Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 76
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Posts
    4,967

    Rumor: Broncos Looking At Trade OUT Of 1st Round

    Chad Forbes‏
    @NFLDraftBites

    Heard Today Broncos are having lots of talks with #Browns about trading down. As are Titans & lions. Browns targeting pick between 18-21.
    If this is true then Elway must believe that there is no way McCaffrey is dropping anywhere close to the 20th pick or that believe that somehow something unforeseeable happens and McCaffrey falls out of the 1st round.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8,604
    Quote Originally Posted by kingelway7 View Post
    If this is true then Elway must believe that there is no way McCaffrey is dropping anywhere close to the 20th pick or that believe that somehow something unforeseeable happens and McCaffrey falls out of the 1st round.
    OR it has nothing to do with McCaffrey.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    hampshire,england
    Posts
    11,530
    Would be surprised.

    We have ten picks and ammunition to trade up. There will be plenty of good players at 20 that won't be there in round 2.

    Far more likely we trade up then down imo

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    D-Town
    Posts
    787
    Extremely deep draft in A LOT of positions of need (outside OL). It would be very smart to grab another mid-late round pick for a trade down.

    If there has ever been a "good year" to trade down, this is it.
    Mark my words, Trevor Siemian will be much improved after this offseason and will remain the Broncos QB1 in 2017. - Dec '16

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    8,010
    Are the Broncos looking to trade down or are they looking for teams willing to trade down so they can move up? Cause the Browns at 33 isn't a massive trade down but the Lions and Titans are both very big trades down. To me moving up to 12 or the Titans or Lions picks make sense.

    And I think this has zero to do with McCaffrey, and if they're looking to trade up its more about Foster or Robinson.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    hampshire,england
    Posts
    11,530
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    Extremely deep draft in A LOT of positions of need (outside OL). It would be very smart to grab another mid-late round pick for a trade down.

    If there has ever been a "good year" to trade down, this is it.
    We have TEN picks this year including 2 in round 3. Trading down would be madness, there will be quality players at 20 and we need to take one.

    At some point quality trumps quantity.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    8,010
    Titans don't have a second round pick and the Lions' second round pick is below the Broncos second. No way are the Broncos talking to those teams about trading down. Cleveland makes sense because they have 33 and 51.

    But now I'm convinced the quote was poorly worded and the Broncos are trying to find teams willing to trade down so they can move up.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,457
    Maybe Elway liked my mock lol

    Updated
    Draft
    1. Trade To SF for their 2nd/3rd

    2. SF pick Reddick
    the 2nd pick in the 2nd rd will have loads of choices for guys that fell out of round one. Probably be a BPA pick but I won't speculate who so I'll be more realistic

    2. Trade 2 3rds (1 from SF) to Indy for pick #46 to move back in 2nd to grab WR Samuel - fixes the slot

    2. Mixon RB

    3. TRADE- Sheldon Richardson
    Contract year for him so he will be on his best behavior. If he walks after 1 year he will net a comp 3 pick

    4. Sprinkle TE

    The rest BPA

    FA
    Sign King Dunlap cheap 2 year deal


    Thoughts? I'm not a guru on the draft but kinda wanted to paint somewhat of a picture we could possibly do next year.

    The D should be just as good and then loaded up the offensive side which is why we aren't playing Sunday. All feedback welcomed

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Posts
    16,683
    Does not make any sense.

    This team needs impact players and already has 10 draft picks. I can't even see 10 rookies making the final roster.

    Losing the 5th-year option is a bad deal. Elway was lucky Wolfe took a very team-friendly deal, otherwise he would have joined the exodus from the 2012 class last year.

    Trading up? I can see that. Trading down to collect a bunch of junk when the team just needs a few pieces and has 10 picks? Nope, not smart at all.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    53
    I am calling a Trade to get CMAC.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2,469
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Titans don't have a second round pick and the Lions' second round pick is below the Broncos second. No way are the Broncos talking to those teams about trading down. Cleveland makes sense because they have 33 and 51.

    But now I'm convinced the quote was poorly worded and the Broncos are trying to find teams willing to trade down so they can move up.
    To me, that tweet is saying that the lions and titans are also looking to trade down. Not trade with them. But I could be wrong.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    D-Town
    Posts
    787
    Wrong thread... ha
    Last edited by Joshua2585; 04-11-2017 at 03:57 PM.
    Mark my words, Trevor Siemian will be much improved after this offseason and will remain the Broncos QB1 in 2017. - Dec '16

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    8,010
    Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    To me, that tweet is saying that the lions and titans are also looking to trade down. Not trade with them. But I could be wrong.
    You could be right. It would make a lot more sense that way. Although I think this is more about Elway going through as many scenarios as possible, hopefully not that 5th one we talked about last night though. haha. I don't think it makes any sense to move up or down at this point, wait until the draft and then see what you're looking at, unless the team you're trading with is willing to pay a premium.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,119
    Would be good if we can facilitate this trade:

    Denver trades 2017 1st round pick and 2018 second round pick for Cleveland 2017 2nd and
    3rd round picks pick and
    2018 first round pick

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2,469
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    You could be right. It would make a lot more sense that way. Although I think this is more about Elway going through as many scenarios as possible, hopefully not that 5th one we talked about last night though. haha. I don't think it makes any sense to move up or down at this point, wait until the draft and then see what you're looking at, unless the team you're trading with is willing to pay a premium.
    Yeah, only makes sense ahead of time if you're going for a top 2 or 3 because you know your guy will be there.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •