Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Forrest Lamp is the only Olineman with First round talent, Sambrailio if he was in this draft would compare to Bolles, and Ramzck. I don't think Denver goes o-line in the first. Ty and Stephenson are the guys we have at left tackle and Watson is our right tackle.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Forrest Lamp is the only Olineman with First round talent, Sambrailio if he was in this draft would compare to Bolles, and Ramzck. I don't think Denver goes o-line in the first. Ty and Stephenson are the guys we have at left tackle and Watson is our right tackle.
    You remember when you and I didn't agree on anything?

Me neither at this point lol we seem to be on the same page more and more lately.

I have no idea why Robinson isn't getting more credit for his play. He had one bad game at the bpwl but he did play against some of the top tier talent in college and more often than not came out on top.

I have not done enough digging into Lamp but how was his teams run game? That ultimately seems to be a big issue for many Tackles in college.

Not a chance. Sambrailo got his ... kicked all day long at the Senior Bowl.... no way would he be considered a top pick.

CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    I have no idea why Robinson isn't getting more credit for his play. He had one bad game at the bpwl but he did play against some of the top tier talent in college and more often than not came out on top.

I have not done enough digging into Lamp but how was his teams run game? That ultimately seems to be a big issue for many Tackles in college.
    In 2016 WKU was balanced on O with about the same number of pass and rushing attempts. Rushing ypa was 5.4 with thirty-five rushing TDs which was the most during the past four years.

They were 54% pass in 2015. Rushing ypa was 4.6 with thirty rushing TDs.

WKU was 56% pass in 2014. Rushing ypa was 4.9 with twenty-one rushing TDs.

They were 53% run in 2013. Rushing ypa was 5 with thirty-one rushing TDs.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Ty Sambrailo was the ninth Tackle picked in 2015. In this year's draft, I don't think he would be graded with top ranked guys like Bolles and Ramczyk; probably more with Davenport, Sharpe and Holden.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Anyone notice how elway says " he's gonna come in" then he corrects himself and says if we go that direction....

Oppssss

Quote Originally Posted by Diggs4 View Post
    Anyone notice how elway says " he's gonna come in" then he corrects himself and says if we go that direction....

Oppssss
    I don't think Elway will take an OT in the 1st round unless the player is among the best available on the Broncos' board. We can go back to the 2011 draft when the Broncos needed a DT badly, but the board did not fall that way and the first 3 picks were OLB, S and OT. If Elway thought he could not enter the season without a starting-caliber OT that's not on the roster, he would have paid Okung's option. I don't believe he would leave free agency thinking the only option in the draft is get an OT in the 1st round no matter what.

So, I am prepared to see the Broncos go in a different direction. We were not expecting CB or OLB in the 1st round when Elway drafted Roby and Ray. If the OTs don't have good grades, Elway will take someone else and it might even be a position that is not considered a need. If the OTs have good grades in the teens, the Broncos have 10 picks to move up and secure the OT of their choice if they want to.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Yeah rod I hope we don't go LT, I think it would be a reach.

In his mock draft, Peter King said most NFL scouts think Cam Robinson is the only day one LT in the draft.

https://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/04/24/...t-round-trades

19. TAMPA BAY

Cam Robinson, T, Alabama

Only day one LT in the draft, most scouts think, and here he is. Bucs thrilled.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Anyone watching espn nation mock draft right now?
    You don't take a guard in first rd 1.

We took (Jeff legwell) ramckek or however you spell it and they hated it. I did as well.
    With the board we could have had Njoku

Quote Originally Posted by MHOC View Post
    Anyone watching espn nation mock draft right now?
    You don't take a guard in first rd 1.

We took (Jeff legwell) ramckek or however you spell it and they hated it. I did as well.
    With the board we could have had Njoku
    Ryan Ramczyk is an OT, not a guard.

And you absolutely take a guard in round 1. Zack Martin, Kevin Zeitler, David DeCastro. Great players, 1st-round guards. The Redskins drafted OT Brandon Scherff #5 overall and moved him to guard. Our top free-agent signing this year was Ronald Leary, a guard. The free-agent signing that helped change the Raiders' OL and take that offense to the next level was a guard, Kelechi Osemele. And these players are making a lot of money. So, if you have a very good guard with a 1st-round grade and he's the best player on your board, you take him.

One of the reasons why the Broncos OL will continue to struggle in 2017 is because either Max Garcia or Michael Schofield will be the right guard.

I know he is an OT that's why it was a different paragraph. Sorry for the confusion

It's a weak Oline for the first rd

Is there any possibility that the scheme change for our OLine will improve our Line's play? How about having McCoy's more simple game plan? I'm starting to think that maybe our OLine struggles are a tad overblown on these forums

I'm not sure there's much value in a press conference days before the draft, especially for a team drafting 20th. The team doesn't give out much information, and really there's not much they can give out, too many different ways the draft could play out, so they might want a specific player, but a team in front of them could pick that player, or a team could trade up to get that player.

I think trying to read anything into it might be just wishful thinking at this point.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."