Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Aqib should check into a monastery during the months of June and July. There's one up in Snowmass.
    That would be a good place for him. What a loon.

Aqib should check into a monastery during the months of June and July. There's one up in Snowmass.
    Why would you do that to the poor monks?

He could still find a way to get into trouble. Perhaps tear a Cross off one of their necks. Much to the amusement of many around here.

So in other words, he dodged a bullet.

Talib got off way too easy. He should have at least been suspended for 4 games, if not a full season, for this level of idiocy. He is an embarrassment to this team and to all gun owners.

Quote Originally Posted by sendacash View Post
    Aqib is incredibly lucky to come out of this incident relatively unscathed. Aqib likely violated one of the primary tenets of gun safety, that being that under no circumstances should guns and alcohol EVER mix. Hopefully he learned a lesson here and will avoid these types of situations in the future. Not sure what the rules are down in Texas, but he really should consider a gun safety course as a gun owner going forward.
    Actually, in Texas, Guns and Liquor do mix. This is in Uvalde, Texas, not far from where I now live. And I believe they have a "Drive-thru" window.

http://johnrlott.tripod.com/2006/01/...but-texas.html

And, Schulenberg, Texas.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...or-guns-drive/

When they were in business, the bottom sign said "Shootem' Up, and Slam Em down".
    Last edited by gtown53; 04-18-2017 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Why would you do that to the poor monks?

He could still find a way to get into trouble. Perhaps tear a Cross off one of their necks. Much to the amusement of many around here.
    Well, the Trappists may still have their dairy cows and egg farm.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    Actually, in Texas, Guns and Liquor do mix. This is in Uvalde, Texas, not far from where I now live. And I believe they have a "Drive-thru" window.

And, Schulenberg, Texas.

When they were in business, the bottom sign said "Shootem' Up, and Slam Em down".
    Ha, that doesn't surprise me, Texas has all sorts of things like that, especially out in South Texas or going west.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Not even a mandatory firearms safety class?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Talib got off way too easy. He should have at least been suspended for 4 games, if not a full season, for this level of idiocy. He is an embarrassment to this team and to all gun owners.

It's about time the NFL didn't act like they were the next level of legal system. He didn't break the law, and apparently didn't violate the terms of his contract. Why is everyone clamoring to see him get in some more trouble? It's interesting how our society craves punitive action, especially when it pertains to a celebrity. He should get a suspension for shooting himself and some people don't like it?

Quote Originally Posted by 602BroncoFan View Post
    It's about time the NFL didn't act like they were the next level of legal system. He didn't break the law, and apparently didn't violate the terms of his contract. Why is everyone clamoring to see him get in some more trouble? It's interesting how our society craves punitive action, especially when it pertains to a celebrity. He should get a suspension for shooting himself and some people don't like it?
    Discharging a firearm in a public place while drunk for crying out loud. He was being stupid. What if he was on a second floor and shot someone one floor down? It's not the situation that happened, but this isn't a message I think should be sent out about gun safety, which I think is very very very important
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

There are Lots of "ifs and buts" with this story, thankfully no suspension for a important piece of our defense.

(Thanks Blondie!)

Quote Originally Posted by 602BroncoFan View Post
    It has been pointed out before. It is against the law to be intoxicated wand discharge a firearm in a public place, even in Texas.

No clue why the District Attorney decided to not file charges. Whether some type of celebrity favoritism or blurry details form those involved with the actual incident does not matter. Talib got off way too easy.

Responsible gun ownership in this Country is important. Constant messaging that "guns are bad, not the user". Yet here we we have an example of an idiot abusing the right and putting people at risk. Shooting himself in the butt was idiotic, next time there is a tragedy in the news due to irresponsible gun use please remember this story and the support of Talib.

Some things are more important then whether your favorite player is on the field opening day.
    Last edited by FR Tim; 04-19-2017 at 06:00 AM.

He played at an All Pro level after shooting himself in the upper-upper leg. Just mind boggling. A little to the left or right or up or down and he could have died, but instead he recovers in a matter of weeks and then plays NFL football better than anyone else and better than he's ever played it. What a stroke of luck. He either thanks his lucky stars or feels completely invincible at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post

And, Schulenberg, Texas.

I need to move to Texas, even though my New Mexico isnt too bad as far as guns and alcohol goes.

Of course Talib should be suspended. He, at the very least, lied to the police. He created a situation that was just as bad as Pacman Jones's incident, if not worse, given the fact that Talib was the trigger man. It shouldn't matter that he was the only one that got hurt.

I don't know what the NFL's logic is on not suspending him. I just hope nothing like that happens again.
    Jesus Loves You, even if you don't love Him.
    Woooo!! Wooooo!!! Wooooooo!!!! Wooooooooooooooooo!!!!!
    negs are for cowards. I won't back down.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoNTemecula View Post
    He played at an All Pro level after shooting himself in the upper-upper leg. Just mind boggling. A little to the left or right or up or down and he could have died, but instead he recovers in a matter of weeks and then plays NFL football better than anyone else and better than he's ever played it. What a stroke of luck. He either thanks his lucky stars or feels completely invincible at this point.
    This. If he'd been shot in the femoral artery he probably would have died, just like Sean Taylor. Of course, Taylor was the victim of a home invasion while Talib was just being a moron. Still, he has his health, his wealth, and his freedom. I hope he appreciates all that.