Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Results 61 to 73 of 73

Thread: NFL Draft Notes

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    12,445
    Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    Great timing.

    In before the "lets draft him late as a steal" crowd arrives

  2. #62
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FORT COLLINS COLORADO
    Posts
    5,746
    Quote Originally Posted by Pdtimm View Post
    Thinking back to the Atlanta game and the way they used their RBS in the passing game. I thought a player like peppers could help prevent that. If not peppers which is fine I just was curious of what people thought of him. Who are some other LBs or Safeties that could match up with RBs and TEs in coverage in this years draft?
    Wouldn't have changed Jack having another s around. They attacked our lbers and still tried to avoid cb and the secondary in general. Us having peppers at safety would have changed much if anything especially sense they where targeting rb Vs lb in man that whole game

    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    Wouldn't have changed Jack having another s around. They attacked our lbers and still tried to avoid cb and the secondary in general. Us having peppers at safety would have changed much if anything especially sense they where targeting rb Vs lb in man that whole game
    What if they put peppers at linebacker? Used him similar to how the cardinals use buchannon?

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the treasure valley, Idaho
    Posts
    15,417
    Coach, are you not a fan of Peppers?

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8,555
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    In before the "lets draft him late as a steal" crowd arrives
    Is this for real? I want to hear the story behind this one. I really liked the idea of getting him. What is wrong with people these days? Anyone know the story?

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    7,978
    Quote Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    Is this for real? I want to hear the story behind this one. I really liked the idea of getting him. What is wrong with people these days? Anyone know the story?
    According to the police report, victim pushed Brantley, and then Brantley punched her in the face. Police said actions were retaliation and not self defense and far exceeded reasonable.

    The biggest difference between this and Mixon, Mixon has just had 3 months to travel to different NFL cities, sit down with their people and explain himself, and try to own what he did. Brantley doesn't have that, so he's likely going to drop.

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ching-a-woman/
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    B-more, not less
    Posts
    4,690
    The Closer we get the more I feel like our choice should be between either Forrest Lamp or Malik McDowell. I'd be happy with either of them. Although I am curious would Lamp be a potential LT or is he pretty much penciled in as a guard? It's not like it's completely out of the question for a 6'4 300 pounder to be a LT. Jordan Gross was close to that size and he had a great career as a LT for Carolina.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    El Paso, Tx
    Posts
    1,543
    This draft class is full of boneheaded idiots.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,397
    Anyone catch Elways presser today? Talking about the TE class he goes yea maybe we grab one in the 3rd/4th/5th rd.

    Very odd he said that since he dodged other questions
    Posterining??

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    12,445
    Quote Originally Posted by MHOC View Post
    Anyone catch Elways presser today? Talking about the TE class he goes yea maybe we grab one in the 3rd/4th/5th rd.

    Very odd he said that since he dodged other questions
    Posterining??
    Elway on TEs: "They're more scheme fits. If that's where it falls to us, 3rd, 4th, 5th round there may be a good TE there we can get."

    Elway clarified deep TE notion. It's a great "F" tight end class. Off-line receiver tight ends. Not as many Y, in-line TEs. #9sports

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    27,074
    Quote Originally Posted by CTM View Post
    The Closer we get the more I feel like our choice should be between either Forrest Lamp or Malik McDowell. I'd be happy with either of them. Although I am curious would Lamp be a potential LT or is he pretty much penciled in as a guard? It's not like it's completely out of the question for a 6'4 300 pounder to be a LT. Jordan Gross was close to that size and he had a great career as a LT for Carolina.
    Forrest Lamp had 48 starts at Left Tackle. He is explosive. He can play any O-Line spot. During the past four seasons, he has played against Alabama, Vanderbilt, Indiana, LSU, Illinois, Kentucky and Tennessee, so he has faced players from the SEC and Big Ten. In spite of this, he has been projected as a Guard in the NFL due to lack of ideal length which is similar to Joe Thomas'. He is balanced, strong and has excellent footwork and technique. To me, he has fewer concerns than any of the top tackle prospects.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    27,074
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Elway on TEs: "They're more scheme fits. If that's where it falls to us, 3rd, 4th, 5th round there may be a good TE there we can get."

    Elway clarified deep TE notion. It's a great "F" tight end class. Off-line receiver tight ends. Not as many Y, in-line TEs. #9sports
    Right. A guy who lines up tight as a Y, must be able to block at LOS. A TE who is off becomes an H-Back and can motion. If he's a decent blocker, he can change the strength of the formation to gain advantage at POA on an angle blocked run play.

    I hadn't heard the term "F" for off TEs. It could mean Flanker which was one of the names of the fourth back: Z, 40 Back, Flanker.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    12,445
    For those who like these things, Bolles scored a 9 on his wonderlic.

    http://www.nj.com/sports/index.ssf/2...ileshort_index

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •