Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 103
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    OKC
    Posts
    2,242
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    there is a rumor going around that for some reason the chargers are the favorites to play the patriots on opening night. i really hope that happens because it would do wonders for the chargers momentum in LA to go on the road and possibly beat the pats on a big stage.

    the chargers will be at full strength and rivers would absolutely be jacked to play well in a game like that. they played the seahawks in a game like that right after they destroyed the broncos in the SB the year before and they embarrassed the seahawks.

    i think it would be an entertaining and competitive game at the very least, even if the pats do win it.
    I would LIKE to see this happen for sure! Doubtful though.
    oh YEAH?

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    OKC
    Posts
    2,242
    And how much ya wanna bet they don't sell out this glorified 30,000 seat High School Stadium?

    http://www.sbnation.com/2017/1/12/14...ego-relocation
    oh YEAH?

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    25,835
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Where did I say anything about a day 1 starting LT getting drafted. Elway is confident that it will be addressed, therefor so am I. I know it's an odd concept having faith in your front office since yours is far from reliable, but I trust Elway.

    We've got a lot of picks to work with this year thanks to comp picks and the fact that this year, those are tradable. Yes I think we can get McCaffrey and find someone capable of starting for us.

    McCaffrey will also be a big help because he will be a good safety valve for our QB's and help to make the defense think twice about how they defend him.
    #1 McCaffrey won't be there at 20 so you will have to trade up to get him.

    #2 there isn't a starting quality tackle in this draft that will make it past 20 or 25 either.

    you claimed that the broncos would draft McCaffrey and fill their need at LT via the draft. that is the claims you are making, not elway. i think it's much more likely the broncos address that LT position with their #20 pick and then get a back in the 2nd or 3rd round due to the fact that RB is deep in this class.

    i get why you guys want McCaffrey but i don't think you are being realistic if you think your team can land both him and fill your starting LT need, but that isn't anything new, is it?

    you can daft a guy to possibly groom but you will still have a huge hole at LT.


    I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    25,835
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    and theres the open personal attack bappy cried so much about

    aint nobody scared of your team fool...it is what it is...a underwhelming 4-12 5-11 team
    with a statue qb that sucks in the forth qrt when he needs to shine, a interception mahine

    you can make every excuse you want...your team sucked last year...they sucked the year before...and more the likely will suck again
    you call that a personal attack? because i called you gutless for never posting your opinions and only reacting to mine? yet you go on to call me a fool directly and that's not a personal attack?

    anyways, i know nobody is scared of the chargers right now. that's because most people are like you and don't follow the chargers and just look at win loss records from last year and formulate an opinion on that alone. plus, until they can prove they can be that playoff caliber team, nobody should fear them.

    sure, if the chargers continue to be decimated with injuries and lose multiple key starers and loose them every week as well as continue to have arguably the worst OL in the NFL, yeah they will suck again.

    ive said this already. but if they have better luck with injuries and improve along the OL, they will be a playoff contender due to the talent on that team across the board both offensively and defensively. you seem to think they don't have talent based solely on their win loss record and that's where the ignorance starts to show it's ugly face.

    you say rivers is a statue.....he always has been. tom brady is the same statue and arguably the best ever. so was peyton manning, a statue. the only problem with having a QB like that is he needs to get the ball pout quick, rivers does that. you also need at least decent protection, rivers does not have that and hasn't had that for a few years now.

    not to mention the run blocking was bad too even though gordon was still effective when he was healthy. if all the chargers did was improve run and pass blocking and stayed a little more healthy, they are playoff contenders, simple as that.
    Last edited by baphamet; 04-16-2017 at 10:36 AM.


    I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    25,835
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiiancrush View Post
    Barph:
    don't believe i said they have the best offense in the division either but i may have said that. i think they could definitely considering when healthy they were top 3 in the NFL early last year.

    Huh?
    Are you drinking? Sparklers are the red headed step child, and embarrassment for the AFC WEST, and should be in the AFC SOUTH, with all the other mediocre teams going 5-11 or at best 6-10 to make the PO.
    Just B/c some team must represent. And not b/c they have a winning record.
    Then you really go off your rocker saying the sparklers are going to beat the P*ts.
    Take some advice, Drinking/ smoking while trying to talk smack about your worthless team is not a good look for you or your pathetic peewee team. lol
    why are you confused? what i said is a factual statement that cannot be argued. the chargers indeed had a top 3 offense in the NFL early last season, they were #2 for quite a while...like the first 4 or 5 weeks. but when you lose a player for the season every single week starting week 1, it starts to take it's toll and take it fast.

    also, maybe you should try and read before responding. no i didn't say they would beat the pats, learn to read. go back and ask your mommy to read to you what i posted again real slow and come back and talk to me.


    I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    25,835
    Quote Originally Posted by Axemaster View Post
    And how much ya wanna bet they don't sell out this glorified 30,000 seat High School Stadium?

    http://www.sbnation.com/2017/1/12/14...ego-relocation
    i don't usually bet but name your price, that's a bet i cannot lose. there are going to be very few single game tickets available and the season tickets are sold out. that's also considering the tickets will be very expensive as well but it won't matter.


    I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    25,835
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    1 yes you did and were wrong

    2 yes you did and were wrong

    3 Carr and Smith are better said it myself last year and was right you were wrong. How many turnovers to lose/end games does Rivers have to have in one season before you see that he is the problem

    4 the Chargers were lucky to get us on a short week with out our HC or they wouldn't have gotten a win so no they couldn't and didn't sweep us you were wrong again and I never said any of that crap you claim I did
    show me, show me where i said they are the most well rounded team in the division. you are lying through your teeth like usual.

    i said they are more well rounded than the broncos, i also said every single team in the division is more well rounded than the broncos.

    was not wrong.

    show me where i said they have the best offense in the division because i may have said that but i don't remember and i most definitely don't trust what you say because you lie a lot.

    even if i did, it's a fact that they had a top 3 offense in the NFL in the first quarter of the season last year before losing guys for the season every week started taking its toll. they have the players to do it.

    that's also considering how terrible their OL was. even a decent OL with a healthy keenean allen, melvin gordon, henry, gates, and a developing tyrell willaims......it can be a very potent offense.

    smith is not better than rivers lol nobody believes that nonsense except you and the other haters here.

    carr has been playing at a high level and has one of the best OL's in the league, give that OL to rivers and watch him pick your "no fly zone" apart.

    your team is mediocre and lucky they didn't get swept by us. your team was one of the healthier teams in the NFL and still mediocre, imagine if you lose multiple key players on defense and offense like the chargers did?

    can you say top 3 pick in the 2018 draft?


    I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    12,611
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    you call that a personal attack? because i called you gutless for never posting your opinions and only reacting to mine? yet you go on to call me a fool directly and that's not a personal attack?

    anyways, i know nobody is scared of the chargers right now. that's because most people are like you and don't follow the chargers and just look at win loss records from last year and formulate an opinion on that alone. plus, until they can prove they can be that playoff caliber team, nobody should fear them.

    sure, if the chargers continue to be decimated with injuries and lose multiple key starers and loose them every week as well as continue to have arguably the worst OL in the NFL, yeah they will suck again.

    ive said this already. but if they have better luck with injuries and improve along the OL, they will be a playoff contender due to the talent on that team across the board both offensively and defensively. you seem to think they don't have talent based solely on their win loss record and that's where the ignorance starts to show it's ugly face.

    you say rivers is a statue.....he always has been. tom brady is the same statue and arguably the best ever. so was peyton manning, a statue. the only problem with having a QB like that is he needs to get the ball pout quick, rivers does that. you also need at least decent protection, rivers does not have that and hasn't had that for a few years now.

    not to mention the run blocking was bad too even though gordon was still effective when he was healthy. if all the chargers did was improve run and pass blocking and stayed a little more healthy, they are playoff contenders, simple as that.
    yes...when you take a post critical of your analysis...
    knock yourself out..research

    it doesn't take away from the fact you do this same dog and pony show every season...and FAIL

    then cherry pick one or two issues that you slopped out on...then toot your horn all year

    ignoring how suck your team is, and how wrong you typically are

    and respond with personal smack...LOOK I DONT CARE IF YOU NEED TO GET PERSONAL...ITS FUNNY, IT GIVES ME NO PAIN....my point is your always crying around about the personal attacks is why you block everybody...and don't see the hypocrisy of your whine


    and nobody is scared of the bolts cause they suck...the entire team is injury prone, they have a good qb...that typically crumbles in the 4th qrter with a chance to win
    every year its and excuse on why...your the same every year...an excuse why you failed then

    your offseason moves are the best, ours don't fix issues...your draft picks fill holes and improve...ours don't
    same song and dance every year

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    25,835
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    yes...when you take a post critical of your analysis...


    and respond with personal smack...LOOK I DONT CARE IF YOU NEED TO GET PERSONAL...ITS FUNNY, IT GIVES ME NO PAIN....my point is your always crying around about the personal attacks is why you block everybody...and don't see the hypocrisy of your whine


    and nobody is scared of the bolts cause they suck...the entire team is injury prone, they have a good qb...that typically crumbles in the 4th qrter with a chance to win
    every year its and excuse on why...your the same every year...an excuse why you failed then

    your offseason moves are the best, ours don't fix issues...your draft picks fill holes and improve...ours don't
    same song and dance every year
    you didn't respond to one thing i posted because you have no answer for it. again, if you think me calling you gutless for not having the guts to post your opinions here and just respond to my posts, then that is your issue. that isn't a personal attack by any stretch of the imagination, that is just an observation and an accurate one at that.

    i call em as i see em and if it didn't bother you, why mention it? because it's funny that i called you out on your scared say nothing in smack unless it's in response to what baph says so it doesn't come back to haunt me smack tactics?

    oh and last off season i said their off season moves were the best and that wasn't true? the only other team that you could argue had a better off season last season was Dallas.

    the chargers acquired a lot of good players last season, both in FA and the draft and none of it was done writing big checks ala the elway method.

    look at what Denver did? was i wrong....about anything? i was spot on accurate about the broncos off season and that they would be lucky to make the playoffs. seems i was giving them too much credit actually
    Last edited by baphamet; 04-17-2017 at 10:23 AM.


    I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Smolan, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    22,048
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    show me, show me where i said they are the most well rounded team in the division. you are lying through your teeth like usual.

    i said they are more well rounded than the broncos, i also said every single team in the division is more well rounded than the broncos.

    was not wrong.

    show me where i said they have the best offense in the division because i may have said that but i don't remember and i most definitely don't trust what you say because you lie a lot.

    even if i did, it's a fact that they had a top 3 offense in the NFL in the first quarter of the season last year before losing guys for the season every week started taking its toll. they have the players to do it.

    that's also considering how terrible their OL was. even a decent OL with a healthy keenean allen, melvin gordon, henry, gates, and a developing tyrell willaims......it can be a very potent offense.

    smith is not better than rivers lol nobody believes that nonsense except you and the other haters here.

    carr has been playing at a high level and has one of the best OL's in the league, give that OL to rivers and watch him pick your "no fly zone" apart.

    your team is mediocre and lucky they didn't get swept by us. your team was one of the healthier teams in the NFL and still mediocre, imagine if you lose multiple key players on defense and offense like the chargers did?

    can you say top 3 pick in the 2018 draft?
    You weren't wrong saying your team was more well rounded than us? And yet we had 9 wins to your 5? I'm confused, your logic is as flawed as ever on this one baph.


  11. #71
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    12,611
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    you didn't respond to one thing i posted because you have no answer for it. again, if you think me calling you gutless for not having the guts to post your opinions here and just respond to my posts, then that is your issue. that isn't a personal attack by any stretch of the imagination, that is just an observation and an accurate one at that.

    i call em as i see em and if it didn't bother you, why mention it? because it's funny that i called you out on your scared say nothing in smack unless it's in response to what baph says so it doesn't come back to haunt me smack tactics?



    oh and last off season i said their off season moves were the best and that wasn't true? the only other team that you could argue had a better off season last season was Dallas.

    the chargers acquired a lot of good players last season, both in FA and the draft and none of it was done writing big checks ala the elway method.

    look at what Denver did? was i wrong....about anything? i was spot on accurate about the broncos off season and that they would be lucky to make the playoffs. seems i was giving them too much credit actually
    lol...I see a lot of crying...as a man I find it hard to respond to your excessive sniveling about nobody respecting your team

    but lets revisit...

    anyways, i know nobody is scared of the chargers right now. that's because most people are like you and don't follow the chargers and just look at win loss records from last year and formulate an opinion on that alone. plus, until they can prove they can be that playoff caliber team, nobody should fear them.
    but I do follow the chargers, as well as the raiders and chiefs...I follow the offseason, I follow the draft and I follow the season, as well as watching every afc west game I can via league pass...every week

    I don't formulate my opinions on just the win record, that's about as dumb as you insisting bronco fans only...ONLY judge pass rushers by sacks alone, when you tried to insist Melvin was top ten by pressures only. and yes until the bolts can show themselves to be a playoff caliber team consistently...nobody including me will

    sure, if the chargers continue to be decimated with injuries and lose multiple key starers and loose them every week as well as continue to have arguably the worst OL in the NFL, yeah they will suck again.
    and I have responded to this more then one ...you never answer...why is that?
    every team has injuries...good teams built right, with depth respond...suck teams go 4-12
    you see the pats get killed with injuries...still successful...you see the broncos deal with multitudes of key players...still have success...bolts deal with injuries = 5-11 and a year long excuse

    ive said this already. but if they have better luck with injuries and improve along the OL, they will be a playoff contender due to the talent on that team across the board both offensively and defensively. you seem to think they don't have talent based solely on their win loss record and that's where the ignorance starts to show it's ugly face.
    same could be said for any team...if the broncos improved their oline that was worse than the bolts...their run game and offense would be greatly improved...your problem is you simply only apply that to your team...no one elses had problems that can be improved on...just the bolts

    you say rivers is a statue.....he always has been. tom brady is the same statue and arguably the best ever. so was peyton manning, a statue. the only problem with having a QB like that is he needs to get the ball pout quick, rivers does that. you also need at least decent protection, rivers does not have that and hasn't had that for a few years now.
    no...the problem with rivers is hes good...NOT GREAT like manning and brady, he's not MVP caliber...then his biggest issue is
    when the games on the line...rivers turns the ball over way to many times killing the drive and losing the game
    https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/s...k-rating/2016/

    rivers ranked 31st in 4th qrt rating which is a joke

    not to mention the run blocking was bad too even though gordon was still effective when he was healthy. if all the chargers did was improve run and pass blocking and stayed a little more healthy, they are playoff contenders, simple as that.
    same could be said for the broncos right...our run blocking was horrid...oh but only the bolts can use that right

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    330
    pre-draft predictions for the 2017 season:

    The rest of the league should just draw straws to see who plays the Patriots in the SB and leave it at that.


  13. #73
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    12,611
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwork View Post
    pre-draft predictions for the 2017 season:

    The rest of the league should just demand that asterisks be placed next to the Patriots record in the SB and leave it at that.


    ya that's true...but perhaps when you are no longer a 12 year old attention whore, you can join these adult conversations...k

    for now run along

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    25,835
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    You weren't wrong saying your team was more well rounded than us? And yet we had 9 wins to your 5? I'm confused, your logic is as flawed as ever on this one baph.
    yes you are confused because you clearly don't know what the term means. not only that but it's hard to be well rounded when key players go down for the season every week.

    well rounded doesn't mean the best team or having the most wins. one dimensional teams have won SB's before (like your team did) and the most well rounded teams have been knocked out of the playoffs by them as well.

    but as far as talent, the broncos are very one sided with the majority of their talent being on the defensive side of the ball while their offense is a total mess.

    that is not a well rounded team, that a one dimensional team. the chargers have good players on both sides of the ball, their defense is up and coming and aside from OL the chargers have good players at every position on offense..... QB, RB, WR, TE

    they have multiple good players at CB, DE/DL, LB and they have the 7th pick in the draft. that is a well rounded team but if you are ignorant and just want to look at last years win loss record and consider none of the actual details, that is your issue.

    that said, i understand why you do that, because you know the broncos are trending down and elway needs a really good draft to compete with the rest of the teams in the division, that defense can't carry you forever and your defensive mastermind is long gone..


    I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    25,835
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    lol...I see a lot of crying...as a man I find it hard to respond to your excessive sniveling about nobody respecting your team

    but lets revisit...
    you have no answer for the arguments i am making so you just call it crying, how lazy of you.



    but I do follow the chargers, as well as the raiders and chiefs...I follow the offseason, I follow the draft and I follow the season, as well as watching every afc west game I can via league pass...every week

    I don't formulate my opinions on just the win record, that's about as dumb as you insisting bronco fans only...ONLY judge pass rushers by sacks alone, when you tried to insist Melvin was top ten by pressures only. and yes until the bolts can show themselves to be a playoff caliber team consistently...nobody including me will
    LOL except you did just judge ingram based on his sack totals alone and tried to argue that pressures are basically meaningless when you compared them to a hail marry pass lol you said pressures only have an effect on the outcome of a play 1 out of 1000 times

    you also made fun of me when i said we saw flashes of dominance from ingram and even to this day you are still trying to make those "flashes" comments yet i was right all along, that's whats so damn funny about all of this.

    yes, they will have to prove they can stay healthy and be the team i know they can be, that same team i claimed they would be last year as well until key players started going down each week as well as the monumental choking that will likely never be repeated again in the history of the NFL by any team.


    and I have responded to this more then one ...you never answer...why is that?
    every team has injuries...good teams built right, with depth respond...suck teams go 4-12
    you see the pats get killed with injuries...still successful...you see the broncos deal with multitudes of key players...still have success...bolts deal with injuries = 5-11 and a year long excuse
    i have responded to this multiple times. no team has had injuries in the last 15-20 years at least like the chargers have had the last couple years and feel free to try and prove me wrong there if you like.

    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...30#post5567930

    you say you follow the chargers, you constantly make excuses when it's the broncos with injuries.....yet no team has been decimated like the chargers and nothing but crickets?

    i realize it's smack but you need to be consistent and if you say you follow the chargers, then you would know the things i am saying are not outlandish at all, in fact i'm not the only one saying it.

    same could be said for any team...if the broncos improved their oline that was worse than the bolts...their run game and offense would be greatly improved...your problem is you simply only apply that to your team...no one elses had problems that can be improved on...just the bolts
    according to who your OL was worse? you? PFF has the chargers as the 31st ranked OL last season and the broncos ranked 24th. in fact, i believe the chargers OL is the only one to be ranked at 25 or bellow each of the last 3 seasons.

    https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro...s-this-season/

    that stat is also telling when you claim carr is so much better than rivers. carr is playing at a high level but carr has a top 5 OL, give that OL to rivers and he will pick most etams apart most weeks with ease.


    no...the problem with rivers is hes good...NOT GREAT like manning and brady, he's not MVP caliber...then his biggest issue is
    when the games on the line...rivers turns the ball over way to many times killing the drive and losing the game
    https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/s...k-rating/2016/

    rivers ranked 31st in 4th qrt rating which is a joke
    again, arguably the worst OL in football over the last few years and rivers can and has played at an MVP level, it's pathetic i have to even mention that fact. really, rivers hasn't had a decent OL since 2013, the last time they made the playoffs.

    same could be said for the broncos right...our run blocking was horrid...oh but only the bolts can use that right
    better run blocking than the chargers and the chargers were still better running it until gordon went down and they were then down to their 5th RB....yes i said that right 5th.

    yes the broncos didn't have a good OL either and improving it will help but had manning played behind that same OL last season, they likely get a much better grade because he gets the ball out a lot faster than the garbage you have now.

    rivers does too but their OL is so bad it doesn't matter. on top of that their receivers were depleted as well so he couldn't really trust the receivers that much and there were a lot of tipped interceptions and interceptions thrown due to miscommunication.

    yeah that happens to every team but it was especially bad last season and i think rivers being forced to always throw it quick due to the OL contributed to that a lot.

    i just don't think you realize (more likely you ignore it) the amount of key guys that were missing. only rivers' TE's were sort of healthy last season, even then both gates and henry missed some time as well.

    they were down to their 5th RB and their 4th and 5th WR....add that to having arguably the worst OL in football and you want to just ignore all that and say rivers isn't good enough?

    good one dude, all i have to say is never make an injury excuse ever again or this will get brought up and thrown in your face, i promise you. not that you have the guts to say anything in smack anymore, so i guess you are safe!


    I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •