Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Draft Notes

NFL Draft Notes

Just watching Path to the Draft on NFL Network and they dropped a few curious notes.

-There's a growing sense that Christian McCaffrey could be the first RB off the board, before Fournette
    -There's also a sense that Jonathan Allen could drop to the bottom of the first round due to shoulder issues
    -Of course they talked about the Reuben Foster failed test and him being in the NFL Substance Abuse Program now. But they also made mention, or alluded to, this not being the first time he's failed drug tests.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

If Jonathan Allen falls to the bottom of the 1st round, he's the steal of the draft. Look at the way he played at Alabama. I doubt his shoulders will be any issue during his first or even second contract.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ent-a-problem/

Allen has dealt with labral tears that required surgery in both of his shoulders and left him with moderate arthritis, but Dr. Lyle Cain said that no one should be put off because Allen hasn’t been impacted on the field.

“Jonathan has really played without symptoms in his shoulders, and it’s something that has not affected his performance or function,” Cain said, via Ian Rapoport of NFL Media. “It doesn’t have to be treated during the season. And he’s had a couple of great years. … This is something that a lot of offensive linemen and defensive linemen have, things guys play with their whole careers. It’s just a little earlier for him because he got hurt in college.”
    Allen would not put 21 reps on the bench if he had serious issues with his shoulders. Aaron Donald is a better athlete, but Allen was productive and disruptive like Donald in college. 45 TFL and 28.5 sacks as an interior DL... Best player in the draft in my opinion.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Just watching Path to the Draft on NFL Network and they dropped a few curious notes.

-There's a growing sense that Christian McCaffrey could be the first RB off the board, before Fournette
    -There's also a sense that Jonathan Allen could drop to the bottom of the first round due to shoulder issues
    -Of course they talked about the Reuben Foster failed test and him being in the NFL Substance Abuse Program now. But they also made mention, or alluded to, this not being the first time he's failed drug tests.
    If that's true about Foster his draft stock could start dropping like a stone.

I can't see McCaffrey jumping ahead of Fournette. Fournette should be a top 8 pick. I've recently heard McCaffrey getting some top ten buzz but Fournette has been in the top 8 discussion for months now.

That isn't true. They said he never failed one before.

CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    What's up coach?

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    What's up coach?
    getting ready for next season already how about you? Is your son still playing?

CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

Would be amazing if Allen fell to us and then Foster kept on dropping and we traded up to get him...out Defense would be stupid!!

It was about halfway through the report, one of them (I think it was Charley Casserly) mentioned something like teams having to look into other failed tests.

It was about halfway through the report, one of them (I think it was Charley Casserly) mentioned something like teams having to look into other failed tests.
    he said teams would look to see if he had failed other tests since this one turned up as failed....not that he did

If both Allen and foster dropped to the mid teens who would you trade up for?

Quote Originally Posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    The answer is C: Christian McCaffrey. It was a trick question. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    Allen in a millisecond. Any GM that wouldn't is blowing smoke or is so loaded at DL that they don't need him, which I can't see anyone picking in front of us that is. It would take me a tenth of a second to trade up for Foster. If our Front office sees no issues why not.

Regarding Foster,

I'm really not all that upset about his combine incident "Do you know who I am!?" (Think Ray Lewis has never dropped a line like that?)

Also, was he over hydrating or hiding something? Idk, and I dont think anyone on here does.

I miss having a guy like Al Wilson or DJ Williams in the middle.....

Lets take advantage of Foster's potential slip and get a top 5 player outside the top 5.

he said teams would look to see if he had failed other tests since this one turned up as failed....not that he did
    My mistake, I thought he had said that he failed other tests. I stand corrected.