Thread: Jeff Heuerman

Jeff Heuerman

I've been pretty high on us drafting a TE early in the draft but, is there any chance that Elway and the rest of the higher ups are comfortable with the progress Heuerman has made to make him our starter? He looked pretty good at times last year

Rather we need TE help or not there is some talent to be had in the draft at the TE position. I like Even Engram if he happens to still be there at our 2nd pick (#51), he can supply us with a receiving TE. I would take Engram almost no matter who else is there in the 2nd. I also like Bucky Hodges in the 3rd round but it depends on what other talent is there, he would be great to pick up in the 4th but very questionable that he will be there that late?
    I don't think we need to get a TE, I really believe the TEs on the roster already have the potential to provide what is needed from the position. If the cards fall right in the draft then we should take advantage of the talent available.

Quote Originally Posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    Rather we need TE help or not there is some talent to be had in the draft at the TE position. I like Even Engram if he happens to still be there at our 2nd pick (#51), he can supply us with a receiving TE. I would take Engram almost no matter who else is there in the 2nd. I also like Bucky Hodges in the 3rd round but it depends on what other talent is there, he would be great to pick up in the 4th but very questionable that he will be there that late?
    I don't think we need to get a TE, I really believe the TEs on the roster already have the potential to provide what is needed from the position. If the cards fall right in the draft then we should take advantage of the talent available.
    There are six of them at the moment: one veteran (Green); two entering their third season (Heuerman and Derby); and, three who were UDFAs last year (Krieger Coble, Scheu and Traylor)
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    There are six of them at the moment: one veteran (Green); two entering their third season (Heuerman and Derby); and, three who were UDFAs last year (Krieger Coble, Scheu and Traylor)
    Yes, I forgot about Traylor and don't know anything about him. I think Krieger Coble has potential coming into his 2nd season, wished he was faster. Since we have 6 we could say that is enough TEs to get through camp?

I'm willing to give him a chance. Rookie year was injured. Sophomore season he only had 17 targets the entire year. After a year of playing time and practice under his belt with better QB execution he should put together a decent year. Might be difficult since DT and sanders need to eat first.

Truth be Told I think AJ Derby will be a Rock Star for Denver this year.

Quote Originally Posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    Yes, I forgot about Traylor and don't know anything about him. I think Krieger Coble has potential coming into his 2nd season, wished he was faster. Since we have 6 we could say that is enough TEs to get through camp?
    Yes, it is sufficient for first, second, third team O. If they draft a TE and think they need space at another position, they could always release one. Traylor was signed to PS in late December. Krieger Coble was on PS from 4 Sept. until being signed to the roster 23 Dec. Scheu was on PS from 18 Oct.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

He showed potential on the sparse receptions he did have last season.

That said, this is the type of draft you'd be foolish not to take a TE in, maybe even two.

Quote Originally Posted by Bootleg View Post
    He showed potential on the sparse receptions he did have last season.

That said, this is the type of draft you'd be foolish not to take a TE in, maybe even two.
    I agree 100% this Years Draft lacks O-line for sure however it is loaded with Running Backs and Tight Ends indeed.