Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Time for some football.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Time for some football.
    Yeah, that's kinda my attitude. Frankly, I'm just as glad that Talib is a Bronco as I am that Derek Wolfe, who had to sit out a quarter of a season for violating the NFL drug policy a couple of years ago, is. Or Von Miller who got into some trouble, early in his career.

It's over. Time for some football. And, the Draft is just around the corner!!

And here I was focusing on the detail that Talib was 2nd best CB in NFL last year after Chris Harris.
    Last edited by BroncoFanDK; 04-21-2017 at 01:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
    And here I was focusing on the detail that Talib was 2nd best QB in NFL last year after Chris Harris.
    guess you meant CB, but 2nd best ? Definitely in the top 5. Talib still has his court proceeding's ongoing in Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by colowoz View Post
    guess you meant CB, but 2nd best ? Definitely in the top 5. Talib still has his court proceeding's ongoing in Texas.
    I guess you should provide a link being that no charges were filed by the dallas pd over this.... Also he is quoting the article that clearly states according to pff that Talib was their second rated CB behind CHJ...
    GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!

This whole situation has been a big pain in the butt

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    This whole situation has been a big pain in the butt
    More like a big pain in the leg.

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    More like a big pain in the leg.
    Good one!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Discharging a firearm in a public place while drunk for crying out loud. He was being stupid. What if he was on a second floor and shot someone one floor down? It's not the situation that happened, but this isn't a message I think should be sent out about gun safety, which I think is very very very important
    Do you really want to live in a country that imprisons people for what "might" have happened "if"?
    Do we really want to encourage employers to be the judge and jury on what someone does in their personal life? (Well, we already have that problem). The NFL didn't need to be the moral police.
    Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    It has been pointed out before. It is against the law to be intoxicated wand discharge a firearm in a public place, even in Texas.

No clue why the District Attorney decided to not file charges. Whether some type of celebrity favoritism or blurry details form those involved with the actual incident does not matter. Talib got off way too easy.

Responsible gun ownership in this Country is important. Constant messaging that "guns are bad, not the user". Yet here we we have an example of an idiot abusing the right and putting people at risk. Shooting himself in the butt was idiotic, next time there is a tragedy in the news due to irresponsible gun use please remember this story and the support of Talib.

Some things are more important then whether your favorite player is on the field opening day.
    You'll have to cite the exact law broken, be on the jury, hear the whole story, determine what law was broken, you weren't there, just heard what the news told you. More importantly, it's not the NFL's job, nor ours as fans, to prosecute people and say they should be suspended from work because they did something we don't like. Especially considering he hurt HIMSELF.
    Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    Of course Talib should be suspended. He, at the very least, lied to the police. He created a situation that was just as bad as Pacman Jones's incident, if not worse, given the fact that Talib was the trigger man. It shouldn't matter that he was the only one that got hurt.

I don't know what the NFL's logic is on not suspending him. I just hope nothing like that happens again.
    How do you know what he lied about? Trigger man is a stretch considering the man didn't take the gun out, put his finger on the trigger, and actively shoot himself.

This has to do with celebrity and our desire to see celebrities punished. Are you all saying every citizen in this country should be suspended or fired from their job whenever they make a mistake, get arrested, or do something we think is illegal but never get convicted of? How many unsavory choices has each of you made in life? Should we all run to your jobs and demand a suspension? LOL.