Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    you mean teams with 5 or 6 RB's? 7 or 8 receivers? you are right that the deeper teams can withstand injuries better, that's not what i'm talking about here. being deep doesn't apply when you are signing guys off the street because you have so many.

i ask again, find me a team that has had more guys on IR in a 3 year span than the chargers have had, go back 20 years if you like. then realize the chargers have had a 25th or worse OL ranking the last 3 years which no other team has.

every team has injuries yes....no team has been as injured as the chargers over the last few years, it's simply a fact. maybe the chargers continue to be that injury prone? maybe they continue to have a horrendous OL?

sure, but that's what it will take for the chargers to be bad again, that's what all of you are banking on if you think the chargers are still that same team they were at the end of last season.
    If you face that many injuries, it's an issue of strength and conditioning...It's still a problem with your team sucking no matter how bad you want to try and spin it into a positive. You can make excuse after excuse after excuse but your team has 9 wins in 2 seasons. That's the bottom freaking line baph. Dress it up however you feel like to help you sleep at night...We had as many wins in one year last year (when our team supposedly wasn't as "well rounded" as yours) as your team had in two years. Period...

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    So you assume you wont face the Broncos in the playoffs I am guessing? We all know what happens in that instance
    Doncos have to make the playoffs first before that can be discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    If you face that many injuries, it's an issue of strength and conditioning...It's still a problem with your team sucking no matter how bad you want to try and spin it into a positive. You can make excuse after excuse after excuse but your team has 9 wins in 2 seasons. That's the bottom freaking line baph. Dress it up however you feel like to help you sleep at night...We had as many wins in one year last year (when our team supposedly wasn't as "well rounded" as yours) as your team had in two years. Period...
    1. they fired their strength and conditioning coach

2. i'm not a doctor but it seems to me having 9 guys go down with knee ligament tears might just be a freak thing, i'm not sure how you strengthen a knee ligament other than stretching.

3. yes, if the injuries continue like they have the chargers will likely miss the playoffs again but that's what you are banking on and i have to believe these injury issues will not continue to that degree.

all you are doing is going back and looking at win loss records from last year and the year before to justify why the chargers suck and why they will continue to do so.

on week 1 when our teams face you will not see a depleted chargers team that is missing multiple key guys on both sides of the ball, you will see for yourself what i am talking about.

when healthy the chargers are more well rounded than the broncos, meaning they have multiple good players on offense and defense and have a QB who is the leader of that team, not just defense like the broncos.

when i say well rounded, that's what that means. it doesn't mean how deep your team is at certain positions....it doesn't mean how many wins your team had. you seem like a smart guy frey and it's odd to me you can't figure that out.

who the hell is arguing that the broncos are not one dimensional and only good on defense? that's what they are at this point. with wade your defensive mastermind now gone, it will be interesting to see if the defense can still be elite and carry the offense.

even last year they couldn't do it with wade. my guess is if elway has a fantastic draft and gets a really good back (doesn't have to be mccaffrey, this draft is deep) and draft a LT in the first, they might be able to get that running game going and with your QB situation that's an absolute must if you want to compete for the playoffs IMO.
    Last edited by baphamet; 04-21-2017 at 10:08 AM.

I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    if i didn't just own you bad enough, here is another for good measure.

http://www.chargers.com/video/2015/0...rams-spin-move

"Dwight is a big reason for that spin move and a guy named chuck smith......Dwight really showed me how to do it though" -melvin ingram

LOL@ arapaho claiming i am wrong 95% of the time, dude doesn't have the slightest clue what the hell he is talking about
    so, is that a WRAPaho?

you must be crushed right now, literally years of the same ignorant melvin ingram smack talk slammed directly in your face.

you too beaglederp!

I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

baph, as a total outsider I see your argument and I think you are wrong. Yes Denver's O outside of Thomas/Sanders is at best average, but that D will still be top10. All the Broncos need is the O to improve just a little and they will again be relevant in the West. As you say this prediction is pre-draft so an entire draft thrown at the offensive side of the ball may be all they need.

Quote Originally Posted by bears6385 View Post
    baph, as a total outsider I see your argument and I think you are wrong. Yes Denver's O outside of Thomas/Sanders is at best average, but that D will still be top10. All the Broncos need is the O to improve just a little and they will again be relevant in the West. As you say this prediction is pre-draft so an entire draft thrown at the offensive side of the ball may be all they need.
    yeah, if elway has a really good draft which turns into Denver having a much more effective and consistent running game, i could see them being a contender and i have said that. but i don't agree that the offense just needs to improve a little, they need to improve a lot.

the reason being is i just don't see that defense continuing to be an elite top 3 defense like they have been in the past. they took a step back last season and now minus wade Philips i see them taking yet another.

don't forget, that defense was good but not great before wade got there with basically the same core of players. not to mention that Denver was one of the more healthy teams in the NFL last season, they will need to remain that healthy.

because a couple key injuries on defense will absolutely cripple that team IMO without a vastly improved offense.