Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 56
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,223
    Quote Originally Posted by skate_d3 View Post
    Video realeased shows the accuser and Conley together at the club earlier in the evening, so part of her story has been proven false.
    At this point unless a full police report is released we will never know what this woman provided in her statement to the police. Did she claim that she met Conley for the first time in the elevator? or did she claim that she ran into him for the second time that evening in the elevator? After typing this it appears that this woman's attorney has made a statement of sorts and went on record stating that the police report which was publicly made available was incomplete. Interestingly enough the attorney didn't call out the specific timeline being called into question with regards to when his client first met Mr. Conley. If you come out in an attempt to re-sway the court of public opinion back into your clients favor then ensuring the public know that your client didn't lie when providing an official statement to police is quite important. I do not think this attorney did his client any favors. Especially if his client did in fact tell the police a similar or identical recantation of the events which the video corroborates.

    Now since this story has broken I found what Clevland News is claiming is the police report:

    http://woio.images.worldnow.com/images/13706611_G.jpg

    Now contrary to the comments above it appears to match the general narrative of the overall media reports where the woman claimed to have only met Mr. Conley in the elevator. The recent video:

    http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_4gftcnxr

    Now as others have also stated it is BIZZARE how at 3 AM you claim that he asked you up to a hotel room to have a foursome....decline that but state that you'd want to watch the other couple do their thing in a bathroom? It just seems bizzare. Also of note there are multiple witnesses who corroborate Mr. Conley's story from the limited information I read.

    Now I'd be curious as to what the rape kit returns. I say this because Mr.Conley states he never raped this woman but I carefully read his statements and no where that I can find did he state that he never had sex with her....

    As others have aptly pointed out I think this case will come down to witness statements vs compelling physical evidence and there will need to be some real digging into the video footage of both the accuser after this incident and Mr. Conley. Specifically once this young woman was asked to leave the room.

    I do also think that some of the other comments about this case are valid....on both sides:

    1. If this was anyone else would police have waited this long to interview him? or press charges?

    On the flip-side:

    2. What is appropriate punishment for someone who falsely accuses someone of rape? In this case there are be some real measured financial implications.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kalifornia
    Posts
    6,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    Now I'd be curious as to what the rape kit returns. I say this because Mr.Conley states he never raped this woman but I carefully read his statements and no where that I can find did he state that he never had sex with her....
    For what it's worth he did concur with the witness reports. Those reports stated the accuser performed oral sex on the accused, but nothing else prior to being asked to leave. So if the rape kit does reveal his DNA it would be atleast be an inconsistency.
    If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.
    -Ronald Reagan


  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Smolan, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    22,318
    Raider...fitting I guess...


  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,338
    I have to say I was surprised. I thought no team would risk having this until he was cleared by the police.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,223
    Quote Originally Posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    I have to say I was surprised. I thought no team would risk having this until he was cleared by the police.
    I was in the same boat.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Muscatine, Iowa
    Posts
    13,405
    Al Davis is smiling somewhere

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Smolan, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    22,318
    Quote Originally Posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    I have to say I was surprised. I thought no team would risk having this until he was cleared by the police.
    Never underestimate the Raiders and Cowboys ability to overlook potential serious character flaws and potential jail time...


  8. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Never underestimate the Raiders and Cowboys ability to overlook potential serious character flaws and potential jail time...
    Either that or the Raiders felt that after they looked into it that he was not going to receive any....ever. It will be curious to see if their intel turns out to be accurate or not.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    8,197
    So now Conley's defense has said that he had consensual sex with the alleged victim. So much for all of the witnesses in the hotel room who said the two did absolutely nothing together. So now all of those witnesses no longer matter, because they all either lied or didn't know, and it becomes a case of he said/she said, which could go to trial. Hopefully everyone who was quick to blame the victim will now have the same condemnation of the witnesses who gave false statements.

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-sex-occurred/
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    So now Conley's defense has said that he had consensual sex with the alleged victim. So much for all of the witnesses in the hotel room who said the two did absolutely nothing together. So now all of those witnesses no longer matter, because they all either lied or didn't know, and it becomes a case of he said/she said, which could go to trial. Hopefully everyone who was quick to blame the victim will now have the same condemnation of the witnesses who gave false statements.

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-sex-occurred/
    That is why I said what I said I most of my comments on this. So by the sounds of it they did have sex...now it is a matter of who do you believe. There is still also a matter of the supposed police report which stated that the victim 'ran into' Conley in an elevator which was shown to be false.

    I think the rape kits evidence will need to have the evidence to support this young woman's case for police to pursue. And again I only say that based on the details thus far because the timeline of how she got into that hotel room (in a matter of speaking) assuming the image of the police report is correct has been undermined.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8,660
    Who can you believe in a he said she said? We don't know the facts. And we likely never will. Point is whatever happened wasn't the smartest thing on his part, and the timing was bad. If it's the woman's fault, she should do hard time for lies and defamation of character. It is crazy to watch some woman ruin a man's life because she is after money. If he is proven innocent she should have to pay him, and never see a penny.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,130
    Quote Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    Who can you believe in a he said she said? We don't know the facts. And we likely never will. Point is whatever happened wasn't the smartest thing on his part, and the timing was bad. If it's the woman's fault, she should do hard time for lies and defamation of character. It is crazy to watch some woman ruin a man's life because she is after money. If he is proven innocent she should have to pay him, and never see a penny.
    Interesting point of view you are taking towards the situation even after the reveal that Conley lied.

    His complete turnaround from "nothing happened" to "consnsuel sex" brings his credibility into question.

    Could it have been him destroying someone's life and lying to go after the money in the draft? IMO this changes the entire narrative against him. He lied.

    Going to be difficult to explain away why. Even in a he said, she said scenario.
    Last edited by FR Tim; 05-02-2017 at 05:39 AM.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8,660
    Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Interesting point of view you are taking towards the situation even after the reveal that Conley lied.

    His complete turnaround from "nothing happened" to "consnsuel sex" brings his credibility into question.

    Could it have been him destroying someone's life and lying to go after the money in the draft? IMO this changes the entire narrative against him. He lied.

    Going to be difficult to explain away why. Even in a he said, she said scenario.
    I haven't paid to much attention to this, so him lying is new to me. All I knew was what was reported at the Draft, and that was both his attorney and the Raiders felt confident this was going to go away.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,338
    He could very well be charged. That doesn't mean he is guilty or innocent but if he gets charged that just makes this very very messy for the raiders. If this progresses into something bigger which it appears to be doing I cant imagine the media giving them a pass for knowingly drafting a guy under a rape investigation especially with a high pick. This is much bigger than just knocking a female out at a bar.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kalifornia
    Posts
    6,338
    Quote Originally Posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
    For what it's worth he did concur with the witness reports. Those reports stated the accuser performed oral sex on the accused, but nothing else prior to being asked to leave. So if the rape kit does reveal his DNA it would be atleast be an inconsistency.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    So now Conley's defense has said that he had consensual sex with the alleged victim. So much for all of the witnesses in the hotel room who said the two did absolutely nothing together. So now all of those witnesses no longer matter, because they all either lied or didn't know, and it becomes a case of he said/she said, which could go to trial. Hopefully everyone who was quick to blame the victim will now have the same condemnation of the witnesses who gave false statements.

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-sex-occurred/
    If you follow those links it brings you to a twitter feed, and the words used are that a "consensual sexual event" occurred. I quoted myself above to show that he indeed already said a consenual sexual event occured, she performed oral sex on him. There is really nothing new here it seems, just a play on words to inspire clicks. This is how I view in at least until someone credible openly says another form of sex took place beyond doubt. Do not mistake this for me sticking up for the accused, I still believe rapists should be castrated or killed. However, I also firmly believe in innocence until proven guilty.
    If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.
    -Ronald Reagan


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •