Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SecondsAway131 View Post
    I can't fathom any front office using both their first and second round picks on players that will only combine to play 67% of the snaps.
    I can fathom a soon to be out of work front office doing it, because doing so would be grounds to be fired immediately.

No way to Mixon because Denver already D.Booker however I say Yes to CMAC because I can envision CMAC lining up in the Slot and moving the chains.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I can fathom a soon to be out of work front office doing it, because doing so would be grounds to be fired immediately.
    I don't necessarily agree. It all depends on what the general assessment of the play is and what the true needs of the team are specifically vs. the rest of the division. For example as a team do we have a speed option to stop a guy like Hill of KC. We face him at least twice a year now. Then on the flip side of that do we have the people needed to beat guys like Bosa, Mack & Houston? Or do we really just need a couple of extra offensive playmakers in order to start stacking points up against our opponents?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    I don't necessarily agree. It all depends on what the general assessment of the play is and what the true needs of the team are specifically vs. the rest of the division. For example as a team do we have a speed option to stop a guy like Hill of KC. We face him at least twice a year now. Then on the flip side of that do we have the people needed to beat guys like Bosa, Mack & Houston? Or do we really just need a couple of extra offensive playmakers in order to start stacking points up against our opponents?
    Doubling up on o-line, d-line or LB (if you have a need for 2) isn't a big deal, that can be done. Doubling up on RB in round 1 and 2 would be a massive blunder, especially when RB isn't the biggest team need. My comment was strictly on the idea of McCaffrey then Mixon in round 1 and 2.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

Crazy talk. First I am done with CJ. His last 3 yrs are 849 (14) 720 ( 15) 437 (16) - yup I know he was injured a lot which is my main problem with him Heck if he was AP , but can't stay on the field what's the point. And McCaffrey fine, but Mixon no thank you. And even McCaffrey before we draft O Line? Booker MAY end up being ok, but not with our O Line. Why not pick up Blount whose price should have dropped this week? Pick up a nice O Line draft pick & maybe some more O Line after Camp Cuts and we should be fine. Just my 2 cents which is about all I charge Elway for my "tip" Lol. Sure glad we are getting back to football .
    Bronco Bob

Quote Originally Posted by WYBRONCO View Post
    If we can average more than 3 yards and a cloud of dust I am all for it
    a certain points of last season, 3 yards was a huge achievement
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    After seeing what McCoy did with the rushing attack in 2011, I wonder if he has a triple option chapter in his playbook. That year he ran Single Wing, Double Wing, Option and Power I, Pistol and Spread Option including some unbalanced over/tandem tackle O-Lines. He is unusual among OCs because of the variety he has installed in the past. I'm looking forward to the new O.
    From the sound of it, he sounds like a good OC for the challenges we have on this roster. Looking forward to this season as wel
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by bfallona View Post
    Crazy talk. First I am done with CJ. His last 3 yrs are 849 (14) 720 ( 15) 437 (16) - yup I know he was injured a lot which is my main problem with him Heck if he was AP , but can't stay on the field what's the point. And McCaffrey fine, but Mixon no thank you. And even McCaffrey before we draft O Line? Booker MAY end up being ok, but not with our O Line. Why not pick up Blount whose price should have dropped this week? Pick up a nice O Line draft pick & maybe some more O Line after Camp Cuts and we should be fine. Just my 2 cents which is about all I charge Elway for my "tip" Lol. Sure glad we are getting back to football .
    I have to agree. His injury issues are now starting to be a concern, and likely caused by poor discipline off the field with dieting. He's already showed up fat, so the road to recovery from that is going to be once again hard on him and likely not to start the season fresh and ready imo. I'm sure others with more sports fitness knowledge have more to add and can correct me if I'm off base here, but I'm honestly ready for a Mixon/McCaffrey starter
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    I know, right? Sad! lol

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsAway131 View Post
    I can't fathom any front office using both their first and second round picks on players that will only combine to play 67% of the snaps.
    I assume this is a joke but in case it wasn't, if we can eliminate those 3 and Outs, and can get TDs instead of FGs, I am all for it! Pick offensive weapons in the first three rounds then!
    Denver Broncos 2015 - Win AFC West Division: , Win AFC Conference: , Beat SB 49 Champs (2X): , Win SB 50:

24 hours ago I was dead set against drafting Mixon. However, just heard a report today that he had a meeting with the young woman he hit and they both apologized to each other and accepted each others' apology. Reportedly they both said they should have handled things better.

If it's true she's forgiving Mixon, then I am too.

I have to agree. His injury issues are now starting to be a concern, and likely caused by poor discipline off the field with dieting. He's already showed up fat, so the road to recovery from that is going to be once again hard on him and likely not to start the season fresh and ready imo. I'm sure others with more sports fitness knowledge have more to add and can correct me if I'm off base here, but I'm honestly ready for a Mixon/McCaffrey starter
    He showed up at 223 lbs and he's usually listed at 224. The team wants him to lose 5 more pounds but I wouldn't he showed up fat

Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    24 hours ago I was dead set against drafting Mixon. However, just heard a report today that he had a meeting with the young woman he hit and they both apologized to each other and accepted each others' apology. Reportedly they both said they should have handled things better.

If it's true she's forgiving Mixon, then I am too.
    You are a far better person then I. My cynical side raised it's ugly head when I heard this.

The joint statement may be sincere. I doubt it. The timing of the Civil lawsuit being settled in conjunction with this heartwarming moment is too convenient. I am glad they were able to meet and come to an understanding a week away from the biggest payday of this young man's life. The PR moment is priceless.
    Last edited by FR Tim; 04-22-2017 at 10:57 AM.

Yea, those third and one failures caused me to scream at the TV more than I shouldve.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    You are a far better person then I. My cynical side raised it's ugly head when I heard this.

The joint statement may be sincere. I doubt it. The timing of the Civil lawsuit being settled in conjunction with this heartwarming moment is too convenient. I am glad they were able to meet and come to an understanding a week away from the biggest payday of this young man's life. The PR moment is priceless.
    To repeat my previous comment, "if true". However, if she's willing to publicly "forgive" because of a certain level of payment, that's her choice to make and it's her decision that will influence me, not yours. How much money would it take for you to forgive?