Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Will ryan ramczyk be Available beyond the number 20 pick

Will ryan ramczyk be Available beyond the number 20 pick if the Broncos were to trade down in the first round?

It seems that many in here have their hearts set on ramczyk but can we rely on him lasting later into the first round? Would it be worth the risk of trading down in the first for perhaps a high second of maybe even a guard while drafting ramczyk a little later in the first.

<a href=http://s723.photobucket.com/user/SjZJ24/media/broncos%20ring%20x%203_edited-1_zpse4zwvw5r.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww232/SjZJ24/broncos%20ring%20x%203_edited-1_zpse4zwvw5r.jpg target=_blank>http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/w...pse4zwvw5r.jpg</a></a>
    Special thanks to those who have CP'ed me, I'll get ya back

I just got a weird feeling he is the guy we are targeting if we do in fact make this rumored trade with the Browns with trading down.
    New England Patriots GM

So you are saying a team would actually have to move up to grab him earlier in the first?

Hell if I know...but with all these players rumored to be moving up towards the backend of the first round; Jabril Peppers, TJ Watt, Obi Melifonwu, Davis Webb...I mean you never know. I just got a feeling that he falls out of first round.
    New England Patriots GM

Quote Originally Posted by Gbt31 View Post
    Hell if I know...but with all these players rumored to be moving up towards the backend of the first round; Jabril Peppers, TJ Watt, Obi Melifonwu, Davis Webb...I mean you never know. I just got a feeling that he falls out of first round.
    I actually have the same feeling, I think he falls to the second all the while Elway trades back but stay in the first and nabs another talent cough*ingram*cough and then nabs Ramczyk high in the second with his newly acquired second round pick!

The general consensus among scouts is that Ryan Ramczyk is the best O-Lineman in the 2017 Draft. NFL teams are doing their best to not reveal their evaluations.

It is possible a team or two might rank Garrett Bolles, Forrest Lamp or Cam Robinson higher. Ramczyk is already ranked close to Denver's range in the first round. If another O-Lineman goes before Ramczyk, he would most likely be available at #20. He might even be available regardless.

The main question about Ramczyk is his surgically repaired hip. Geep Chryst is Paul Chryst's brother, so that and other questions may have satisfactory answers for the Broncos about how high they should grade Ramczyk. If he's available when Denver picks, we'll find out. I'm inclined to doubt if Ramczyk will fall out of the first round unless he has a questionable medical report.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

To be honest is there even a 1st Round Talented O Line in this years Draft? Maybe a 2nd or 3rd I am not seeing any O line players in this years draft worth a 1st round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    To be honest is there even a 1st Round Talented O Line in this years Draft? Maybe a 2nd or 3rd I am not seeing any O line players in this years draft worth a 1st round pick.
    Lamp is definitely worth a 1st. others are up for debate. I think Robinson and Ramczyk are as well...but that's just my opinion.

CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

I doubt Ramczyk gets past Seattle if his medical recheck was positive. I think he would be a good pick for the Broncos.

Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    I think there are 5. Besides Robinson, Ramczyk, Bolles and Lamp, I see Dion Dawkins as a late 1st, early 2nd.

If Laken Tomlinson and Joshua Garnett went in the late 1st in 2015 and 2016, there is no reason why Dawkins can't go in the same range as an intriguing OT/G hybrid with a very good combination of power and athleticism.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    I doubt Ramczyk gets past Seattle if his medical recheck was positive. I think he would be a good pick for the Broncos.

I think there are 5. Besides Robinson, Ramczyk, Bolles and Lamp, I see Dion Dawkins as a late 1st, early 2nd.

If Laken Tomlinson and Joshua Garnett went in the late 1st in 2015 and 2016, there is no reason why Dawkins can't go in the same range as an intriguing OT/G hybrid with a very good combination of power and athleticism.
    Are you thinking all five of those guys might go in the first round? If that happened, there would be some pretty good players shuffled out of the first into the top of the second. I haven't studied the needs of all the teams, but I'm sure you have. I've heard that O-Line is a need of a number of teams. Is it acute enough that a run on quality O-Linemen could take place in the first round next week?

I agree with you about Dion Dawkins. It seems he has been underrated. He could end up like Dave Diehl, playing all O-Line spots except Center. There are fewer things about Lamp and Dawkins that concern me than concerns I have about the other three.
    Last edited by samparnell; 04-18-2017 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Are you thinking all five of those guys might go in the first round? If that happened, there would be some pretty good players shuffled out of the first into the top of the second. I haven't studied the needs of all the teams, but I'm sure you have. I've heard that O-Line is a need of a number of teams. Is it acute enough that a run on quality O-Linemen could take place in the first round next week?
    I think they could go, but probably won't. I would not be shocked. This is a deep class and there might be a run on defensive backs late in the 1st round, so perhaps there will be only 3 or 4 offensive linemen going in the 1st.

The Panthers and the Bengals have OT issues. The Panthers are gambling on Matt Kalil at LT and I believe they don't have a quality RT on the roster. Cedric Ogbuehi has struggled for the Bengals and their other options are Jake Fisher and an over-the-hill Andre Smith. Top 10 is too rich for the o-linemen from this class, but one of these teams might reach for Cam Robinson because of his potential and physical traits.

The Colts and Ravens have issues at RT. At #15 and #16, that's where the o-linemen might start to go.

The Bucs might want to move Donovan Smith to G or RT if they can get one of the top OTs from this class.

Broncos: logical landing spot for any of the top o-linemen.

Then late in the 1st round there are the Dolphins looking for a LG because Tunsil is moving to LT; the Giants have o-line issues because Ereck Flowers apparently is not a good fit at LT; the Packers need a guard to replace T.J. Lang and the Falcons also need a guard to replace Chris Chester.

So, would I be surprised if 4 o-linemen go in the top 30 and the Falcons draft Dion Dawkins at #31? No.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

I think they could go, but probably won't. I would not be shocked. This is a deep class and there might be a run on defensive backs late in the 1st round, so perhaps there will be only 3 or 4 offensive linemen going in the 1st.

The Panthers and the Bengals have OT issues. The Panthers are gambling on Matt Kalil at LT and I believe they don't have a quality RT on the roster. Cedric Ogbuehi has struggled for the Bengals and their other options are Jake Fisher and an over-the-hill Andre Smith. Top 10 is too rich for the o-linemen from this class, but one of these teams might reach for Cam Robinson because of his potential and physical traits.

The Colts and Ravens have issues at RT. At #15 and #16, that's where the o-linemen might start to go.

The Bucs might want to move Donovan Smith to G or RT if they can get one of the top OTs from this class.

Then late in the 1st round there are the Dolphins looking for a LG because Tunsil is moving to LT; the Giants have o-line issues because Ereck Flowers apparently is not a good fit at LT; the Packers need a guard to replace T.J. Lang and the Falcons also need a guard to replace Chris Chester.

So, would I be surprised if 4 o-linemen go in the top 30 and the Falcons draft Dion Dawkins at #31? No.
    It could happen. I think some around here would be shocked at that, especially if Denver was in on it. We'll see next week.

Like you I think they could all go, there might be a run on offensive linemen, if someone takes one early, teams could panic a little bit. As an example, if the Panthers decide to grab Robinson at 8, then the Bengals might decide they can't wait until round 2 to get the guy they really want, and then the Colts and Ravens follow suit, and then you've got the Broncos and Seahawks who also have needs on the o-line. Although if the offensive linemen do go early, you will have good players dropping, like Sam mentioned.

I know people say that it's not a great year for offensive line, tackles in particular, but all it takes is for one domino to fall and then teams decide that they need to jump to get the guy they really want and all of a sudden there's guys going earlier than they should.

And on the other side of that people have talked about how it's a really deep draft defensively, so teams might decide that they can wait and get a quality defensive player later in the draft, so fill the bigger need earlier.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    And on the other side of that people have talked about how it's a really deep draft defensively, so teams might decide that they can wait and get a quality defensive player later in the draft, so fill the bigger need earlier.
    That's what can cause the run on o-linemen. If you don't get your cornerback in round 1, for example, you can recover later in a draft rich in cornerbacks. But in a class without much depth at OT, if you miss on your OT of choice, you might be in trouble. And the teams with OT/OL issues have to find an answer in the draft because there's little to nothing left in free agency.

If a team targeting OT and CB takes Ryan Ramczyk in the 1st, the 2nd and 3rd rounds will have plenty of CBs. The team might get Quincy Wilson in the 2nd or Rasul Douglas in the 3rd. If the team goes CB in the 1st, the OT options left in the 2nd and 3rd rounds might not be very interesting. There might be interest in Antonio Garcia in the 2nd round, there is Julie'n Davenport who is a very raw project... If these guys are gone, what are you going to do?

Not that it matters, but I don't think Ramczyk is a first round talent. Yes, he will probably be drafted in the first round, I am hoping not by the Broncos. I would take Robinson, Bolles, and Lamp over Ramczyk. I think his footwork is inferior to the other three. He also gets overpowered at the point of attack more than he should. If the Broncos drop back to the second round and then draft him, I would not be upset. At number 20???? No thank you!