Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

OT Jared Veldeer

I saw a report on 247sports saying we could trade for Veldeer instead of JT or Peters. The plus is he is younger at 30 vs 32/35 for JT and Peters respectively. He is also cheaper at 6.5M per. My question is how is he as a T versus the others? What is he worth in trade, and would it be a good idea to make the trade?
    Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Ive just did a search but yielded no results. Where did you see this?

Mark my words, Trevor Siemian will be much improved after this offseason and will remain the Broncos QB1 in 2017. - Dec '16

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Ive just did a search but yielded no results. Where did you see this?
    Popped up on my FB feed since I "like" 247sports (Broncos). There is no link I can copy/paste.

Thanks man! Couldn't find a link.

Apparently the Cardinals are moving Veldheer to right tackle so they can play D.J. Humphries on the left side. I've read that Veldheer isn't exactly happy about the move. I really like the idea of trading a third round pick (101) for this guy and possibly drafting Julie'n Davenport at 82 to develop as his future replacement. That fixes our offensive line with two third round picks and allows us to take a tight end and an offensive weapon in the first two rounds

Quote Originally Posted by Alabama Bronco View Post
    Apparently the Cardinals are moving Veldheer to right tackle so they can play D.J. Humphries on the left side. I've read that Veldheer isn't exactly happy about the move. I really like the idea of trading a third round pick (101) for this guy and possibly drafting Julie'n Davenport at 82 to develop as his future replacement. That fixes our offensive line with two third round picks and allows us to take a tight end and an offensive weapon in the first two rounds
    A third round pick is pretty steep for someone that has torn his triceps twice. I wouldn't have any qualms with acquiring Veldheer, but I wouldn't want Denver to give up anything higher than a 4th.
    Damn proud to be a Phi! Brother in the Bond #105 Texas Tau

A fourth would be even better if that would get it done

Last thing we need is another journeyman tackle. Especially one coming off IR.

Quote Originally Posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    Last thing we need is another journeyman tackle. Especially one coming off IR.
    Actually the last thing we need is a rookie (from this draft class) starting at LT against Mack, Houston, and Bosa.

Quote Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    Actually the last thing we need is a rookie (from this draft class) starting at LT against Mack, Houston, and Bosa.
    LT wouldn't regularly face any of those players - they all play on the left side of the defense.
    2016 Adopt-A-Bronco is Chris Harris, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    Our RT will see a lot of Mack, Houston and Bosa. We're talking about either Donald Stephenson or Menelik Watson and they are not better than the top OTs in this draft. Daniel Jeremiah thinks the top OTs (Ramczyk, Robinson, Bolles) are an upgrade over the current OTs on the Broncos roster and I agree with him.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsAway131 View Post
    LT wouldn't regularly face any of those players - they all play on the left side of the defense.
    They can switch sides they rush pretty easily to exploit weak sides of a line

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Was going to say the same thing. The stayed on the RT side because it was so weak. They can rush from both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    This is very true indeed. I just hope when the dust is settles that one day we can have an O Line very similar to Dallas. Of course I think we are long long long way away from this pipe dream.