Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangecrush21 View Post
    Is there any possibility that the scheme change for our OLine will improve our Line's play? How about having McCoy's more simple game plan? I'm starting to think that maybe our OLine struggles are a tad overblown on these forums

The o-line play was overblown, they went from being not good, to being called the worst in the league (they weren't) to the worst in Broncos history (again, they weren't). Scheme might help, shuffling some guys around might help, but they do also need a player or two to really make a difference. Maturation of the QB and RB should also help a little bit as well.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    In his mock draft, Peter King said most NFL scouts think Cam Robinson is the only day one LT in the draft.

https://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/04/24/...t-round-trades
    I really don't see why some are so low on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangecrush21 View Post
    Is there any possibility that the scheme change for our OLine will improve our Line's play? How about having McCoy's more simple game plan? I'm starting to think that maybe our OLine struggles are a tad overblown on these forums
    We expect the rushing attack to have more angle blocked plays. Angle blocking may even become predominant. I'm sure zone steps will still be used some. The zone plays may be simplified compared to the past two seasons. Angle blocked run plays will help in short yardage/GL situations if the O-Line can down block and pull. Angle blocking facilitates influence which slows a defensive front down in their reads.

It isn't that McCoy's game plan will be simple, it's the terminology and play calls that will be simplified. The volume in one game might be less if he wants to concentrate on what has been practiced. McCoy may game plan very differently from week to week which might actually result in more complexity over the course of the season and make scouting by opponents more difficult.

Pass protection is less complex for the O-Line, but becomes more complicated when Backs, TEs and receivers are included. All of the offensive coaches have worked together before, and four of them have been OCs in the NFL. They will probably try to avoid confusion in their run and pass blocking schemes.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    In his mock draft, Peter King said most NFL scouts think Cam Robinson is the only day one LT in the draft.

https://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/04/24/...t-round-trades
    You've probably read a lot of scouting reports on Cam Robinson. Do you share Peter King's take? I've read some scouting reports that question Robinson's quickness and footwork, and how he would do on an island against a speed rusher with no help from FBs & TEs. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Ty Sambrailo cannot be the plan A going into training camp and if he is, Trevor better prepare to have that surgically repaired AC joint separated again. I can understand having some optimism as he was a high pick in the past, however the most I hope for out of Ty Sambrailo is to become a swing tackle back-up. This notion people have somehow convinced themselves of that Ty Sambrailo would be considered with the top tackles in this draft is hilarious and wrong. Ty Sambrailo was never the prospect of Robinson, Ramczyk, Lamp or Bolles and all of them guys are legit 1st Round talents. People just don't like that position in the first round cause it isn't a sexy pick. John Elway NEEDS to put together a good draft and it starts with fortifying the offensive line early.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    You've probably read a lot of scouting reports on Cam Robinson. Do you share Peter King's take? I've read some scouting reports that question Robinson's quickness and footwork, and how he would do on an island against a speed rusher with no help from FBs & TEs. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

If you have the time Sam watch this video and see what you think. Cam Robinson matched up with the likely number 1 overall pick in this draft Myles Garrett, and dominated. Cam Robinson was also brought in for a pre-draft visit I am assuming to attempt to clear up any concerns regarding his character as he was caught in a car with a gun and weed, but I am hoping he is the pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Or, they really do think Ty could be the LT this year? He showed up to camp looking fantastic. He's clearly put on some upper body strength according to reports, maybe Elway is just confident that Ty is the man?

He had terrible coaching last year...but the team was really high on him when he came into the league. Maybe with better coaching and some more strength he can live up to the teams original expectations.
    Looking back at Ty's rookie season, even though it was only 3 games, he played pretty good. If he has added the upper body strength that was the only missing piece in Ty's game, then he could be a legit option at LT. If the Ty talk is real, I wouldnt be shocked to see Denver go get McCaffrey any point after 10. I dont think 10 draft picks can make this roster, so why not go get a play maker.
    A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

I don't think Elway is going to mention a former second round pick as a potential starter as a smokescreen, because of his pride if nothing else.
    Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Football View Post
    Ty Sambrailo cannot be the plan A going into training camp and if he is, Trevor better prepare to have that surgically repaired AC joint separated again. I can understand having some optimism as he was a high pick in the past, however the most I hope for out of Ty Sambrailo is to become a swing tackle back-up. This notion people have somehow convinced themselves of that Ty Sambrailo would be considered with the top tackles in this draft is hilarious and wrong. Ty Sambrailo was never the prospect of Robinson, Ramczyk, Lamp or Bolles and all of them guys are legit 1st Round talents. People just don't like that position in the first round cause it isn't a sexy pick. John Elway NEEDS to put together a good draft and it starts with fortifying the offensive line early.

If you have the time Sam watch this video and see what you think. Cam Robinson matched up with the likely number 1 overall pick in this draft Myles Garrett, and dominated. Cam Robinson was also brought in for a pre-draft visit I am assuming to attempt to clear up any concerns regarding his character as he was caught in a car with a gun and weed, but I am hoping he is the pick.
    Myles Garrett was hampered with an ankle injury in that game. That being said I don't agree that he has trouble with speed rushers, his problems stem from playing too far over his feet and losing balance. If he fixes that he'll become a top OT IMO. Funny thing is La'el Collins was a slightly worse prospect in every area but his biggest problem was the same thing Robinson struggles with. Yet a lot more people thought he could play LT and many think Robinson is strictly a RT or OG.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Myles Garrett was hampered with an ankle injury in that game. That being said I don't agree that he has trouble with speed rushers, his problems stem from playing too far over his feet and losing balance. If he fixes that he'll become a top OT IMO. Funny thing is La'el Collins was a slightly worse prospect in every area but his biggest problem was the same thing Robinson struggles with. Yet a lot more people thought he could play LT and many think Robinson is strictly a RT or OG.
    You hit the nail on the head! On espn they were talking though about Bama having the best coaching in the country and if they couldn't fix it then you probably can't fix it in the NFL. His leaning falling over is a major concern.

Quote Originally Posted by MHOC View Post
    You hit the nail on the head! On espn they were talking though about Bama having the best coaching in the country and if they couldn't fix it then you probably can't fix it in the NFL. His leaning falling over is a major concern.
    Their coaching is overrated, media just says that because they win a lot, but that's just because they're a lot bigger and more physical than most teams.

Edit: I might have overstated, but their coaching on the oline is pretty bad IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    That's exactly my thinking. I don't read anything into what Elway said as some sort of "smokescreen" or "mind game". I think he answered honestly. And I'm a "Conspiracy Buff"!

Sambrailo came in as a rookie with a history shoulder issues, dating back to high school. He won the LT job with his bum shoulder, and then he hurt it worse. The Labrum surgery requires a long, drawn-out rehab, and then Sambrailo hurt his elbow, last June. And they still thought enough of him to Start him in a few games last season. So, it's only been the last 6-8 months that has allowed Sambrailo to address his lack of strength, which was the main criticism in all the Draft Prospect analyses that came out before he was Drafted. I just don't read anything into what Elway said.

Additionally, Forrest Lamp is a Left Tackle. And he played that position at a high level for almost his entire college career. And where "Draft Guru's" get off on listing him as a Guard, because his arms are 2-inches too short, just reminds me of how little you can count on the thousands of "Prospect" and "Mock Draft" sites on the internet. Can Lamp play Guard? I think he's good enough to play any position on the OL.
    I feel lamp can play any where on the line at least at an average level may be a pro-bowl Rt for sure is all-pro gaurd

Quote Originally Posted by MHOC View Post
    Anyone watching espn nation mock draft right now?
    You don't take a guard in first rd 1.

We took (Jeff legwell) ramckek or however you spell it and they hated it. I did as well.
    With the board we could have had Njoku
    Missed the show. Who hated it? What were the alternatives suggested?

Considering the majority of mock drafts and fan speculation for the past two months has had the Broncos having to fix their oline it shouldn't be a surprise when they do. Why the switch?

It has not been my preference to draft any of these olineman at #20 from day one. So I have been aware of the trending opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    I don't think Robinson is the only day 1 starter at LT. Actually, Ryan Ramczyk probably has the better chance to contribute early because he already played with a pro, 3-point stance at Wisconsin. Alabama does not run a pro-style offense and Robinson played in a 2-point stance. So, he will have to put his hand on the ground and adjust to it.

Robinson has the footwork to play OT. People comparing him to D.J. Fluker and Andre Smith are only looking at the Alabama uniform. Fluker and Smith were shorter than Robinson and 15 pounds heavier; they don't move as well as Robinson. Among the top-3 OTs from this class, I think Robinson is the one with more lower-body power to anchor. We talk a lot about quick feet, but OTs also need strength to anchor.

I don't see huge, 330-pound OTs like Whitworth and Cordy Glenn playing with exceptionally quick feet. They are big, powerful men. They can play OT because they have the power to anchor, an efficient stance and balance to win in pass protection.

So, I would be more worried about Robinson's technique and how long it will take for him to feel comfortable in a 3-point stance. His foot quickness is fine and he has more power to anchor than Ramczyk and Bolles.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Cam Robinson is the only Tackle that I would be ok with taking in the 1st round, and Forrest Lamp is the only other offensive lineman that I would be ok with taking in the 1st round.

If we take any other offensive lineman in the first round, I will seriously be pissed.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

Last edited by samparnell; 04-26-2017 at 08:51 AM.