Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    Same was said about Shane Ray.
    Shane Ray was not considered a top-5 pick like Foster was before the Combine incident and this failed drug test. After being cited for possession of marijuana, Shane Ray was commonly projected to fall to the late part of round 1.

Both Mike Mayock and Mel Kiper had Ray falling out of the 1st round:

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs...6-8f41cdc6b272

So, Shane Ray falling to #23 was largely expected.

Besides, he did not make it the Broncos' original pick. The Broncos traded up to get him.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

I'm waiting on the weed rant from stephen a smith stay off the WEEEEEEEEEEEED!!!!!!!!! LOL he always cracks me up with that lol.

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    Shane Ray was not considered a top-5 pick like Foster was before the Combine incident and this failed drug test. After being cited for possession of marijuana, Shane Ray was commonly projected to fall to the late part of round 1.

Both Mike Mayock and Mel Kiper had Ray falling out of the 1st round:

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs...6-8f41cdc6b272

So, Shane Ray falling to #23 was largely expected.

Besides, he did not make it the Broncos' original pick. The Broncos traded up to get him.
    I thought Ray was a top 10? Per his NFL draft profile, it states he was a top 10 pick, but the negative buzz had him falling out of the first round. I think that was Mayock's final mock right before the draft, which would have been post-drug issue. I could be wrong though.

Rueben Foster has some serious issues. He'll come into the league already on the substance abuse program... 1 misstep and your 1st rounder turns into a suspension. Same thing happened to Ray. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Rueben fell to 20+

Shane Ray didn't have the associated attitude issues that Foster has. He is racking up a series of issues, all right before the draft. Really bad for him.
    Mark my words, Trevor Siemian will be much improved after this offseason and will remain the Broncos QB1 in 2017. - Dec '16

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    I thought Ray was a top 10? Per his NFL draft profile, it states he was a top 10 pick, but the negative buzz had him falling out of the first round. I think that was Mayock's final mock right before the draft, which would have been post-drug issue. I could be wrong though.

Rueben Foster has some serious issues. He'll come into the league already on the substance abuse program... 1 misstep and your 1st rounder turns into a suspension. Same thing happened to Ray. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Rueben fell to 20+

Shane Ray didn't have the associated attitude issues that Foster has. He is racking up a series of issues, all right before the draft. Really bad for him.
    And I think the worst part for him, is that it's not like last year when someone set out to sabotage Tunsil, this is all Foster's doing. From January to April you're essentially taking part in one big long job interview that will give you a winning lottery ticket, the higher you get picked the bigger the prize. You'd think knowing that you'd just keep everything on lockdown for those 4 months.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    and when do we address Oline?
    Tuesday?..

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    I thought Ray was a top 10? Per his NFL draft profile, it states he was a top 10 pick, but the negative buzz had him falling out of the first round.
    He was considered a borderline top-10 pick, usually top 15. Besides the marijuana incident, teams were concerned with Ray's foot and thought he would need surgery.

Foster was seen as a top-5, potentially top-3 pick before the Combine.

http://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2017/...h-second-pick/

One team scout I spoke with this week said they ranked Foster as the No. 3 player in the entire 2017 draft class. That could change if franchises find issues in his medical check in Indianapolis—Foster has had knee injuries in the past—but the film grade is very high on the Alabama linebacker.
    I can't see him getting past the Bengals at #9.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

What was it diluted with? I once "failed" a drug test due to dilution but it was just water because I drank so much water.

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    He was considered a borderline top-10 pick, usually top 15. Besides the marijuana incident, teams were concerned with Ray's foot and thought he would need surgery.

Foster was seen as a top-5, potentially top-3 pick before the Combine.

http://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2017/...h-second-pick/

I can't see him getting past the Bengals at #9.
    The Bengals have a need, and they've never shied away from players with off field issues.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    What was it diluted with? I once "failed" a drug test due to dilution but it was just water because I drank so much water.
    That's what Foster claims. Too much water and Gatorade.

Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    That's what Foster claims. Too much water and Gatorade.
    Fishy Gatorade would give it enough electrolytes to pass it off as regular urine

Willie McGinest said a diluted sample is not uncommon in the NFL and it happened to him in his 13th season. It happens when players are trying to keep weight or dehydrate easily. Foster never failed a drug test at Alabama. Daniel Jeremiah said Foster won't drop too far because of this sample.

Quote Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    Same was said about Shane Ray.
    He didn't make it to 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    He didn't make it to 20.
    He was picked at 23, no?

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    He was picked at 23, no?
    I might be confused. I thought we got him at 17.

I don't understand this mentality. He knew a drug test was coming...yet still did weed. What kind of stupidity is that?
    Superbowl 50 Champions!