Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Talib off the hook, no suspension

Good news, just as it should be.
    GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!

Not even a mandatory firearms safety class?
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Amazing! League punishments are so inconsistent. This makes absolutely no sense at all.

At least the Broncos can plan on him being available, until the next knucklehead incident that sidelines him of course.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Not even a mandatory firearms safety class?
    Article says he does have to complete a firearms safety course. And then submit a list of his firearms. No clue how the League has the right to demand a list of weapons. None of their business. Yet the legal system and the League overlook his irresponsible drunken discharging of a firearm in a public place.

Actually comical.

So, my wife works with Goodell's niece... I asked her if she could talk to her uncle about taking it easy on Aqib. She said she would see what she could do... There you go. You're welcome.

On a serious note, this is pretty mind-blowing. Aqib deserved to receive a pretty serious suspension and fine. Apparently he didn't violate Texas law, as it was a registered firearm, but drinking + guns don't mix. Common sense was seriously lacking in this situation.
    Last edited by Joshua2585; 04-18-2017 at 10:42 AM.
    Mark my words, Trevor Siemian will be much improved after this offseason and will remain the Broncos QB1 in 2017. - Dec '16

Ole Crabtree better watch his neck...

Love Talib's attitude, we lacked nastiness on defense for so long, along with Wolfe and some safety help it is back and thriving.
    My adopted Bronco is Floyd "The Franchise" Little

Good to know, hopefully he doesn't put himself in another scenario like this again.

Love him or hate him, he patrols the skies in the No Fly Zone.
    I believe.

When the news came out today it surprised me because the incident seems so long ago. Before the season I think many thought he would be suspended for at least one game. I'm sort of surprised he didn't receive a suspension - not saying he should have just surprised he didn't.

Aqib is incredibly lucky to come out of this incident relatively unscathed. Aqib likely violated one of the primary tenets of gun safety, that being that under no circumstances should guns and alcohol EVER mix. Hopefully he learned a lesson here and will avoid these types of situations in the future. Not sure what the rules are down in Texas, but he really should consider a gun safety course as a gun owner going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Amazing! League punishments are so inconsistent. This makes absolutely no sense at all.

At least the Broncos can plan on him being available, until the next knucklehead incident that sidelines him of course.
    June and early July are times where NFL players have no structure, I don't know that they can plan on him being fully available this season until he makes it through that period without anything happening and he makes it to training camp.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    June and early July are times where NFL players have no structure, I don't know that they can plan on him being fully available this season until he makes it through that period without anything happening and he makes it to training camp.
    Aqib should check into a monastery during the months of June and July. There's one up in Snowmass.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Aqib should check into a monastery during the months of June and July. There's one up in Snowmass.
    Maybe Joseph should "Barney Fife" Talib and let him only have one bullet and he has to keep it in his shirt pocket?

Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    Maybe Joseph should "Barney Fife" Talib and let him only have one bullet and he has to keep it in his shirt pocket?
    Or give him a clip full of blanks.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."