Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

NFL Prospect Gareon Conley Accused of Rape

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/04/25/ga...pe-allegations

Former Ohio State cornerback and NFL draft prospect Gareon Conley has been accused of raping a woman at a hotel in Cleveland, TMZ Sports reports.

Conley's attorney called the allegations “ludicrous and ridiculous.”

Cleveland.com did not name Conley directly, but reported that a top NFL draft prospect is listed as a suspect and under investigation pertaining to an April 9 incident at a local Westin.

According to a police report obtained by TMZ and Cleveland.com, a 23-year-old woman said Conley violated her at a Westin hotel on April 9. She claimed she met Conley in an elevator around 3 a.m., that they went to his hotel room and that he propositioned her for group sex with his friend and another woman, which she declined. She accused Conley of forcibly having sex with her shortly after watching the other couple have sex.

The alleged victim called police at 3:50 a.m., according to the police report.

Conley's attorney, who said the cornerback would take questions from police after the NFL draft, denied the allegations.

"There was no sexual assault," attorney Kevin Spellacy said, according to Cleveland.com. "We've cooperated fully with the police. I actually reached out to them before they even asked us."

Conley is a projected first–round pick in Thursday’s draft. ​NFL Media's Ian Rapoport reported Tuesday that Conley has decided not to attend the draft in Philadelphia.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

True or not, his stock just dropped like a rock.

It seems that there are more knuckleheads this draft class than in previous drafts. One would imagine they would train and stay in
    Last edited by Bterres105; 04-25-2017 at 12:36 PM.

Bad choices can really haunt us. I hope for him that this is false and more so for the woman because that is a horrible act if it is true. I had a track coach tell me once that nothing good ever happens after midnight. With the exception of the birth of children that statement holds up pretty well. With the close competition in CB stock I would agree this may put a serious damper on Conley's draft days.

Quote Originally Posted by Bterres105 View Post
    It seems that there are more knuckleheads this draft class than in previous drafts. One would imagine they would train and stay in
    Eh, a lot of rape and assault accusations (for all professional sports) right before a draft/payday. Ex GFs, lovers, any past issues... no matter how serious or minor, people see $$$ signs in their eyes. It seems to be covered a little more this year than past years, but there are always a lot of these right before the draft or contract signings.
    Mark my words, Trevor Siemian will be much improved after this offseason and will remain the Broncos QB1 in 2017. - Dec '16

Hopefully there will be serious consequences for this woman if she is lying. Questionable timing to come up with an accusation like this.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    Eh, a lot of rape and assault accusations (for all professional sports) right before a draft/payday. Ex GFs, lovers, any past issues... no matter how serious or minor, people see $$$ signs in their eyes. It seems to be covered a little more this year than past years, but there are always a lot of these right before the draft or contract signings.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    Hopefully there will be serious consequences for this woman if she is lying. Questionable timing to come up with an accusation like this.
    According to the original story by TMZ, apparently she didn't know who he was. This is how she described him:

The woman called 911 and described her assailant as a "black male who wouldn't take his sunglasses off and had an Ohio State tattoo on his left forearm." Also, after she was taken to the hospital for a rape exam, she decided that she felt that her dignity was stripped from her in a matter of minutes." She felt humiliated and just wanted to go home. She refused to speak further to the police. So, I'm not sure that she's doing this for the big payday that you are suggesting.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/04/25/nfl-pr...s-allegations/

Suggesting that the alleged victim is the one who did something wrong, while not even considering that he may have done something wrong is interesting, yet par for the course I guess. I understand that people see money and do these things but perhaps it would be worthwhile to find out the facts for both sides before making these types of suggestions.

I'm sure that anyone would not want anyone to automatically say he is guilty before we know the facts. How about we give the same consideration to her at this point.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

If Conley is guilty, we don't have to worry because we know what's coming to him. But if he's not guilty, how will this woman repay the damage done? Does she have millions of dollars to compensate what Conley will lose this week? It's like Conley is in a lose-lose situation.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

I'm not trying to victim shame I'm just asking where is the common sense. You meet a man for the first time in a hotel elevator at 3am and decide to go back to his room with him? What you think was gonna happen you were gonna play scrabble?

And I don't know if Conley did or didn't but for this to happen so close to the draft makes him pretty much undraft able. You cant know until a full investigation happens and his name is cleared. This is different than knocking a girl out that puts hands on you.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    According to the original story by TMZ, apparently she didn't know who he was. This is how she described him:

The woman called 911 and described her assailant as a "black male who wouldn't take his sunglasses off and had an Ohio State tattoo on his left forearm." Also, after she was taken to the hospital for a rape exam, she decided that she felt that her dignity was stripped from her in a matter of minutes." She felt humiliated and just wanted to go home. She refused to speak further to the police. So, I'm not sure that she's doing this for the big payday that you are suggesting.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/04/25/nfl-pr...s-allegations/

Suggesting that the alleged victim is the one who did something wrong, while not even considering that he may have done something wrong is interesting, yet par for the course I guess. I understand that people see money and do these things but perhaps it would be worthwhile to find out the facts for both sides before making these types of suggestions.

I'm sure that anyone would not want anyone to automatically say he is guilty before we know the facts. How about we give the same consideration to her at this point.
    Yes we should not assume innocence on his part. If I am reading this report right I am sad that she chose not to do the rape kit, or talk to the police. It makes it just that much more difficult to prosecute a guilty party. As wrong as the act is it makes it much more of a he said she said situation. Look I don't want the guy to get away with something if he did it.

Quote Originally Posted by WYBRONCO View Post
    Yes we should not assume innocence on his part. If I am reading this report right I am sad that she chose not to do the rape kit, or talk to the police. It makes it just that much more difficult to prosecute a guilty party. As wrong as the act is it makes it much more of a he said she said situation. Look I don't want the guy to get away with something if he did it.
    She actually did do the rape exam. She did refuse to talk with the police further while at the hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by WYBRONCO View Post
    Thanks for clarification. That is a least something for authorities to go on.

Per Ian Rappaport, he has decided to not attend the 2017 draft in Philadelphia. My apologies. I misunderstood what Rappaport said.
    Last edited by broncoslover115; 04-25-2017 at 04:13 PM.

Per Ian Rappaport, he has decided to drop out of the 2017 draft.
    I believe he's dropped out of going to the draft (he was supposed to be there in person) but I don't think he can actually remove himself from the draft at this point. He's still available to be picked or he'll be a UDFA.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

Per Ian Rappaport, he has decided to drop out of the 2017 draft.
    He dropped out? Or he's not attending the draft anymore? If he dropped out that's absurd.