Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Football View Post
    Ty Sambrailo cannot be the plan A going into training camp and if he is, Trevor better prepare to have that surgically repaired AC joint separated again. I can understand having some optimism as he was a high pick in the past, however the most I hope for out of Ty Sambrailo is to become a swing tackle back-up. This notion people have somehow convinced themselves of that Ty Sambrailo would be considered with the top tackles in this draft is hilarious and wrong. Ty Sambrailo was never the prospect of Robinson, Ramczyk, Lamp or Bolles and all of them guys are legit 1st Round talents. People just don't like that position in the first round cause it isn't a sexy pick. John Elway NEEDS to put together a good draft and it starts with fortifying the offensive line early.

If you have the time Sam watch this video and see what you think. Cam Robinson matched up with the likely number 1 overall pick in this draft Myles Garrett, and dominated. Cam Robinson was also brought in for a pre-draft visit I am assuming to attempt to clear up any concerns regarding his character as he was caught in a car with a gun and weed, but I am hoping he is the pick.
    In that game, Bama was 70% run. They were 61% run on the season. Cam is a good run blocker. If he ends up as a LT in the NFL, he will be above average run blocking from that spot. In the NFL, he may be pass blocking more than run blocking. It is unlikely any team he joins will be even 50% run.

Alabama's formations help the LT by putting a TE and/or a Back on the left. What I was hoping to see was what Cam will experience as a LT in the NFL: pass blocking a speed rusher, with more than one move, from a Spread Formation with 11 personnel and no help on that side. I'd like to see his kick slide taking the rusher upfield to form a pocket.

In this A&M game, he pass blocked 25 times and some of those were PAP where he showed run steps. There were a couple of outside rushes by Garrett, I believe. He actually blocked with his back once and made a tackle. He will have no problem blocking a Bull Rush in the NFL.

What we'll have to wait and see is how he does against a pass rusher with Bull, Inside/Outside, Spin, Rip and Swim moves as well as how well he picks up Stunts and Twists. That is what will test his quickness and footwork which is the main question about him as a Left Tackle in the NFL.

It will be interesting to see where he goes, where they play him and how well he does.
    Last edited by samparnell; 04-26-2017 at 08:44 AM.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

[QUOTE=samparnell;5570018]
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Football View Post
    Ty Sambrailo cannot be the plan A going into training camp and if he is, Trevor better prepare to have that surgically repaired AC joint separated again. I can understand having some optimism as he was a high pick in the past, however the most I hope for out of Ty Sambrailo is to become a swing tackle back
    ???? Phone issues?

[QUOTE=Rich_C;5570026]
    Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post

???? Phone issues?
    Glitch won't allow delete.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    I don't think Robinson is the only day 1 starter at LT. Actually, Ryan Ramczyk probably has the better chance to contribute early because he already played with a pro, 3-point stance at Wisconsin. Alabama does not run a pro-style offense and Robinson played in a 2-point stance. So, he will have to put his hand on the ground and adjust to it.

Robinson has the footwork to play OT. People comparing him to D.J. Fluker and Andre Smith are only looking at the Alabama uniform. Fluker and Smith were shorter than Robinson and 15 pounds heavier; they don't move as well as Robinson. Among the top-3 OTs from this class, I think Robinson is the one with more lower-body power to anchor. We talk a lot about quick feet, but OTs also need strength to anchor.

I don't see huge, 330-pound OTs like Whitworth and Cordy Glenn playing with exceptionally quick feet. They are big, powerful men. They can play OT because they have the power to anchor, an efficient stance and balance to win in pass protection.

So, I would be more worried about Robinson's technique and how long it will take for him to feel comfortable in a 3-point stance. His foot quickness is fine and he has more power to anchor than Ramczyk and Bolles.
    But will Ramczyk be healthy enough to start day one? The injury is a big reason I'm leaning towards Robinson

It would appear that this was in fact the case. Not only were we linked to a trade for JT and number 12 pick but we were also locked in on Bolles...