they can fix this sooner than later.
    Thanks for the update and extra information.

Last update. I updated Chrome to the newest Version 58.0.3029.81 about a week ago and it appears to have fixed all the problems. So I guess the Google Chrome "Mouse Scroll Issue" case can now officially be laid to rest.

Last update. I updated Chrome to the newest Version 58.0.3029.81 about a week ago and it appears to have fixed all the problems. So I guess the Google Chrome "Mouse Scroll Issue" case can now officially be laid to rest.